A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Ongoing Wish Swap round 3  (Read 14096 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 30, 2008 07:13:45 PM »

An ongoing swap geared towards kids!
This is for child crafting/supplies - please do not list things other than for kids or to be used for child crafts

For people thinking of joining - you can join this swap at any time during the month.  When you see something that someone wants you can stake a crafty claim(on the last list or current list posted not one burried up by other posts Wink)  So you can pick what you want to make and when.  It will give you some crafty freedom.
The more the merrier with an Ongoing Swap so if you have kids or want things made for kids you know this will be a great swap for you!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Summertimerolls
co-organizer:
Sign-up date range: (10/1/08-10/31/08)
Date to send item by: 14 days after claiming

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Age requirement?  13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as COWS 3 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

This will help me stay organized.  Also, please include the send by date with any package sent or received.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 36.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX ITEMS FOR A CHILD.  You can join wanting to receive for a child other than your own.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.  Also site examples/links to tutorials/finished items, that helps A LOT

(Please have your list ready, this swap can move very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.   

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.
***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a day, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous OWS rounds to see how an OWS works:
Round 36 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254441.0

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer
Summertimerolls

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

To join our discussion:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=92.0

Round 1 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265258.0
Round 2 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268959.0
Round 3 gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008 08:34:45 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008 07:41:00 PM »

Blue-sent
Green-received
Orange- late with communication
Red- late with out communication-neg. feedback can be given.

3 wishes
brilor (5,5,5)

Ezri_B (1,0,0)
girlosun_9 (3,3,3)
Laural (1,1,1)
missgabbielynn (3,3,3)
patty_o_furniture (3,3,3)
Ruby Copperhead (3,3,3)
[member]sajona[/member] (2,2,2)
summertimerolls (1,1,1)
Superhooker (3,3,3)
Zelda.Suicide (4,4,3)

2 wishes
CJKJ (4,4,4)

1 wish

10/17/08
Zelda.Suicide to Sajona for something for both N's (age 3 and 6), since the other 2 have already been sent something.
patty_o_furniture to Zelda.Suicide for an I spy bag
-note.  Patty is sending with her second Zelda claim due 29th
10/18/08
brilor to Patty-O-Furniture for 2 patchwork twirl skirts. One for each daughter.
first claim

Superhooker to brilor for a fun monster hat for her 6 year old!
brilor to Superhooker for a R2D2 stuffie!

10/19/08
CJKJ to brilor for some new bean bags.

10/20/08
Ruby Copperhead to CJKJ for hand puppets.
brilor to Ruby Copperhead for a R2D2 stuffie!
Ruby Copperhead to brilor  for "absolutely anything Star Wars" Smiley or let's make that "something" Smiley

10/22/08
Summertimerolls to Ruby Copperhead for a stuffed Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc.
girlosun_9 to summertimerolls for PJ pants for her son.
CJKJ to girlosun_9 for a tote bag for one of her children

10/25/08
Ruby Copperhead to CJKJ for headbands

10/26/08
sajona to Ruby Copperhead for ok I'm going to attempt a gorrillaz hoody..wish me luck!!!

10/28/08
missgabbielynn to sajona for something Disney princess for Sajona's 3 year old princess.
girlosun_9 to missgabbielynn for something from her wists for Noah and, if it doesn't work out, something Thomas the Train.
superhooker to girlosun_9 for cowls for her kids!! 
Zelda.Suicide to superhooker for stuff for her SIL's soon to be born baby boy (including a changing pad).
superhooker to Zelda.Suicide for a bunch of kid patterns, and some magnets to play with.
missgabbielynn to superhooker for a black apple doll for her neice Emma. 

10/29/08
girlosun_9 to missgabbielynn for crayon rolls-->one for her son and one for her niece.
patty_o_furniture to girlosun for an I Spy Bag
Zelda.Suicide to patty_o_furniture for a crocheted baking set
patty_o_furniture to Zelda.Suicide for bedroom art.
11/01/08
missgabbielynn to Patty-O-Furniture for felt food for her little ones.
11/03/08
CJKJ to missgabbielynn for some barrettes (and possibly some hair scrunchies if I can work them out)
11/05/08
brilor to CJKJ for an indoor hopscotch mat
Ezri_B to brilor for an eyeglass case and a necklace
11/07/08
Brilor to Ezri_B for some surprises for her boys.
laural to Brilor for something with a football theme for Sean.
11/12/08
CJKJ to Laural for a little drawstring pouch and a surprise.

Zelda claim CJKJ for some cool surfer/skateboarder style/bread related t-shirts (size 12 mo) for Bubs.

sajona to Zelda I'll claim for some t shirts and maybe some extra jungle bits.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 06:39:09 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008 07:42:36 PM »

We start with the person who claimed last in round 2 Sajona
I'll claim a chore chart! (and maybe non fighting spray if I can get my printer working!)

Hi, Im sajona from the UK, I have 4 kids, no pets and a IT consultant DH. We live in chaos just north of London .
I havent given a specific list as I am happy for you to use your imagination they love getting things in the post! The boys always seem to miss out on crafty goodies so do pick them if you can ☺

second claim of 3
1 sent, 1 received

S aged 14 : Spends his entire waking hours on the computer if he possibly can do or the Wii or XBOX360. He has grown up with Nintendo  - especially Mario so anything with that theme would go down well. He hates sports and is quite happy being a geek ☺
He loves music too especially Linkin Park.
Favourite programmes: Heroes and The Simpsons
Fave colours: blue and black
Fits size 15/16 Mens size small.
(received - a mario stuffie!)

J  aged 11 loves World War 2 tanks and all military stuff especially American and Japanese stuff.  His bedroom has this theme so any storage items, books, pictures that would work would be great.
Patterns: camoflage, WW11 planes and tanks, soldiers,
Loves drawing especially cartoons and marvel comic style heroes.
Favourite programmes: The Simpsons and Futurama
He fits age 10 t shirts (he is small for his age)
Some hats/scarves would be useful (nothing scratchy he is quite fussy LOL!)
Likes blue, green and red.
(received - a Dr Zoidberg stuffie Smiley )

N aged 6  has ADHD and is a bit of a handful! He likes Doctor Who in a big way!! He seems to like the classic series as much as the current one. Particularly Daleks and Cybermen. Also likes Spiderman and The Fantastic Four. Enjoys crafts and drawing.
He fits 7/8 clothes.
He likes all colours.
He could also do with cold weather gear and storage items plus drawing pads/colouring pens etc that are unusual.

N aged nearly 3 is a Disney Princess she is totally mad for Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast etc etc. Loves dressing up and drawing. She starts ballet this term.
Fits 3-4 size clothes. Loves pink, pink and more pink. Pretty typical for her age I suppose., She does like Hello Kitty too.  Her room is all pink and cream but not that cutesy. Could always use cooler weather clothes I like her in miniboden (www.boden.co.uk)style clothes slightly retro  and hardwearing/washable.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008 04:06:38 PM »

I claim Sajona for something for both N's (age 3 and 6), since the other 2 have already been sent something.
This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

I am a SAHM (atm, however I am currently looking for a parttime job, bleh) of 1 darling little boy who is 3 years old.  We live in North Carolina, USA.

Quentin - 3 year old boy
Currently wears size 3T/4T in shirts and 2T in pants (he is tall and skinny/long torso, 38in.tall/30lbs), size 6/7 in toddler shoes.  If you need actual measurements let me know. 
Loves Thomas/trains, cars (ie-HotWheels), SuperWhy, Clifford, Lazytown, Dora/Diego, Blue's Clues, Mario Bros, RockBand, pirates, dinosaurs, space/rockets (and lots of other things, just ask, he probably likes it)  OMG, I can't believe I almost forgot Spiderman!
Also enjoys cheese (in many wonderous forms, from quesadilas to cubes), cookies, ice cream, chocolate milk and fruit snacks.  (I promise he doesn't just eat these things, they are just on the top of the list of things he wants when I ask him what he wants for whatever meal)
Also likes trying to ride his new tricycle, running in circles around the house, gymnastics class, and "playing" soccer.
Likes watching KC Chiefs football with his daddy and grandpa every Sunday (they all have matching jerseys, it's really quite adorable).  Also UNC Tarheel basketball is big in this house.  (He also has a KU-Jayhawks grandpa and an UGA-Bulldogs grandpa pulling him in their directions, haha).
He doesn't really have a favorite color (at least not one that he will tell me, he just starts naming all the colors he knows), sticking to boy appropriate colors would be best (so no pinks or purples).

---------------------------------------------------------

Play Food/Play Kitchen items - I (with the help of my woodworking older brother) am converting a set of old bedside tables into a play kitchen for Christmas... so I will be needing play kitchen and food items, I have a whole booklet that I printed out of crocheted foods but I haven't had a chance to get them started.  Crocheted/felt/etc... please no faces on the items, there's nothing weirder than pretending to eat foods that have cute/funny faces.

Awesome shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve) or hoodie - please no iron ons (they do not last in my wash) - in any of his favorite things or check out the examples on his wist (link below, and yes I made my kid his own wist, haha)

Lounge pants/PJs in fabrics in his favorite things or some Christmas ones (I've even seen Thomas Christmas fabric!). 

Art for bedroom/bathroom (painting/embroidery/fabric/etc) - Bedroom is transportation themed, bathroom is monkeys/jungle.  (Here is a link to my flickr set with pictures of both rooms-the only thing that is different now other than furniture being moved around is the Thomas curtain on the window, it's posted on here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/amystagner/sets/72157603919027797/)

Transportation themed (or Thomas themed) Bedding... blanket/quilt/sheets/pillowcases (please no fleece blankets, he has like 5 of them now)... twin sized.

This is a biggie, but this thing is just too cool, so I thought why not, I can't seem to figure out how to make it... http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=BOO801/514.0

Knit socks!  I just love knit socks but I can't knit myself and crocheted socks aren't as nice looking.

I-Spy bag.  These things are so neat!

Conductors hat - kid loves his trains.

Sewing/crocheting patterns for infants/toddlers/boys/girls (we plan on having at least one more, it might be a little while, but I have been collecting patterns so I will be ready when we do)

Mario (as in the Nintendo Mario bros) amigurumi - snugglably sized.

A set of cute/fun magnets (he has one of those magnet/dryerase/chalkboard easels) to play with (puzzles, alphabets, cars/trains/planes, etc...)

------------------------------------------------------------

his wist - http://www.wists.com/Qstag  (there are examples of most of the things on the list on here)

his blog - http://amystagner.blogspot.com 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008 08:45:05 PM »

I claim Zelda for an I Spy Bag

First Claim

I'm a SAHM from Utah, USA.  I have two girls.  I love matching things if you want to make two.  I will be using this stuff for Christmas stuff, so keep in mind you won't get action shots, but I'll surely take pics after the kids are asleep!

A:  4 years old, color is pink.  Loves Ariel.  Wears 5T clothes.  Room is Pepto bismol pink with pastel flower border.
S:  2 years old, color is yellow.  Fav is Tinkerbell.  Wears 2T clothes.  Room is fairies and flower murals.

GOODIES:

Nativity Set

Christmas Countdown

Finger Puppets

Hand Puppets

Cloth Potty Training Pants

Cloth Diapers

Girl Panties

Patchwork dress(s)

Dress up stuff

Matching tutu's

Crochet Girls to look like my DD's (blonde hair/blue eyes...etc)

Felt letter book

Zipper/Bow Tie/Button Book

cute painted/Decorated shoes

something to do with Ariel or Tinkerbell

Fairy house or door

Chalkboard placemats

wisty-goodies

Baking Set, either Crochet or Sewn
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_2&listing_id=15607094
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_9&listing_id=15365877

Mermaid Tail Costume

Felt food set -pizza/dairy products/sandwich/veggies... (we already have lots of pancakes and eggs)

Cute T-Shirts/Sweaters/Clothes

Thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brilor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008 03:49:41 PM »

I claim Patty-O-Furniture for 2 patchwork twirl skirts. One for each daughter.
first claim

Hi my name is Lori and I live in Long Island, New york. 
 I have 3 boys...
Jimmy- age 12 almost 13 yikes! (almost a teenager). He is tall and slim. He loves to listen to music, skateboard, and play xbox360.
He wears a pattern size 14 and retail size 16 bottoms
pj pants with a music, skulls(like tattoo looking fabric not pirate) or skateboard theme would be great.
a case for his Ipod touch made from felt or fabric would be very cool.
It also get pretty cold here in the winter so a knitted or crochet hat and scarf would keep him toasty
He has reading glasses so a quilted eyeglass case with some cool fabric would be fabulous.
He would love some surfer/skater type necklaces or bracelets (the leather cord and it has a cool charm or shell or picture hanging from it) or something made out of hemp

My Sean- is age 7
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 in clothing. he loves star wars, dinosaurs, sharks, spongebob & Ben10
pj pants- any boy theme
Monster stuffies- some Ben 10 alien like stuffies would be awesome
a cool bank- any medium, just boyish would be good.
he plays football, so something with a football theme like pillow, pillow case, quilt, pencil case
absolutely anything STARWARS and I mean anything.... He loves everything starwars related

My Tyler is 6
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 (he's my little chunky monkey)
He loves skateboarding, Ben10 and everthing Disney.
pj pants- Disney theme of some sort would be nice.
stuffies- any type of fun monster or alien he just loves them! He still needs to sleep with something at night (shhh don't tell anyone)
he loves to wear hats! so any type of fleece, knitted or crochet animal or monster hat would be fun
He has a bean bag toss game that he loves and he would love to have some new bean bags to toss around (finishes size 4x4) would be great.
an eye spy game would also be nice.
a long sleeved embelished shirt would be awesome.
sorry I don't know how to add the links to pictures of items.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008 03:53:21 PM by brilor » THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008 04:01:01 PM »

I claim brilor for a fun monster hat for her 6 year old!
This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

Hey guys!  Im Heather, and me and my family live in Michigan.  We are big into nature, living green, recycling and stuff like that.  We love to hike, and we love things inspired by nature.   Ive got a kiddo, Alexander, and hes 8.75.  He turns 9 on December 22nd.  He loves Star Wars, Naruto, Avatar, Pokemon, Harry Potter, Goosebumps books, pirates, monsters, magic, all kinds of stuff.  He LOVES to read, like crazy.  He is super athletic, and very tall.  (he is only a couple of inches shorter than me!  It is scary!)
We just re-did his room last month. The walls are green, and the rest of the scheme is black, white, and silver/grey.  We wanted to give him a really nice, grown up room.  He is definitely a grown up kid.  He really really loves anything handmade.  He is the kind of kid who totally loves something more if it was made by hand. (I really lucked out!)
So heres some stuff he would LOVE:

Crocheted star wars guys: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_1&listing_id=14517559

Roll up chalkboard:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13706821

Sock animal

A yoda poppet

A cool stenciled/screen printed/or sewn hoodie (size 12)  anything star wars, naruto, skulls, rock and roll, anything like that would be awesome!  We are into recycling clothing, so used, but nice hoodies newly stencilled are good too!

A stuffed octopus with long tentacles (hed love something big enough to be huggable)

An R2D2 stuffie like the one from last round, here, and also in my profile:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=268959.msg3034477#msg3034477

Thanks brilor!!!

A case for his leapster L-max.  We need something to travel with.  It can be just a large padded cosmetic bag, but it would need to have a pocket to keep the little game cartridges in it.  Ill get dimensions if anyone is interested.

A lunch bag for school (cleanable would be awesome!) like this one, but not flowery:
http://tumblingblocks.net/blog/index.cfm/2007/7/31/oilcloth-lunch-bag

A hanging pocket organizer in black/white/silver/green, to hang in his room:
http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/1583

A birdcage like this, except in boy colors (no pink or flowers!):
http://pretty-ditty.blogspot.com/2008/03/fabric-bird-cage-tutorial.html

Something cool and princessy for my neice, Emma.  She's 7, but she wears a size 12 in girls (she's a hefty princess!). 
-She'd dig cool stenciled or appliqued shirts. 
-A pretty princessy doll
-A stuffed fleece bunny or horse.
-A black apple doll, like this: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/black-apple-doll?rsc=fav_Homepage_Homepage

Anything made for her really needs to be pretty rough and tumble.  She lives in a house where things break easily.  Things that are washable are also a plus!

And my sister in law is having a baby this winter.  Its going to be a boy!  Her favorite color is baby blue.  Shes kinda into blingy stuff.  This will be her first baby, so she doesnt have any hand me downs sitting in boxes, and heres some stuff  Id love to giver her:

A diaper changing pad:
http://sewtakeahike.typepad.com/sewtakeahike/2008/07/diaper-changing.html

A cool diaper bag:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_12&listing_id=14154619

Baby booties

Any used but nice baby stuff would be great too!  Or any baby stuff that you love to make.

Thanks in advance!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008 09:16:54 AM by superhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
brilor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008 07:28:47 PM »

I claim Superhooker for a R2D2 stuffie!
This is my 2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

Hi my name is Lori and I live in Long Island, New york. 
 I have 3 boys...
Jimmy- age 12 almost 13 yikes! (almost a teenager). He is tall and slim. He loves to listen to music, skateboard, and play xbox360.
He wears a pattern size 14 and retail size 16 bottoms
pj pants with a music, skulls(like tattoo looking fabric not pirate) or skateboard theme would be great.
a case for his Ipod touch made from felt or fabric would be very cool.
It also get pretty cold here in the winter so a knitted or crochet hat and scarf would keep him toasty
He has reading glasses so a quilted eyeglass case with some cool fabric would be fabulous.
He would love some surfer/skater type necklaces or bracelets (the leather cord and it has a cool charm or shell or picture hanging from it) or something made out of hemp

My Sean- is age 7
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 in clothing. he loves star wars, dinosaurs, sharks, spongebob & Ben10
pj pants- any boy theme
Monster stuffies- some Ben 10 alien like stuffies would be awesome
a cool bank- any medium, just boyish would be good.
he plays football, so something with a football theme like pillow, pillow case, quilt, pencil case
absolutely anything STARWARS and I mean anything.... He loves everything starwars related
draw string back pack like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_8&listing_id=14137083

My Tyler is 6
He wears a pattern size 8 and retail size 8 (he's my little chunky monkey)
He loves skateboarding, Ben10 and everthing Disney.
pj pants- Disney theme of some sort would be nice.
stuffies- any type of fun monster or alien he just loves them! He still needs to sleep with something at night (shhh don't tell anyone)
he loves to wear hats! so any type of fleece, knitted or crochet animal or monster hat would be fun
He has a bean bag toss game that he loves and he would love to have some new bean bags to toss around (finishes size 4x4) would be great.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=12984448
an eye spy game would also be nice.
a long sleeved embelished shirt would be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CJKJ
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008 05:00:03 AM »

I claim brilor for some new bean bags.

First claim, 0,0

I am a SAHM to 4 kiddos.  We have 3 girls and 1 boy, 8yrs, 5 yrs, 3 yrs &  1 yr old.  We live in KY and have a small amount of living space for all 6 of us.  The sisters all love "the Bubs" very much.  He probably needs the most stuff since we have so many girly things. 

for Bubs:  (He has a surfer/skateboarder style with cool hair to match.)

Some cool surfer/skateboarder style stenciled/silkscreened/appliqued t-shirts - size 12 mo.

Layered sleeve tees stenciled/silkscreened with sayings "Bread Lovers Unite!" or "Yeah, Toast"  (yes, he's a bread man)

Cadet style hat

knit toque in browns/oranges

pj pants or sets (styled like Old Navy/Gap pants)  he is cloth diapered so he needs some extra room in the pants.  I love stripes in boyish colors.

He is very good with his hands and likes to manipulate things so we need some toys that are good for him to manipulate.

Wooden lock box toy like this: http://www.peapods.com/browse.cfm/4,667.htm

wooden freeform blocks like this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_16&listing_id=15031092

Nuts & Bolts board like this (bottom of pg 36):
http://www.michaelolaf.com/08JC13toys.pdf

For the girls:

Hand drawn/painted artwork with their name, name meaning & scripture (ask me for the descriptions)

Wool Felt play food for their kitchen (any)

Hand puppets for 3 yr old.  Somethat look realistic like this:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_5&listing_id=9739568

Crocheted headbands that grip for 5 yr old.  Her hair is so thin it falls out of anything we use to put it up.  Like the large cream one in this post:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=232665.0

Pop Tab Belt for 8 yr old - she ADORES this but we don't drink can soda.
http://ohsocrafty.blogspot.com/2005/05/can-tab-belt.html

Supplies:
wool felt & floss for 8 yr old to craft with
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008 05:43:44 AM »

I claim CJKJ for hand puppets.

First claim, 0,0.

Here's my wishlist:

Hi, I am... already stuck... argh... (first ongoing wish swap, sorry...)
I am a mom of two great boys. I'm a she-nerd chaos machine, and I have passed this on to my lovely little nerdy chaos generators. Crafting is what keeps me going. And coffee Smiley
We live in Germany.

A word about German clothing size system: It refers to the height of the kids in centimeters, increasing in steps of 6, like for example: 104, 110, 116, 122, 128 etc. Sometimes I get US clothes for the kids and my experience is that they can wear clothes that are their age +1, but better ask before deciding upon a size.

The Big M: 7 years old, loves computers, trains, maths, sports and reading, volcanoes, food charts (although I don't want any goodies of that), Star Wars toys and LEGO and Playmobil. Favourite TV shows are Lazy Town and Vicky the Viking, Pettersson & Findus, Shaun the Sheep, Kim Possible and Nils Holgersson. Favourite Films include Monster Inc., everything Winnie the Pooh, Shrek, and Ice Age.
Favourite bands are Queen, Gorillaz and Prodigy (no, he is not allowed to see their video clips Smiley and his English is not yet good enough to understand the lyrics Smiley ). Favourite color is blue.
Wears size 128.

The Middle M (there is no smaller one, but we are not allowed to call him small Smiley): 5 years old, loves trains, train schedules, Benjamin Bluemchen, cats, and music, music, music. Favourite toys are LEGO and Playmobil, blankets, pillows and stuffies, and everything related to transport. Favourite TV shows and movies are same as his brother's, plus Sandmaennchen. Likes all kinds of music. Slight preference for red, orange and green.
Wears size 104, moving up to 110 soon.

Their bedroom is jungle-themed, in primary colors, mostly green. There's a train's sub-theme (actually, we have that in every room Smiley )

For most things, matching sets would be very nice, so if you want to pick the same item in two claims, or claim two, please do.
Please consider that anything my kids get to handle must be robust, that is everything must be sewn on tight and good, as we are all clumsy folk, and the little, eh, middle one is still not out of poking age.
No camouflage or war themed stuff please.

Hoodies (please PM me for head size, they have laaarge heads)

knitted hooded vest or sleeveless hooded jacket

papoose leather slippers (can give you patterns)

Anything themed to their favourite TV shows or movies, esp. stuffies or amigurumi

Stuffies from Gorillaz, esp one of Noodle when she wears her headphones (they'll never grow out of something that's so cool)

themed pillowcases for 45x45cm

From LazyTown:
A Pixel shirt like this:
A Sportacus hat (must be very soft) or scarf or anything Sportacus wears

A wall hanging for putting mittens in (preferably Ice Age/prehistoric themed, but every design is okay)

A volcano stuffie / pillow, or a volcano tote to keep our toy dinosaurs in it

I couldn't not include this: the R2D2 stuffie Smiley

A crafting bag for a boy (yeah right!) with possibly a reference both to crochet and spiderman or batman or one of the abovementioned themes, so that he can keep his crochet stuff (first monster purse on the way) somewhere really cool

themed Pyjamas or T-Shirts

Viking garb (everything but the tunics, as we already have these)

They have a fireman suit and helmet, but accesories are welcome (crochet fire extinguisher or fire extinguisher stuffie?)

cotton blanket with windows in it (to hang up for making a house), windows should be able to be closed

a cover for small matresses (vocabulary problem, sorry, but I can describe it: It should cover the whole matress not just the top, and be closed with a zipper or velcro, and the size is about 70x70x15cm (please ask for exact size, and if you need the size in inches)

and for my nephew and niece I am looking for Digimon amigurumi or stuffies, and tool belts.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008 11:31:06 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Hollywood Curls
Ponytails of Summer: Twist and Turn
Ponytails of Summer: Fishtail Ponytail
How to Get an Undone Updo
Like A Pro Hair Tips From Ken Paves
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...