A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 303,094
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Oh dear...Halloween Costume help needed  (Read 2762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 28, 2008 11:54:24 AM »

So I'm in a dilemma. Since the very first time I saw Sweeney Todd I stood up and yelled "DIBS! I'm THAT for Halloween!!" Well everything was all fine and dandy for a few months, I gradually collected ideas and even found the perfect Sweeney pants.
Suddenly it seems like EVERYONE is gonna be Sweeney!!
So I'm faced with the terribly difficult decision..... abandon Sweeney, or be faced with having the "unoriginal costume" .
Please give me some opinions.
And if you also plan to be Sweeney, let me know! (And sorry if it feels like I jacked your idea.)

we are but mortals

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008 01:56:16 PM »

I think it was a give in that there would be a lot of Sweeney Todds out there this year, but I think if you are making your costume or putting it together your self instead of buying a pre-fab costume than no matter what yours is an original. Hope that helps  Grin
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008 07:23:16 PM »

well, that's what my hubby and i are going as , (Mr. Todd and Mrs. Lovett respectively, offcourse) and i don't give a flying fig if everyone is as well. we love that movie! however, there are subtle variations of Mr. Todd to choose from, young innocent Mr. Todd...dead Mr. Todd, with a nasty cut across his throat, etc..

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008 02:10:16 PM »

My husband's going as The Joker - at least there's going to be more of them so you'll look original compared to that, right?  I'm all for originality (we were going to be a carnival sideshow - he The Bearded Lady), but it'd also be way less poignant if you were Sweeney Todd next year, you know?  So just make yours be the best Sweeney Todd costume and everyone else will pale in comparison!

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008 05:24:06 PM »

My husband and I are going to be Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett.  A few weeks ago, I came to the realization that you did.  I decided to stick with the Todd/Lovett idea because I'd have fun making these costumes and while they might be popular costumes overall, the chances of my husband and I bumping into anyone with similar costumes are pretty slim.
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008 05:45:21 PM »

i think Halloween is a chance to be whoever you want, and thats who YOU want to be, screw how many others want it too...sometimes its ok to be *in*

this yr I am going as Glinda the Goodwitch (my sister and her family are going as Dorothy, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion, and my puppy is going to be an evil monkey) even though last yr i went as something from the Wizard of Oz (the cowardly lion)...I think it will be fun, and we will be cute all in a group

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008 08:53:21 AM »

If you wanted to do a slightly different twist on Sweeney Todd you could do the costumes from the bathing suit scene.

we are but mortals

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008 01:21:25 PM »

Kudos to the bathing suit scene idea! I think those would be fricking fantastic costumes and probably easier to make than any of mrs. lovett's dresses or a sweeny suit.
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008 01:38:26 PM »

Honestly, stick with your original idea! Be Sweeney Todd! Don't freak out if you think everyone is going to be the same thing this Halloween - at one single party - how likely are you going to run into another Sweeny Todd? You know your costume will be 10 times better because you are going to put a ton of thought into it! I think come the 31st, you will be happy if you did.

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008 06:14:14 PM »

Well thank you thank you EVERYONE!
I decided to well SCREW IT
I'm gonna be the best Sweeney there is!
Well in my town........
And I'm so excited I cant wait to post my costume :]
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Do Three Easy Hair Styles With Oscar Blandi Styling Pin
Behind the Scenes With Indique Hair Boutique
The Top Hair Trends From NYFW Fall 2013: Braids and Ponytails
How to Do a Charlize Theron Rolled Updo Hairstyle
How to Get Red Carpet Waves Like Naomi Watts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...