A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 19 Discussion Thread  (Read 44249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #400 on: October 11, 2008 07:01:55 PM »

Hi Lapoli!!  Well I dunno if that would work.  Lana has sweaty little hands and I don't think the wool would do well with that.  Smiley

Here's a pic of Lana in her outfit.  She danced her little heart out.  Smiley

Goodnight everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #401 on: October 11, 2008 11:17:43 PM »

Hi Zelda

I would prefer a more solid bag but I am happy to line it myself. I carry a fair bit around, so it would need to be at least 9 x 12". And yes I would like cotton.

VR

That would be so awesome Zelda.

If possible I would like pink - any shade except pale pink. Variegated is ok too.

There's a couple of designs on my wists that I like - but basically I like everything except stripes.

There were a few different kinds on your wists... would you prefer a more meshlike bag/market bag (more open stitches) or a more solid bag and if a solid bag would you want it lined (I have never done that before, but I can try!) ??
And you wanted it in cotton right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #402 on: October 11, 2008 11:30:03 PM »

Looks like Lana had a lot of fun! Smiley

Would there be any interest in a partial poppet kit? It wouldn't include stuffing or instructions (which are not mine to give, but which you can get on craftster in the poppet-a-long thread), but would have some fabric, notions, doll needles, and the like.

I am also going to whinge that I messed up the fourth incarnation of a particular swap item. I may need to come up with a plan B, as this one is driving me crazy. It isn't fixable (equivalent to having a piece of pottery break in the kiln, but for a totally different craft) and the munge point comes about 90% of the way into the project. I've used this method before without huge problems, I don't know why this one is so much trouble.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
reese52
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2008 05:02:42 AM »

Lana looks so cute!  We have an asian festival every year and she looks like the polynesian dancers.  She looks like she had a great time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2008 07:24:46 AM »

Awww! Lana is adorable. It's so much fun watching her grow up in these threads. Her jewelry and outfit are awesome. Smiley

Ptarmic--sorry about your project! I've been doing that with some bleach-stenciling projects lately...May today be a better crafting day for you.

I went to a rummage sale yesterday and found an antique saucer that I almost didn't buy, but at the last minute I changed my mind. It make me think if my mother. What I'd like to do is put a pile of pastel guest soaps on it, and wrap it up in a bow for mom. I'm thinking lavenders and blues, but anything that would be pretty on old china will work. Anyone still making small soaps? Point me to your shop! Smiley

While at the sale, I saw a crazy knicknack that I nearly bought because it was so incongruous. It was a beautifully glazed, frilly-looking, iridecescent blue toilet
with a sweet-smelling blue candle-wax and wick in the bowl part. Above the open commode, there was a sun (in the "celestial" style), beaming down benevolently into the bowl. Directly above the sun was the word "dream" handpainted in a feminine script. It was a dollar. I should have bought it. It would have been worth owning just to put up a photo in my blog. Alas, too late. I did not have time to go back to the sale, and it was pretty silly, but I'm kinda wishing I owned the Dream Toilet, just 'cause... Grin
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008 07:26:39 AM by LaughingLark - Reason: pre-coffee typing! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

live aloha

« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2008 07:38:16 AM »

Thanks guys!!  The halau teachers sewed her costume and strung the kukui.   She doesn't like the top too tight and she had a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction on stage.  Grin Smiley

Ack, Ptarmic that sounds so frustrating.  I've had things like that happen to me and then I get to overthinking and I mess up again.  For me getting away from it for a bit helps...guess that's hard to do if you have a deadline.

Thanks Reese.  We are so lucky that Lana has this great opportunity to be part of this halau.  Being away from home this is her only connection to the people of Hawaii.  We take her to all the Japanese, Chinese, and American Indian events.  She's what we call back home chop suey!!

LL, what a lovely gesture.  I'm sure your mom will love it.  The toilet sounds funky!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2008 12:31:01 PM »

Atsuko - Lana is adorable!!!
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2008 02:25:05 PM »

I just added some more zipper pouches to my shop (mostly coin sized ones - Ooops, I just realized I didn't post an "action" shot of one with coins as a size reference, I will post one later with them), I also added a wishlist to my shop at the bottom, for anyone who needs ideas (it's mostly supplies though, since I am not allowed to buy supplies until I either get a job or until the new year).

I will be adding some recon'd pants to skirts later but right now I have to go play outside with my very impatient son.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purpleone
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2008 02:52:06 PM »

All your pouches are so cute Zelda! Especially the candy ones Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2008 05:49:51 PM »

Thanks!
Yea, that candy fabric is my favorite... I need to see if I can get some more of it!

I got the recon'd skirts up in my shop too now, if anyone is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Jeff Koons on How Art Enlightens Him
The Future of Aesthetics with Dale Chihuly
Nudity & Anatomy: 18th-Century Statue Causes a Scandal
Hyper-Real Sculptures and More Arts Stories
Student Snaps 19th Century Statue While Snapping a Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
Wonderful Washi
Meatless Monday: Aubergine, Tomato and Goat Cheese Bake
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...