A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two little monkeys... :)  (Read 1015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RENTHead_351
« on: September 27, 2008 02:48:27 PM »

After seeing xperimentl's post showing her fuzzy sock monkeys, I decided I had to make a few sock monkeys of my own Smiley

My two monkeys!

My first monkey. It's arms were uneven, so I sewed them together so you souldn't see as much. Shh... Tongue So it just sort of looks like it's clasping it's hands together, or praying, if you'd like. Haha. The black bits arn't part of it, they're just bits from my other monkey that didn't get brushed off after my cousin was playing with my sewing things Smiley

My halloween sock monkey. It does have a nose and mouth, just not very visible. I'm not very good at faces. Hm.

'Friends!'

They were my first attempt at sock monkeys, hehe.... . I'd love comments or whatever! Oh, apparently the pictures will stay rotated now...? On my computer at least.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008 06:12:01 PM by RENTHead_351 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008 03:35:35 PM »

They are cute. I just finished one yesterday using the same looking sock but pink & gray, it is SO soft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
RENTHead_351
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008 04:21:26 PM »

Aww, I know! I love these type of socks. They're all warm and fuzzy. I almost wish they made socks REALLY huge so I could make one big enough to sit on my neck and go around like a neck pillow, if that makes sense...? Haha. I could always make one with fabric, but since I will be only handsewing until christmas... That'll have to wait. Don't have the patience for something that huge hand sewn haha
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008 04:22:16 PM by RENTHead_351 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xperimentl
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008 06:56:09 PM »

These turned out really cute, way better than my first sock monkeys were.  I like the colors, too, especially the halloween stripes!  If only I could figure out how to get them to stop shedding on each other.  Wink   I'm not so good at naming inanimate objects so you're on your own there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008 02:44:35 PM »

I love sock monkies! Grin  Yours look super soft and cuddly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
KRSTN
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008 08:08:28 PM »

" two little monkeys sitting in a tree. one is blind and the other cant see. all day long they throw the coconuts down. i no because one hit me on the crown. ouch ouch silly little monkeys!!! be good to me. ouch ouch silly little monkeyss!!! be nice to meeee!!!!!" (song that i dont kno the name of or who sings it. i just no that its a song)

your monkeys are cute Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RENTHead_351
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008 06:13:58 PM »

Thanks all!
They are a bit sheddable... Hm. I'll have to try another type of sock.
And I've never heard that song before, hehe. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008 06:14:50 PM by RENTHead_351 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear an "M Slit" Skirt
How to Sport a "Shorts Suit"
Shorts to Make You Look Slimmer
Choosing the Right Shorts For Your Age
How to Wear Jean Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...