A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help finding a particular cooking magazine  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookwormbethie
« on: September 05, 2008 12:35:39 PM »

Hello, a looooong time ago I bought a couple of issues of "country cooking" magazine.  It was a fab magazine, I'm pretty sure it was not published by the Taste of Home/Reiman Publication peeps.  What I do remember, is if you turned to the last 2 pages of the magazine, they had a picture of each dish and the page it appeared on.  I have been searching for this magazine in my area and have had no luck.  Unfortunately I don't have the original magazines (who knows where they went, which is odd because I rarely misplace anything) but I do have a few recipe clippings-- yay! since the recipes are great.

Has anyone seen "country cooking" magazine in their area?  Or does anyone have a website for the magazine or publisher?  I have done some googling and have been unsuccessful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrunchyParent
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008 09:08:39 AM »

I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Cooks Country" published by the people who do "Cook's Illustrated" (and America's Test Kitchen).

http://www.cookscountry.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting on my Crunchy Blog http://crunchyparent.com
bookwormbethie
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008 03:51:17 PM »

sorry nope, it's not cook's country by cook's illustrated.  thanks for the suggestion though.  the magazine is called 'country cooking' and i can't find it anywhere anymore
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessicaH
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008 10:54:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure Better Homes and Gardens used to put out issues called "Country Cooking" and also had yearly hardcover compilations. I've seen alot of the hardcover books at places like half price books and also at other antique stores/second hand book stores.

i just found one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Country-Cooking-1984_W0QQitemZ250124651752QQihZ015QQcategoryZ378QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?refid=store

hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hp_nerd
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008 09:04:44 PM »

i'm not certain, but i'm pretty sure they are around here-- I know what you're talking about, i'll look when i'm out and bring back the verdict.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for anything is salt water.  Sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

Personal Swap?

My Wist.
bookwormbethie
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008 12:36:40 PM »

JessicaH, thanks for the ebay posting, but I think this particular one is not it.  Its only 96 pages long so I don't think this is the yearly complilation, although I definitely appreciate your research efforts! 

Hp_nerd, I would love to know if you found them!  It is called 'country cooking' and perhaps, perhaps like JessicaH mentioned it is put out by BHG.  I bought a few issues back in 2005, clipped the recipes I wanted and recycled the magazines Sad  So sad that I didn't save the publisher info or subscription cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Makeup a Cat Nose
How to Do Cat Eyelashes Makeup
How to Do Cat Eyes in Makeup
How to Do a Cat Makeup Face
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...