A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 39  (Read 11819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frosty772
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2008 08:02:34 AM »

I am going to claim phoenixfire for a small purse

This is my first claim this round.
None sent 
None received

Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 36 and im a stay at home mom to three boys in Northern California. I just moved here from OH and love it!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
First off any surprise off my wist list is great!!

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

Crocheted Victorian Reticule like this one http://www.knitheaven.com/vintagepatterns/23_LADYS_RETICULE_CROCHET.htm

I love this shawl and am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

A crocheted or knitted Sontang.  This is a Civil War era item.  Here is a pattern link to one http://www.csa-scla.org/articles/Sontag.htm#ModernSontag2 I would like one in cream or chocolate brown color.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Handmade lunch bags!!  I looking for one for each of my boys and hubby.  (Claim for one at a time is fine of course)

Primitive Rageddy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Handwarmers like the ones offered at Hot Topic. Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.

Crazy Quilted Purse
Victorian capelet.  At least waist length please email for length.
Regency or Victorian era Reticule
Petticoat either knee or ankle length !!  (Im 5'5 email for length) (recieved one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

Victorian slipper.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  I have always wanted to try it!!  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies as I would love to learn how to make my own. Pre-made bars are appreciated as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.     

Soap bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well.

Hand crafted candles are great too.  Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).

Woodworking
I need a shelf for above my bathroom toilet!!  I just moved to a new home and need to decorate my own bathroom (living with 4 boys here I need my girly space lol)  My space from wall to wall is 26" (I can hit each side of the wall while sitting  )  It can be painted, stenciled, decoupaged!!  If painted or stenciled the colors I would like is rose, white, mustard or country blue (I have a piece of metal artwork directly above it and these are the colors in it).  I just ask that it have a victorian flare (especially if decoupaged please) to it!!  Other then that surprise me!!

~~Supplies~~

Hobby Lobby and Michaels crafts have Victorian style sewing supplies!! Sadly I am no longer local to either (actually no Hobby Lobby in CA) I would love some small stork sissors, seam ripper ( I have lost my cheapy plastic one) thread cutter (I dont expect all three of course unless you want to. Feel free to pick one or so) (Irasema sent me a pincushion and needle holder.  Thank you so much!!)

Patterns!!  I am 80 miles from a Joanns or Hancocks (sniff sniff).  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ 1048...1023..2934.. .2884...2968...1239 ...1038...8352...80 03
Simplicity~~ 2851
McCalls~~ 5714...5717
Any patterns by Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, Folkwear and Sense and Sensibility (really wanting the Spencer pattern and Regency Dress).

Im always needing thread for sewing and this always stays on my list. I go through alot of black and white but love new colors too!!  The more the merrier and gently used is welcomed too !!

2 yard lengths of trims and any color is welcome !! 

Buttons!!  New or vintage

Sewing Needles sizes 11/14 Ball Point and Regular.  Name brand quality preferred such as singer or comparative.

Patterned Ribbons is also welcomed too (again another one of my standbys lol)!!

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003 2006-2008 Though I dont have the brand newer issues yet 137 or 138   !!!) and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05**)
(used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine (used is just fine) (these have patterns in them)

Purse supplies.  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too.

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one)

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.   Issues of beading magazines and jewelry making (new or used).   Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!  36 Bust is perfect. 
Im especially trying to find a Jumper from 1948(?) Simplicity 2705

Knitting and crochet magazines would be great (pre-loved older issues are fine as well!!) and any other info geared to beginning knitting!!   And some yarn!!  I would prefer not to recieve any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors). 

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books
**The Perfect Fit : The classic guide to altering patterns
**Fast Fit (I have checked this book out of the library so many times im shocked they dont check with me first before loaning it out to anyone lol) or More Power Sewing both by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**The Edwardian Modisto (has ewardian patterns in it)

I have a new kitten that we all absolutely adore!!  Anything for him would be great!!  Cat pillow, toys with cat nip, bags of good cat nip to make him some with, kitty treats

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for his birthday in Sept.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to recieve something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea   )

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!! 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008 08:15:27 AM by frosty772 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians .blogspot.com
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2008 01:10:44 PM »

I claim frosty772 for scrapbooking supplies.
This is my third claim this round, 1 sent, 1 rec'd.

About Me: I'm 28 and I'm in MI, USA, finally settled after 4 moves in less than 2 years! I'm currently living thrifty as a High School English teacher, trying to control my baby fever, and reading lots of books. I love chocolate, the ocean and the beach, books, live music, thrifting, vintage, shiny things, and soft things. Anyone who adds local ephemera, cool postage, or a local postcard to their package gets mucho love me! Tons more info in my blog - see Swap Info in my sig.

Wishes:
Crafted stuff:

- Linen, hemp, or other natural fiber cloth napkins. My kitchen colors are cream, chocolate, and teal.
- A necklace tree to help untangle my mess of stuff. I love all of the mini dress forms and stylized branches I've seen for hanging necklaces and would love one for my dresser! THANK YOU sophie!
- A cozy and super warm knit or fleece scarf to wear to U of M football games. It should be wide and long to wrap up my head, it gets really cold up here in November! The U of M colors are navy and gold so maybe stripes? http://www.ewolverine.com/COLLEGE_Michigan_Wolverines_Jerseys
- Altered art ornaments for my Christmas tree
- A pair of knucks or cabled arm warmers that reach halfway up the arm (maybe in a berry shade? or a neutral color?)
- A tam that is big enough to fit over all of my hair in a neutral color (I'm slowly adding some to my wist for ideas)
- Language inspired Artwork for my classroom. Look to your favorite books authors, plays, poems (or mine, they are listed on my blog) to inspire a piece of artwork that I could hang in class to brighten up my boring room!

If you would like to make me something wearable, please PM me for measurements and specifics Smiley
- I'm a skirt nut... see my wists for ideas
- a jumper! I love some of the jumpers I've seen around craftster... these are both fab, too!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24966147@N03/2377086294/in/pool-wardrobe_remix
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicarolland/411721501/
- BIG WISH! A small white half-apron for my Halloween costume. Hubby is wearing his lederhosen and I'm wearing my dyrndl, but my apron is MIA! Please PM me for measurements and ideas! THANK YOU kinkyknit!
- Any apron, as I'm starting a fun collection. I have a few to inspire you on my wist, just please make sure it is machine washable.

Craft for the babies:

- Sweet ruffly, and cute Baby girl clothing (any size 6-12 mos.) in prints like Amy Butler, Freshcut or any similar styles of fabric. They don't need to be designer fabrics, that is just an idea of styles I like.
- unisex baby quilt with fabric like the above mentioned styles
- I have lots of amis and softies on my wist, just please be sure they are washable and made strong enough to be baby safe!

Supplies:
- ink pads any pigment ink,  archival and acid free
- any issues of Crap Hound! http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/24/crap-hound-seminal-c.html
- I love rubber stamps, especially travel, victorian, zetti, nature themes or fun unusual stuff. Also any stamps for backgrounds, feathers, clocks, buildings, flourishes, swirls, trees, florals, checks, patterns...
- Anything from or in the style of altered art supplies sold on http://www.artchixstudio.com/,  or http://www.skybluepink.com/ etc.
- embossing inks and powders

Extras:
- I'd love anything inspired by anything I've wisted! Or feel free to check my blog for ideas!
- I love tights and knee socks (jewel tones or neutrals are great, textured, ribbed, argyle, striped whatever as long as they are not flourescent!), I collect recipe cards, ephemera, postcards, postage stamps, vintage scarves, old books, aprons.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008 01:21:44 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
chibilightangel
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2008 05:10:30 PM »

I claim shiitake for a handmade book and some kool-aid for dying.

Hi. Im Jennifer and I live in beautiful Quebec, Canada. Im 23 and Ive recently graduated university and am now working as a civil engineer in a local firm with some really amazing people.

My main crafts include counted thread embroidery, spinning, beading/jewelry making and knitting. I love to try out different crafts just because I can to see if I might enjoy them.

I dont have any specific allergies, but the smell of smoke really bothers me. I love blues and greens, and also love deep reds and jewel tones. Creams and browns are also lovely.

I collect stamps so if you could ask that the post people put on one of the current fancy stamps (sometimes called collector stamps) on anything you send my way, that would be greatly appreciated.

Crafted items:

Cloth pads: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143557.msg1412524#msg1412524 I want to more environmentally friendly so both period pads and non-period liners are appreciated
Wire-wrapped pendant
Tree pendant I have a few in my wists
Some fun batts for spinning. Id like to try wools other than merino and other animal, synthetic or plant fibres. For colorways, blues and greens are my favorites, but I really love reds and purples too. Jewel tones are great.  (Thanks the noodle princess! Loved the beautiful ones you sent)
Anything Mario themed (old school is best)
Anything Final Fantasy. My favorites are VI, VII and X
Something with a dragon on it (not a Chinese dragon though)
Green Man art. Im thinking it would be for my office at work\
Hand-knit socks! Ive started knitting my own but its that much more special when someone else has knit them for you
Amiguri goldfish. Im looking for something that isnt cartoony
Anything from or inspired from my wists (http://wists.com/chibilightangel)

Supplies:
Roll of freezer paper because I cant find any around here
Cute Japanese print fabric
Tools for lampworking
Fine tip sharpies

Extras:
Fruity black or green tea blends (loose or bags is fine as I drink both)
Interesting stamps from around the world. Obliterated and just clipped from envelopes is fine with me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008 05:24:42 PM by chibilightangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008 06:42:24 PM »

This round of the OWS is now closed.

It was wonderful, thanks for joining us.

sunspotted will open the new round as soon as she can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
sunspotted
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2008 07:37:28 PM »

Sorry, having some computer issues, but OWS 40 is finally up and running.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276361.0

Hope to see you all there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beef, Snap Pea and Asparagus Stir Fry
Broiled Miso Salmon With Shitake Mushrooms and Corn
Asian Steak and Noodle Salad
Ginger Chicken in Parchment
How To Make Chicken Pho
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...