A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Report Questionable Ads Here*  (Read 32628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2011 02:12:52 PM »

Hey guys,

You may or may not have noticed but the shop widget has been taken down.  There's still an ad in that space (as there has been since the redesign in 2007) but the widget got nixed for now.  There were a number of reasons, but your feedback was definitely included in the decision.

Also I wanted to let you know that I, personally, have seen a few icky roll-over ads today and I'm reporting them to our team as I see them. Expanding ads are gross! Report them here if you see them!

Smiley

jungrrl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2011 04:00:58 PM »

I noticed.   Grin  I had been waiting for the glitch to get worked out...sometimes it bled to the next...sometimes it didn't.  It wasn't bothering me much anymore... Then I see....it's gone.

I'm not against averts at all but I'm happy that it's not bleeding into the other posts.

Thank you ladies and all the powers that be that were trying to get that worked out.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2011 06:46:01 PM »

I second that wildbird!

Thanks for keeping us posted!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2011 08:59:54 PM »

Hey guys,

You may or may not have noticed but the shop widget has been taken down.  There's still an ad in that space (as there has been since the redesign in 2007) but the widget got nixed for now.  There were a number of reasons, but your feedback was definitely included in the decision.

Also I wanted to let you know that I, personally, have seen a few icky roll-over ads today and I'm reporting them to our team as I see them. Expanding ads are gross! Report them here if you see them!

Smiley

jungrrl

Thank you!  Love you guys!  Cheesy  *hugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2011 08:47:02 AM »

Hey guys,

Smiley

jungrrl

Thanks so much! It's much better now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oyhana
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2011 03:57:37 PM »

You may or may not have noticed but the shop widget has been taken down.

And here I thought I had just gotten used to it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
kimchery
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2011 07:22:01 AM »

I clicked on an ad for a polymer clay website that I had never seen before here on Friday.  It looked like a help site more than a sales site. (tutorials, videos, galleries, etc) Immediately upon clicking it, it said I didn't have Java 'X' (can't remember what, I didn't care, and wasn't about to get it just for one dinky website.... Considering I know I have the latest Java that anyone needs.) I tried to leave to go somewhere else, and my computer started serious dramatics.  Detected a million different intrusions, countless pages started to open.  I restarted my computer 3 different times and eventually ended up taking it to the shop by afternoon.  I just picked it up yesterday and everything had to be wiped.  He said it was bad, and very recent.  I haven't seen this ad since I've been back (and as I said, I have never seen it before at all, and I'm pretty active here...), but I will think twice about clicking any ad again. 

I do hope I don't have anyone jump on me for not 'being a supporter'.  It did happen here, I promise.  I know it would be helpful if I could remember even the name of the site, but basically as soon as I was in, it was all over for my computer.  All I can say I've visited  polymer clay express, and polymer clay central on other occasions, even before I ever found craftster, and I think they may advertise here too.  It was not either of their sites.  This was a site that had videos as soon as you entered the main page. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2011 07:39:16 AM »

That is scary, wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2011 08:01:39 AM »

I clicked on an ad for a polymer clay website that I had never seen before here on Friday.  It looked like a help site more than a sales site. (tutorials, videos, galleries, etc) Immediately upon clicking it, it said I didn't have Java 'X' (can't remember what, I didn't care, and wasn't about to get it just for one dinky website.... Considering I know I have the latest Java that anyone needs.) I tried to leave to go somewhere else, and my computer started serious dramatics.  Detected a million different intrusions, countless pages started to open.  I restarted my computer 3 different times and eventually ended up taking it to the shop by afternoon.  I just picked it up yesterday and everything had to be wiped.  He said it was bad, and very recent.  I haven't seen this ad since I've been back (and as I said, I have never seen it before at all, and I'm pretty active here...), but I will think twice about clicking any ad again. 

I do hope I don't have anyone jump on me for not 'being a supporter'.  It did happen here, I promise.  I know it would be helpful if I could remember even the name of the site, but basically as soon as I was in, it was all over for my computer.  All I can say I've visited  polymer clay express, and polymer clay central on other occasions, even before I ever found craftster, and I think they may advertise here too.  It was not either of their sites.  This was a site that had videos as soon as you entered the main page. 

Do you remember where the ad was on the page or what size it was?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2011 10:45:25 AM »

I don't think anyone would jump on you for not being a supporter.  Any website or link on the internet can be compromised by a virus.  We'd definitely like to figure out which website/ad/link it was, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Recycle Your Clothes
Hot Maxi Dresses for Spring
Coachella Style Guide With Alessandra Ambrosio
Music Festival Fashion Must Haves on a Budget
We Spy: Will You Wear the Socks With Sandals Trend?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...