A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Report Questionable Ads Here*  (Read 48524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2011 12:19:55 AM »

The ads don't bother me except for the fact that I can't load past the first post in a thread most of the time for the past several days.  It seems to stop where the ad starts.  I have to reload threads a lot to get the entire page to show up. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2011 12:22:36 AM »

The ads don't bother me except for the fact that I can't load past the first post in a thread most of the time for the past several days.  It seems to stop where the ad starts.  I have to reload threads a lot to get the entire page to show up. *sigh*

That's excellent feedback, thank you for sharing! Hopefully that is on the tech team's list, if not the admins will see this in the morning and be able to add it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Antidigger
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2011 12:52:59 AM »

Just for some information: some friends of mine in the UK have ordered stuff from the USA in the past and would not do so again because of customs duty: it seems unpredictable, customs won't tell you beforehand what will or won't attract duty, and indeed some people have had duty payable and others not on the same item. This tax can be between 5% and 50% of the value of the package (including the postage!). So it is unlikely that the advertisers will get many orders from the UK. I can't imagine we are alone in this issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2011 05:50:12 AM »

I wasn't trying to be hurtful by attempting to hide ads in my browser. It's just that, I always have on every site. And, when my ad-blocking program apparently stops working for me, I get concerned. Without going into detail, I had to go out of my way, after you added that particular ad, to find new software. I use a touch pad-type mouse...I accidentally click on things Embarrassed...I get viruses Cry (not saying I get them here)...and, my IT manager/DH gets upset Angry. To avoid issues, I avoid ads. But, I do purchase FOC status to help support this website.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2011 06:08:08 AM »

Just for some information: some friends of mine in the UK have ordered stuff from the USA in the past and would not do so again because of customs duty: it seems unpredictable, customs won't tell you beforehand what will or won't attract duty, and indeed some people have had duty payable and others not on the same item. This tax can be between 5% and 50% of the value of the package (including the postage!). So it is unlikely that the advertisers will get many orders from the UK. I can't imagine we are alone in this issue.

Do you feel comfortable opening up a help desk ticket and let us know which ones-just so we can at least keep tabs. This is excellent information.

Thanks for the info! I know I was having trouble on my phone with them. I'm sure the tech people will fix this

I wasn't trying to be hurtful by attempting to hide ads in my browser. It's just that, I always have on every site. And, when my ad-blocking program apparently stops working for me, I get concerned. Without going into detail, I had to go out of my way, after you added that particular ad, to find new software. I use a touch pad-type mouse...I accidentally click on things Embarrassed...I get viruses Cry (not saying I get them here)...and, my IT manager/DH gets upset Angry. To avoid issues, I avoid ads. But, I do purchase FOC status to help support this website.
Thank you!

Way to be positive batgirl & kittykill!  Smiley
We are you little rays of sunshine on a dark day.  Cheesy Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2011 06:20:43 AM »

Oh, no!  I'm sorry about that.  Could you please let me know exactly which browser and version you are using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2011 06:21:34 AM »

Ahh, good to know!  Thank you for this info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2011 06:22:13 AM »

You're great!!  We really appreciate the support and no worries about ad blocking.  We do understand!  Hugs hugs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2011 06:28:10 AM »

Guys, please let's not bicker about the ads.  We're collecting all of the feedback and improving what we can.  I very much understand both sides of the fence (why some don't want to see an ad widget in that position and why some are upset reading some of the replies on this topic).  Let's all take a step back from the emotional aspect of the words shared here and get back to the technical improvements that jungrrl and myself can relay and improve for all of you.

We appreciate ALL of the support we're given -- the feedback such as this thread, the FOC subscribers, the Moderators for their hours of endless help and everyone participating in and growing our amazzzzzing community.  We know not every change will be accepted 100% with open arms.  We'll never please everyone 24/7.  That's just not realistic, unfortunately.  BUT we are happy to listen to every bit of feedback and compromise where we are able to both technically and from a business standpoint.  We're here for yas as much as possible, I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2011 07:17:19 AM »

Oh the part where it was running into the post after it is/was some kind of tech problem, it definitely isn't supposed to do that and it's been fixed or is being fixed

When I have the screen text-zoom size set to 100% or 125% the ad placement is ok, but when I have set to 150% it doesn't resize right compared to the rest of the screen, because it almost totally covers the next post. This might be more an issue with my laptop more than anything, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. (Windows 7, IE8 - I haven't tried it on another computer with a different setup)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 07:18:15 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...