A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Report Questionable Ads Here*  (Read 34168 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2011 06:58:27 PM »

Makes everyone look attractive? Cheesy

Batgirl - thats the beer goggles, love camera is something completely different Grin

Haha!  I snorted.  Oh my.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2011 06:59:36 PM »

Batgirl - thats the beer goggles, love camera is something completely different Grin

Haha!  I snorted.  Oh my.

As long as you were not eating or drinking and it came out your nose, all is good Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2011 07:01:16 PM »

Bahahahaha!!!  I hope we don't get ads for those! Cheesy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
kunoni
can't stay inside the lines..

fly away...

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 28, 2011 07:14:18 PM »

I was curious what the love camera was so I clicked on it. Apparently it's a disposal wedding camera.

What a let-down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~shine shine shine~
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2011 08:41:31 PM »

Awww man! I like our versions better. I see some crafting projects in our future. Possible a challenge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2011 01:03:45 AM »

THANK YOU for fixing the ads that were kinda outta their box - my threads are back to looking organized and neat again!  Thanks much, appreciate all you people in charge do for us.   Cheesy
Okay - I spoke too soon - my threads looked so good earlier today and now the ads are creeping down into the thread again - bad ads!!! bad ads!!! - back to your box!  Gotta laugh, pesky ads, sneaking around the screen, making me take note of them!  

Yeah, the random ads with dangly bits into the next post are really driving me nuts.  It's kind of throwing off the threads, since the last bit of text from each item is hanging down into the first bit of the block for the next post. 

I wish it was a sidebar ad or a the very top of the page.  It's pretty distracting in the middle of the flow of posts, especially when it shoves into the top of the next post. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011 01:15:58 AM by Listessa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2011 04:30:40 AM »

I personally am not bothered by the ads where they are, but in the interests of diplomacy, I thought I'd ask....  What if that ad block appeared after whatever the last post in the thread is?  Right below the "reply, notify, mark unread..." tabs, and before the "quick reply" box.  That would help the people who are unhappy about the "flow" of messages being disturbed, but would also keep the ad, and therefore the much needed revenue.

Just a thought.  If it's not helpful, please disregard dear mods.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2011 06:29:03 AM »

THANK YOU for fixing the ads that were kinda outta their box - my threads are back to looking organized and neat again!  Thanks much, appreciate all you people in charge do for us.   Cheesy
Okay - I spoke too soon - my threads looked so good earlier today and now the ads are creeping down into the thread again - bad ads!!! bad ads!!! - back to your box!  Gotta laugh, pesky ads, sneaking around the screen, making me take note of them! 

Yeah, the random ads with dangly bits into the next post are really driving me nuts.  It's kind of throwing off the threads, since the last bit of text from each item is hanging down into the first bit of the block for the next post. 

I wish it was a sidebar ad or a the very top of the page.  It's pretty distracting in the middle of the flow of posts, especially when it shoves into the top of the next post. 

Sorry, we're still working on the leaking bits.  If you are able to set your resolution to 800 or wider, it will resolve the issue for you in the mean time.

We've had an ad piece in that position for so many years now, I don't think we'll be removing it entirely, but we still open to the suggestions.

I don't think we have any positions open in the sidebar, though.  We definitely don't want to remove our small business ads, as those are awesome for our Craftsters with businesses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2011 07:35:52 AM »

Well, since I use a netbook, when I up the resolution past 600, it makes me have to scroll the desktop which is a PITA. 

I'll just live.  I'm not on the internet much during the summer anyway.  Smiley

jennieingram did have a cool suggestion about ad placement.  And it would be a perk like other people said if a paying option was an ability to turn them off.  I haven't really clicked much on them, but I'm not a huge fan of buying from stuff from ads since they usually don't want to ship to AK (or will only ship UPS or FedEx) and I don't find it out until getting all excited and am in the middle of placing an order before they say one way or another.  Sad 

Like I said, I haven't really checked these ads, but it's something I have run into in the past from other places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
camelama
« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2011 01:38:21 PM »

I suggested placing the ad after the last post many comments ago, so yeah, I'd vote for that!  Tongue   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kate Torgovnick Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount Book Trailer
One Great Truth Book Trailer
Alison Larkin Talks About The English American
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...