A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,200
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Ashland!  (Read 5192 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eatcore
« on: February 27, 2005 07:56:30 AM »

Hey, I'm moving to Ashland in a few days from Wisconsin.  Is anyone from Ashland?  I want to join (or start) a knitting group when I get there, any suggestions?  Our group in Madison is so much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org/virginia/mb.html
www.takepills.org

It's not like it's the end of the world. ...Which is too bad, because that  I'm really good at.
blessed4431
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005 10:18:23 AM »

Do you mean ashland virginia?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eatcore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005 01:03:10 PM »

Ashland Oregon.  I'm all moved here now, got an apartment and everything.  I'd love to meet some crafty people to hang out with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

It's not like it's the end of the world. ...Which is too bad, because that  I'm really good at.
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005 02:19:58 PM »

heyy! I'm not from ashland.. but I'm also not very far away-- I'm over in Medford.. Are you going to school down here?

//Megan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Eatcore
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005 03:09:49 PM »

No, not school.  just hanging out, because I like oregon alot.  I live right next to the college, tho.
what do you do in Medford?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005 03:46:42 PM »

I plan to take over the world!

no not really..  I'm finishing up school, working on working.. and just surviving I guess.. How's ashland treatin ya?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

Eatcore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005 12:20:48 PM »

That's a good plan.

Ashland it not treating me so good.  We are having trouble finding a place, but I'm sure it will work out.  Also, there isn't a knitting group here for me.  Well, I went to one, but I felt really out of place.  I was atleast 20 years younger than everyone there and I suspect several hundred thousand dollars poorer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005 01:03:01 PM »

Ashland is kind of a hard place to live.. The housing is really expensive =/ I was kind of shocked actually.. The town seems to attract a lot of the rich snobby yuppie types because of that.. Talent and Phoenix are still reasonably close and it's a lot more affordable...

I wish I could help out on the knitting group thing.. It might be worth going down to one of the local yarn/fabric/craft shops and asking about, they might know of something Smiley the ladies over at Joannes in Medford are really really helpful.. same with the ones that have the yarn shop over by Badass coffee in Medford..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eatcore
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005 02:37:21 PM »

yeah, I think i'm gonna check out the store next to badass tomorrow.  I went to it last time I was here, and it seems really nice. it sucks that the busses don't run on sundays or I'd go today! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005 07:16:40 PM »

I know =[ the busses are a huge pain in the ass..

I absolutely love the ladies at the shop next to badass. they are really sweet and totally open minded.. I went in there with a guy friend who had some way off the wall ideas for yarn/thread usage and they were really good about not just turning us away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Marilyn Monroe’s Winged Eyeliner
SELF Magazine’s 2014 Healthy Beauty Award Winners
How to Apply Blush
The Best Makeup at Sephora
Melt-Proof Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...