A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet me's Fleuri bag  (Read 10562 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BleuKitten
Semi-crafty cat

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005 08:20:59 PM »

Gorgeous! I want to try this, whenever I can get some of my other stuff finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2005 07:28:50 AM »

my nieces would just flip if I made them these bags.... I wonder if I could get them made by easter to match their ponchos I made them??? I'll give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennye

Knowledge is good.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2005 05:28:38 PM »

I made mine in a weekend.  The pattern is easy to follow, and it works up pretty quickly.  I'd love to see pics of the ponchos and bags! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2005 12:06:50 AM »

crocheted things are becoming huge this spring, yes. It kills me to look through Elle and see a crocheted skirt going for $400 that even someone with limited crochet skills (aka me) could do with minimal effort and $20. Oh well.

Your friend is probably very greatful that you saved her about $80 on a purse she could have found in a similar pattern at a store. I do want a bag in that pattern in BRIGHT pink with black outer petals and a bright green back and handle... Wow I'm dreaming of some hard work on my part, lol. Gorgeous Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
dansk
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005 12:05:52 PM »

Great idea to add a wriststrap jennye! Here is my version. I knitted a tube for the wriststrap on double pointed needles. This was my first attempt at putting a zipper in anything and although it isn't perfect, it is functional and gives such a finished professional look to the bag. Thanks to the pattern designer for such a cute design! Crocheting the petals on was so fun and you can see I couldn't help but cram as many as I could onto the front!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennye

Knowledge is good.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2005 01:07:42 PM »

Dansk, that is gorgeous!  Did you use 2 different colors?  The side of the bag looks brighter than the petals.  I love how full the petals are on the front.   And I agree, putting in the zipper sucked, but it makes the bag look so much nicer. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dansk
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2005 01:43:52 PM »

The side of the bag looks lighter because that's the side with the zipper. It was the closest I could find to match my yarn. The picture makes it look pinker than it actually is. I'm glad you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennie111585
Hi Ya

I LUV DIY PROJECTS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2005 01:46:49 PM »

I dont like to crochete...... It takes to long. But I did make a blanket once...... I would post it on here but I dont have it anymore
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Jennie*
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2005 04:00:04 AM »

I have also been eyeing that crochet me bag... as well as a few other projects on that site.. I love the simplicity of the book thong. So easy.
I did play around with the neck vine and made a few of them in different weight yarns.  I am allergic to lanolin in wool (talk about an itchy  rash!) so I couldn't use the yarn suggested by the designer on that one.  I did try some red heart ss and it came out nice - at least the vine part.  I didn't get to the berries or the pom poms.  I am not a big pom pom person so I was going to crochet up some flowers to attach to the little stem parts you are suppose to attach the pom poms to then leaves where the berries go.  I will work on that in the next few days and hopefully get some pics up.

Anyway.. the fleuri bag.. love the idea of the zipper.   I  think I see a trip to walmart for some zippers.  Figurs too since I saw that huge bag of zippers at the second hand store for like $2 and thought to myself what in the hell would I do with all those friggin zippers???!!  Well... now I know what I could have done with them... purses.  Well.  Live and learn and don't let a good opportunity slide by again!

I am thinking of making mine in a purple and red mix of some sort - no not those red hat lady style.  I have it in my head.  Maybe a fuschia and rich purple?  Well.  I will play with it in my head and see what I can get done.  I like the wrist strap.. so much more economical than rings...

Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
jennye

Knowledge is good.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2005 09:04:20 AM »

craftydeb - a fuschia flower and dark purple background, like an eggplant color, sounds beautiful.  I like the wrist strap better than handles, because my bag came out so small that handles would have overwhelmed it.  Plus, I can't get the hang of crocheting around the rings.  One question, though - what are "red hat ladies" and what is "red hat lady style"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Unexpected Ways to Wear Plaid
The Perfect Presents to Please Any Stylish Mom
The Right Fit: There Is A Bra For Every Body
How to Rock the Trench Coat Trend for Fall 2012
Who Wore It Best: Pink Or Kim Kardashian?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...