A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Ashland!  (Read 5162 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eatcore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005 03:52:46 PM »

I went in there yesterday and applied for a job.  I really hope I get it, I could use some work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org/virginia/mb.html
www.takepills.org

It's not like it's the end of the world. ...Which is too bad, because that  I'm really good at.
turtlebriana

always trying to do new things

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005 03:59:21 PM »

I don't live in Ashland, but used to! I absolutely loved Ashland. I hope you find a knitting group soon. A lot of them that exist are simply a bunch of people getting together informally, so it may just take some asking around.

You may want to look on campus in the arts building. You might find something there!

Good luck, and enjoy Ashland! Be sure to try the Natural Cafe. I love that place. And the freebox at the recycling center on Water Street. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005 07:59:56 PM »

oooh! Good luck Smiley You'll have to let us know if you get it..

and I second the Natural Cafe.. and The black sheep pub..  and Rennaisance Rose has wonderful clothes..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
turtlebriana

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005 08:53:21 AM »

Also..... When Halloween finally rolls around, be sure to stick around in town. They have a huge Halloween bash downtown in the plaza (by the park, in the middle of the shops, etc.) So many great costumes, and lots of fun!!!!

good luck on the job application!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eatcore
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005 01:34:38 PM »

where is the natural cafe?  i don't remember seeing it. and yeah, the free store rules!  I've already gotten a bunch of recycled yarn from there.

my boyfriend and I are trying to find an apartment right now.  anyone know anyone who needs roommates or a subletter? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

It's not like it's the end of the world. ...Which is too bad, because that  I'm really good at.
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005 01:38:18 PM »

Ahhhh, Ashland.  I used to live in Klamath Falls  and we loved to escape to Ashland.  Enjoy!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005 02:22:20 PM »

I don't remember exactly where it is, but the natural cafe is somewhere downtown (real helpful I know..) I think it's kinda near that funky dried up fountain..

I don't know anyone who's looking for a roommate/etc,  but try talking to commercial property management, and checking the paper..  http://www.dailytidings.com/  the ashland daily tidings are online..  I did see a place for rent on the way out to Emmigrant lake yesterday.. I don't remember what street it was on.. but it was maybe two blocks from the great american pizza co. big brown house =/

Are you looking for something specifically in Ashland? or are you open to somewhere in Medford? cuz there's some decent, new, and affordable apartments in east medford that have a TON of openings..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

Eatcore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005 04:58:35 PM »

we've been checking the daily tidings alot, but the listings don't change much from day to day.  i looked at a place today that seems hopeful...we're applying tomorrow.  there's another girl who has an empty room, too.  it's stressful, this apartment business!  I haven't been knitting at all.
medford is always a possibility.  we're also thinking about eugene and portland.  i have a friend in eugene, so we can always stay with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005 06:53:44 PM »

There's apartments on Forest Hills, which is just off crater lake highway, over at the end by costco, they're going for about $625-800 a month, and there's also duplexes open too for about $800-925, and they have a TON of places open.. everything is brand new, and they're really nice.. The properties are managed by commercial property management.. they're in the phonebook and worth giving a call
THIS ROCKS   Logged

turtlebriana

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005 11:23:56 AM »

The Natural Cafe is on the end of downtown closer to the gas station that is across the street from the fire station. I think where East Main and Siskiyou come to one street or cross or something.

Also, since it is Spring Break next week and the end of a term at SOU, I bet apartments will open up, or people will be looking for roommates. You'll find something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crispy Pork Belly with Sweet Corn Grits Recipe
How to Make Yummy Mummy
Super Bowl Chili Beans and Rice Recipe
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...