A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 19 Discussion Thread  (Read 35672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2008 11:58:29 AM »

The spiders are awesome LL!  I'm adding them to my list of things to buy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring 2015

Best of Craftster 2014
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2008 01:30:10 PM »

Is having 3 points hoarding? Im never sure how low i should spend down, but its so hard staring at all the great things in shops knowing i have a few points!
Im half way through uploading lots of images for my shop but as hubby is back it will have to be finished tomorrow. He has a new job which is great, but the hours suck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2008 02:29:34 PM »

I've spent down to 3 pts ... off to look at who had the crazy colored polymer buttons.  I'm thinking those would look real cute on the hats & scarves I knitted from the yarn I spun using penquino's funky batts

Found them!  MoonFairy - can the non-buttons be made into buttons withough breaking them??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2008 02:58:00 PM »

I've got some loom knit hats and crocheted scarves to list later, I have the pictures ready to go, I just need to get the measurements of them (and try to figure out what the yarn colors are, the yarn was from a personal swap and it's lionbrand homepsun, but it didn't have sleeves on it so I don't know what the colorways are).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2008 03:13:00 PM »

I just sent so I have some points to spend now.

Anyone interested in stenciled tank tops? I just passed a store that was selling many multi-colored tanks (thin straps) for a good price. If anyone's interested, I can go see what colors and sizes are available. They like to change their stock often so the earlier the interest/claims the better so I can buy some.

On another hand..
I'm so mad at USPS at the moment. I just went to mail two packages in the same sized envelopes. One of them is thick (~3/4" - 1") and the other is flat. They wouldn't let me mail the flat one via first class because the lady said it was less than 3/4" thick.. According to usps.com, First Class large envelopes have these rules:

Size limits:
- Rectangular
- No more than 12 inches high by 15 inches long by 3/4 inches thick
- Must not be rigid and must be uniformly thick (see package prices)Learn about non ridgid and uniformally thick envelopes in a new window

Doesn't this mean it needs to be less than 3/4" thick?? It fits all the other rules. She said I can't mail it first class and the only other option was priority.. this thing is super light.. it would be ridiculous to pay for priority!

I'm going to bring it back tomorrow in the same condition and see what happens.. along with packing tape if I need to repack it.

Okay.. done with my rant. Sorry.. they just frustrate me sometimes. Every time I go there is a line and people get so angry. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2008 03:48:10 PM »

First-class mail has different categories. If you want to have the DCN on it, it needs to be considered a "package", not an "envelope" - delivery confirmation is not available on first class envelopes, but it is on packages.  Just stick some packing peanuts or something else fat and light into the envelope to make it more than 3/4" thick, and you will be able to send it as a first class package with the DCN.  First class is only up to 13oz - above that, it needs to go parcel post or priority.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2008 03:49:36 PM »

I just listed the hats and scarves in my shop.  
I also have some other colors of the homespun, ("cobalt" blue, "cotton candy" pink, a keylime-ish green and a purply/red/pink color), I think that's all of them, if anyone wants a hat or scarf in one of those colors.

I have some extra free time tonight since my new live in chef is cooking dinner and the husband is off at some city council meeting in a city we don't live in.  (My live in chef is my baby brother, 21, who moved in with us almost 2 weeks ago, he has no job so he's living with us for free, but luckily he likes to cook.)  So I am off to relax, mmmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DropDeadSuzie

I've got blood in my mouth from biting my tongue.

« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2008 04:21:20 PM »

agh!! LL, all your new spiders are amazing! I love all of the neat color combos you came up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avian Flight
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2008 04:44:30 PM »

First-class mail has different categories. If you want to have the DCN on it, it needs to be considered a "package", not an "envelope" - delivery confirmation is not available on first class envelopes, but it is on packages.  Just stick some packing peanuts or something else fat and light into the envelope to make it more than 3/4" thick, and you will be able to send it as a first class package with the DCN.  First class is only up to 13oz - above that, it needs to go parcel post or priority.

Ahh I see, that makes a ton more sense. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2008 06:07:42 PM »

Hi!  Just posted my scrabble tile pendants.  Smiley  Come take a peek!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Quick Updo Tutorial
Beauty on the Street: Hair Part
Bohemian Hair
Inside Beauty: Timo Weiland Hair Test
How to Trim Your Hair at Home
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...