A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COWS 3 discussion  (Read 3713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008 07:40:21 PM »

Well, since everyone is listing...

I dabble in almost everything.  If there is something I want to try I claim someone for it so I can go out and buy all the stuff.  But I think I've bought ALL the stuff there is to buy!

I crochet

I mosaic

I sew monster dolls

I quill

I dabble in resin

polyclay

I can also cross stitch and embroider.  I don't have any pics though. 
I will glue a magnet to anything.

Basically I have crafting ADD.  I become obsessed with one medium for a while then move on to another.  I just 'won' 12 lbs. of buttons off ebay so I bet I'm going to be doing things with buttons soon.  Yes, you read right, 12 POUNDS!  They were only 20 bucks and I have seen some cool mosaics with buttons.  My hubby thought I was a little wacked when that one came through paypal.

I am making myself learn to sew...I'm still working up to a real pattern, but right now it is simple stuff.

Anywho...Everything I've listed I've made for swaps, so that gives you an idea of what I do. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008 03:24:12 AM »

That's a lot of cute stuff, summertimerolls, and the cutest is the monsters. I think you have made me monster-crazy Smiley
I know what you mean by craft ADD Smiley I still have to learn about my own craft attention span Smiley but I have become a lot more patient on not being so patient Smiley. And I can't say how much crafting improves my everyday attention span Smiley
Don't be so harsh with yourself on the craft attention span. Only two generations apart from us, little girls have been taught to do hours of tedious crafts, not only for the need of making the things, but also for keeping them from wanting to step out of the craft parallel universe and do something scary in the real world, like open their mouth. Maybe we are still a bit in their shadow when it comes to stopping on too big projects.
You don't have to justify on how fast you move on, especially not with us. Craftster is about inspiration. I think you are lucky to be inspired often.
OK, I need to stop giving lectures, I think. Smiley
Just think how much we'd grumble if you had said "I don't know what your problem is, I can do everything as big and as long as ever has been done" Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008 06:15:14 AM »

summertimerolls, I am jealous of your buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008 08:38:10 AM »

I should take a picture and show you what 12lbs. of buttons looks like...in fact I might just do that in a minute...but for now the gallery is up:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274545.0

Can't wait to see the goodies this round.

Oh, and something else.  Since these last rounds have gone so slow I was thinking about stopping for Nov. and Dec.  We're going to be so busy with the holidays.  What do you guys think?  Or is there someone else who wants to organize?  This is really easy since it is moving so slow.  Let me know.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008 10:01:22 AM »

It's sad that this swap is so slow.  This is a great way to get homemade Christmas gifts and not have to hide all the things you are working on.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CJKJ
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008 01:44:12 PM »

I'd love to keep the swap going, even though it can be slow at times.  i think it's great for when I need something different to work on.  That being said, I don't think I'd be able to organize it because I know things get hectic here too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlosun_9
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008 04:29:54 PM »

I love love love this swap  Smiley

I wish I could commit to organizing but my father in law is really sick;  have been using the wireless at the hospital and working from there and that has been going pretty well and I am always home from at least 7-9 every night but am unsure if just being available for a couple hours a night is enough to organize an ows (even a slow moving one). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008 04:41:22 PM »

I adore this swap, even though I haven't claimed anyone yet. I always seem to miss the ones that I'm good at or would have time for. I'm crafting around making costumes and birthday presents and beginning christmas presents, so I don't want to commit to something that I'm not especially adept at. Though I have a few ideas for some of you.

I would be able to organize if you want me to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008 08:41:41 AM »

I love this swap and I really want to join, but I have to finish my Christmas crafting for my DD first.  Hopefully I'll be able to join once the holidays are over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008 07:10:20 AM »

Yea, I am loving this swap too, also using it to collect things to give my kiddo for Christmas, so I would hate for it to stop so close to Christmas now. 

Oh!  I also wanted to mention, I am going to be out of town from Tomorrow (Thursday) through Monday.  I am going to New Orleans, and I don't know if we are taking the laptop or what, so I may or may not have internet access.  I just wanted to let you guys know, so no one worried I just disappeared. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Triple Onion Tart
Turkey Day Leftovers
Perfect Burger Recipe with Bobby Flay
How to Make French Toast Christmas Trees
Pan Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...