A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversible jumpers and a (melodramatic) farewell of sorts  (Read 4608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KitschyCoo
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008 01:39:35 PM »

Thanks so much for all of your lovely posts, I feel totally humbled by your kind words and encouragement.  And more than a little bit sheepish that losing my sewing room became THE END OF THE WORLD, when so many of you do not have sewing rooms but do have considerably more children than me and still find time to sew wherever you can, whenever you can.  Even if you're in a playpen, which made me laugh.

I'm going to look at the flat with fresh eyes over the weekend, set up again even if it's in the bath, and stop being such a martyr.  And start taking my meds again  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008 01:48:10 PM »

I love the fabrics you chose and that they are reversable. On such a simple style you've made quite an impact.
I've always wanted a sewing room and have never had one. I keep my fabrics in trunks in the garage along with my other sewing and crafting paraphernalia. When the mood strikes, I grab a laundry basket, load up on the supplies needed and then set up at the kitchen table. This allows me to keep an eye on the 5 kids! When we need to use the table, everything goes back into the laundry basket until the next crafting session. You should see my house at Christmas time! Baskets everywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008 02:19:39 PM »

Just wanted to chime in with everyone else...

I don't have a sewing room...until recently DH, DD, and I resided in a one bedroom apartment with NO storage...I still found (made!) time to sew.  Now I'm tickled pink to live in a two bedroom duplex (though there are now 6 of us instead of just 3) with room to set up a permanent table for sewing in the bedroom...but unfortunately that means I can't sew once DD goes to bed at night.  Angry  Instead, I use evening times to get chores done, do my cutting out, tracing, planning, and hand sewing. If I get my chores done at night, it frees up a bit of time during the day.  Still, I only catch my sewing opportunities 5-15 minutes at a time!

I'm confident you'll make a way, even if it's not quite as ideal as you'd like it to be. But whatever you do, don't give up! We'd all miss you and your wonderful creations too much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
Munora
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008 02:44:14 PM »

Very cute. As always you have great taste in fabric. I sew in my kitchen too. I currently have two machines and a surger on the counters as I type. I home school a 12 year old and have a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 4 month old. I feel your pain.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008 07:56:49 PM by Munora » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
ThirdMargaret

I'm not happy, I'm cheerful. There's a difference.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008 03:25:12 PM »

{{{KitschyCoo)))

Anything I have to add has been said ( and far better than I could!). Craftster and crafting are much needed therapy for me as well, and ironically I just gave up my "atelier" for my middle daughter. However, as someone said here some time ago, "It is the way of my people." Cheesy  And we are each other's people!  I'm glad you're feeling better about everything...you'll make it work!  I love seeing your designs and sweet tots and would miss your posts!

And I never discount better living through pharmaceuticals.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
111diana777
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008 03:38:02 PM »

Oh no!!!  I am new here but I absolutely love your stuff, I really think that you should try to find a place, closet wherever, or find an activity that will keep the kiddos busy enough so that you can work on sewing while they're playing.  I think especially with dealing with the depression, it's a great outlet for you & you shouldn't just give it up.  It would be worth pulling in & out of a closet, etc.  *hugs*  hope you find a solution!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ohsohappytogether
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008 03:46:33 PM »

First, I want you to know that I have just loved following your sewing adventures. Whenever I spotted a pic of your little girl on the featured projects on the home page I went right to it to see what you had done next. You have inspired me to sew for my daughter (she's one). Thanks for all that you share I hope everything will work out and you will be able to continue on. I understand the whole working out of a closet thing. Our apartment is tiny, but fortunately, my parents live close and let me set up shop in their dining room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unjugetito
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008 06:12:35 PM »

Isn't it nice to feel the love??? Grin Grin Grin
When we move to smaller house at end of this month I'm going to put all of mine in bunks in master bedroom just so I can keep the spare room for ME!!! I figure they are still little so my oldest has a while before she reaches raging hormones stage that require a seperate room ( or house!)
Anyways they have always liked being together. It's like a Pajama party every night. If I were you, I wouldn't give up on having them in same room. I love seeing my kids sneak into one bed and in morning it's just a tangle of arms and legs everywhere.
 Good luck with where ever you decide to craft  but  leaving us is not an option Ya' hear?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShammyCrafty

www.etsy.com/shop/explodingnoise

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008 06:22:09 PM »

Girl you better work out of that closet!!! Cheesy My apartment is so tiny & cluttered that my "sewing room" is a desk, with a sewing machine, & I use the coffee table to cut fabrics, storage bins under the bed, couch, & wherever I can find space. I wish I had a closet to work out of .  ;DWhere there is a will, there is a way!! Please don't give up your craft!! Look around your apartment- I'm sure you'll discover there is a space that you can use! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wookiewoo
Wookiewoo! Wookie who? Wookiewoo!!!

No Meanies!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008 06:26:03 PM »

So, after enjoying all of your lovely posts, cute pictures and inspiring ideas for months, it saddened me to hear that you might not be enjoying crafting after contributing so much  Sad  But it also reminded me of a project that I had seen on Martha Stewart's site http://www.marthastewart.com/article/sewing-room-in-a-closet-with-jim?autonomy_kw=craft%20room%20in%20a%20closet&rsc=header_1  Craft room in a closet. 

We definately need a discussion on how to craft in limited spaces!  I see it's a common thread around here  Wink
(sorry about the bad pun, I just couldn't resist!  Grin)

The upside is, this means you get to create a NEW space for your crafting or find a new time to have to do it.  I always enjoy freshening things up and changing them around, maybe this will be a great opportunity for you  Kiss Let us know what you come up with for your new space  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amy Shearn on The Mermaid of Brooklyn
Waking Up in Heaven by Crystal McVea
Kid Rated. Mom Approved: Episode 3
Wool by Hugh Howey
Immortal Bird by Doron Weber
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...