A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First stabs.. beads and hemp (earrings!)  (Read 649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ktgotskills
« on: September 28, 2008 05:04:47 PM »

I have FINALLY bought earring materials and started creating my own earrings!

I just got my ears pierced (also finally... I'm 19..) a week ago and cannot wait til I can start wearing cute earrings! I don't know how I made it this long without earrings when there are so many cute things I can hang from my ears!

I still can't change my earrings for 3 more weeks, when that time comes, I won't even know what I'll put in first!

Most of them are just beads and wire, the peace signs are hemp cord covered with elmer's glue to keep their shape. I was so proud of myself for coming up with that!

Now off to save up my money to buy more beads and trinkets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://doveknit.blogspot.com
Started a knitting blog.
RemusRox
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008 05:37:42 PM »

So cute! I'm older than you are and I still don't have my ears pierced. The peace sign ones are awesome. I might have to make some for myself if I ever get my ears pierced. They remind me of some of the new Dean Harris jewelry at target.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellynnie

Class of 2010! =D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008 05:48:18 PM »

I love the peace signs! They're awesome.

Did it hurt getting your ears pierced? I'm pretty good at managing pain.. but I'm still afraid to. I had my ears pierced the first time when I was only a few months old. Luckily, they never closed up on me, even after going years without wearing any earrings. I want to get them pierced up higher but I'm still scared to  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ktgotskills
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008 06:16:46 PM »

I love the peace signs! They're awesome.

Did it hurt getting your ears pierced? I'm pretty good at managing pain.. but I'm still afraid to. I had my ears pierced the first time when I was only a few months old. Luckily, they never closed up on me, even after going years without wearing any earrings. I want to get them pierced up higher but I'm still scared to  Tongue

It hurt more than people told me it would (everyone said it hurt less than a shot... they lied), but I'm such a wimp and also needles are my fear. It wasn't bad, since it was quick, though. I feel more apt to pierce something else since I got these done. I have heard that piercing anywhere else hurts worse, if you're meaning to do your cartilage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://doveknit.blogspot.com
Started a knitting blog.
HunterJumper33
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008 06:22:39 PM »

so glad to hear that im not the only one to wait till they were 19 to get their ears done (im almost 20). love what you have done, its well worth the wait

pain of getting your ears done is so not bad at all.  it was just like a hard pinch.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
zlimone
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008 06:29:55 PM »

I got my ears pierced shortly after my twentieth birthday, so I know what your talking about, I'm just getting to the point where I'm actually forgetting to put them in again once I take them out. They were a MAJOR concern for the first few months. Personally found it to be little pain at all. Less than getting a shot, or donating blood. But I'm very accident-prone so I've gained a higher pain tolerance.  Roll Eyes

Love the peace signs. May have to attempt some myself.!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julea
I think not, thanks.

I less than three you. <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008 10:12:40 AM »

Pretties! I waited until I was 16 to get mine done, and I was the second-last of anyone I knew. I went through a big earring-buying phase, though - I'm only just starting to get into making them. Can't wait to get more holes - I have really big earlobes, so I want 3 in each. Grin

Where did you get yours done? I have zero pain tolerance and it hardly hurt at all! Getting a shot is way worse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buffalospinner
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008 11:15:48 AM »

The peace sign earrings are fabulous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make the Base for a Vidalia Sweet Onion and Crab Souffle
Learn how to Make a Vidalia Sweet Onion and Crab Souffle
Making White Cheddar Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Cheese and Roast Beef Sandwich Recipe
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe - American
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...