A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toddler panties YCMT pattern review updated more pics and matching cami  (Read 6530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008 04:00:05 PM »

They are cute and I love those hippos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008 10:03:58 PM »

OK.  So here's my stab at them.  I couldn't silk screen the WWE on the original pair I made 'cause he's wearing them (a little hard)!!  So, I made the next pair - an Autobot.  You can see what I mean about the bunching.  That's because I stretched the pants (and not just the bands) when I was making them.  Perhaps with the next one, I'll try zig zag as top stitching, not just straight stitching so that I can achieve the stretchability without the bunching.  Ultimately, the look doesn't matter as the undies don't bunch when they're on .....

The verdict?  My 6yo's eyes lit up and thinks they're 'cool'.  He also says that it feels like he's not wearing any undies!!  Mission....achieved.  I look forward to recycling old t-shirts for this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008 10:11:44 PM »

Oh those transformers are cool too.

I think I need to make DS some b/c he only likes to wear his Kung Fu panda ones and just turning 2, they are a bit HUGE on him to say the least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008 05:39:17 AM »

too cute Smiley
I want to make undies for my son  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
caffeinechipmunk
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008 12:30:16 PM »

those transformer ones are awesome! I love to colors and the silk screening, I need to learn to do that...

there is a bit of a learning curve with them but if you can get the knits cheap and they're still comfy on then nothing lost! I'm going to be making some for my 5yo, she's curvy so I'm going to see how these fit on her.

Anyone know of a good cami or tank top pattern I can make some tops for these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crystal

My husband and I co-parent 7 kids. And we like to make different shit. Some of it we sell.  www.etsy.com/shop/80thirteen
caffeinechipmunk
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008 11:44:07 AM »

Ok so I tried very hard to make a cami to match but it came out way too big and so I had to cut the middle of the front and back and do it again! UGH! I have the corrected measuremens now and I also used a similar approach to the straps that the undies pattern called for. I had to fold it in on itself which made it a little bulky but my 3yo dosen't seem to notice. I also couldn't find pink thread so it's all white and some of it shows.

for those of you that are looking at buying yardage for this, I was able to get the cami and 4 pairs out of a half yard of the green w/cows and the pink I used less than 1/2 yard because I needed some of it on the fold

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crystal

My husband and I co-parent 7 kids. And we like to make different shit. Some of it we sell.  www.etsy.com/shop/80thirteen
sewcrazymama
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008 11:52:35 AM »

I was just wondering what type of fabric are you all using?  I would like to make some for my dd to potty train her with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caffeinechipmunk
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008 11:55:12 AM »

I'm using just regular knits from Joann's. This week they're 40% off so it makes 1/2 yard around $2-3 and you shoudl be able to get 2-3 pairs out of that if you're not using a contrast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crystal

queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008 01:06:31 PM »

UUmom2many:  I really like your tank top!!  Fantastic.... Wink

I use jersey knit (ordinary t shirt fabric) for the main section but I used a cotton lycra for the waist and leg openings.  The reason for using cotton lycra for the openings is that lycra has more stretchability and is the alternative to elastic.  Cotton lycra is a two way stretch fabric.  Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mable Farms
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008 02:14:03 PM »

Well done!  Love the hippo print.  I made nightgowns for my dd out of it. My regular old sewing machine worked just fine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set Program Mode (P)
Canon XSi/450D: Set Mirror Lockup
Canon XSi/450D: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon XSi/450D: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set ISO Function
Latest Blog Articles
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee, the nectar of life!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...