A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Socially distorted plaids and flowers.(Pic pudgy)  (Read 1297 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

try.fail.repeat
Driven by insomnia and DIY.

It is possible to jazzersize to Slayer.

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2008 10:39:24 PM »

Work has been keeping me away from my sewing room lately, but I have managed to squeeze a few days (and insomnia induced nights) in here and there when I can crank out some new recons.

Here is a Social Distortion T that I just bought tonight at HT. It's a youth LG which usually fits length-wise but rarely width-wise. I cut the neck so that it was a boat-neck but did it a little too much so now it's a bit off the shoulder. I also cut the back apart and serged it back together at the very top and bottom with a little casing covering where the seams are. I also took it in on the sides just a touch for a more fitted look in the front:

This hoodie is inspired from UO's urban renewal flannel shirt/hoodie that they want $70 for. I decided I would make my own by using an old hoodie that I had laying around and a boys X-lg flannel shirt that I bought at goodwill for $2. I cut the flannel shirt so that it was all one length on the bottom and then folded it and sewed it just above the ribbing on the bottom of the hoodie. I also removed the zipper on the hoodie and folded the raw edges over and sewed them to the flannel shirt so it now buttons instead of zips. I'm still debating on cutting the cuffs off of the sleeves of the shirt and folding them and sewing them so that the ribbed hoodie cuff shows.... Which do you think would be better?

This shirt was originally a nightie that I bought for $2 that went below my knees. I simply cut the length and re-hemmed it. It cam be worn with a belt for a more fitted look or without or if I decide to have kids in 5 years I can wear it as a maternity top:

Comments and criticisms welcomed! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. US Army Pfc. Jason Cox 06.16.08
OhHappyDay
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008 06:25:54 AM »

Cute! I especially like the hoodie. Nice job and good for you for saving yourself $60+ bucks!

I am baffled though....is Social D still around?  I am amusing myself thinking about Mike still carrying on Wink.

(from a rapidly ageing Orange County native that is obviously out of the loop since moving to the socially temperate midwest!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008 07:38:30 AM »

Those are great!  I love the SD shirt and that the hoodie buttons instead of zipping.

Yeah SD and Mike Ness are still around, I saw MN solo last yr and he was great
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jon Kolko on Career Advice For Young Designers
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...