A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Potion Bottles.  (Read 5069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2008 08:38:04 PM »

Craftster User Nyte Rayn inspired me to make this, here is the post that Nyte Rayn posted. Thank you Nyte Rayn.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=267807.0

Made from recycled bottles and jars, food colouring, sparkles, beads, old cloth, ribbon and twine, I put some water and some vinegar in the hopes that the water won't go all gross by halloween. 
I got the labels here.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC102668451033.aspx?pid=CT101467571033

Here is a picture of the sparkles and beads although it doesn't show too well, but you get the idea.
I used a green recycled hawaiian lai for something that looks like the tentacles of a swamp monster or something. 
I got the names for the potions off of the net, I would like to give credit to the person who had them, but I cannot find their page now.  I just searched for potion names I think.

I put my printed page in a glass dish with some hot brewed dark tea and then let it soak until it looked brown.  I then dried it with a hair dryer, when it was dry I crumpled it up.  I used mod podge, you could just use white glue and a bit of water i'm sure it would work the same.  I also painted a coat of the mod podge over the containers for a cloudy look of glass.
For the Unicorn potion I added some white plastic ribbon shreaded thinly to look like hair added sparkles and jewled beads.
Comments welcome, thanks for looking. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008 05:30:18 AM »

I might have to borrow this idea.  My mom has "the scary house" on the block for halloween, and last year added a medieval mad scientist table (brain in a jar, candles, chaffing dishes, worms in test tubes, etc etc etc)... some of these might be a neat addition to the table...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
krazy kryssy
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008 08:15:32 AM »

I have seen these on here before and think they are cute. This year I am actually going to make them. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MainSarahJane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008 12:43:41 PM »

I might have to borrow this idea.  My mom has "the scary house" on the block for halloween, and last year added a medieval mad scientist table (brain in a jar, candles, chaffing dishes, worms in test tubes, etc etc etc)... some of these might be a neat addition to the table...

Go for it, it is a good way to recycle and they do add that touch to the mad scientist table.  I haven't never made them before.  Thanks for your comment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
MainSarahJane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008 12:44:48 PM »

I have seen these on here before and think they are cute. This year I am actually going to make them. Wink

Thank you for your comment.  They are quite easy to make. And affordable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Draw A Ghost
How To Draw Fish
How To Draw A Jelly Fish
How To Draw Digimon - Calumon
How To Draw Digimon - Demiveemon
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...