A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Fairs  (Read 4237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Somethingnewst
« on: September 24, 2008 06:52:07 PM »

Hello!  I'm new to the area and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find information about local crafts fairs.  I've been looking, and well...not finding, maybe if I knew the word for it in french?.  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Digitalis88
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009 09:01:38 AM »

Hi,

There are not a lot of craft fairs in Montreal. You have the church of craft that somethimes does so craft fairs. Many churches sells some knitting and vintage stuff called Bazar.
You have the March aux puces. There is one on St-Michel and Metropolitan Boulevard. But i 've never been there. So i don't know anything about what the heck they sell.

And once a year, there is once a year near Christmas, le salon des mtiers d'arts. It is big and you have many local artists that sells. Here is the link : http://www.metiers-d-art.qc.ca/smaq/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
La Marguerite
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009 11:16:16 PM »

I'm also looking for craft fairs...tough one cause they are either very pricey (Salon des Metiers D'art and FIMA) which are both juried, or I found out about them too late. I know there is Puces Pop coming up in October. The poster above mentioned Bazaars at Churches, those happen quite often but I don't know how to find out about them ahead of time.
If you find any others, let us know too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Digitalis88
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009 07:11:47 PM »

For the bazar in churches, you look up the ads in your local community newspaper. Or you can just call the church. Most of the bazars starts at autumn and continues through winter. In the summer time there is less activitiy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenStockings
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009 10:12:00 AM »

I'd be interested in starting a blog not unlike the Toronto Craft Alert for Montreal (craft fair and crafty meetup info - possibly listing church bazars and whatnot), but would like to get some feedback and maybe someone else interested in working on it with me.

Send me a message if you'd be into it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JnEdesigns
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010 10:36:43 PM »

I would love to help with a Montreal version of Toronto Craft Alert! I always thought we should have one here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Planner
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010 08:22:56 AM »

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member to this website. I just read that some of you are looking to partcipate in a Craft Fair, and I am actually organizing one for Saturday December 4th. The proceeds will benefit "The Weekend to End Women's Cancers", you will get an income tax receipt for the amount of renting your table ($35.00) and the sales you make that day will be your personal profit. If you're interested,  and for more detailed information please e-mail me at: amazingevent@hotmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BijouxEA
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010 07:10:40 AM »

There's a craft fair in Montreal on Dec 3 - 5.

For more info: http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2b7e87b4327b3ea7c1635091c&id=d872565e84#mctoc2
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Old Skool Crafts
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011 10:40:35 AM »

Hi,
If anyone is still looking, we organize Craft Fairs. We are called Old Skool Crafts. You can find us at www.oldskoolcrafts.webs.com or e-mail us at info@oldskoolcrafts.com

We have a Fair coming up for Valentine's weekend and will have at least a few more this year. Often one in Spring/Summer one in the fall and 2 for the Holidays.

Drop us a line!
Nikki Bundy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miskisita
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011 06:02:29 PM »

this is a late response, but I understand that popmontreal the music fest has a craft division: pucespop.
it is so successful that they hold it three times a year now, the next one which takes place at the same time as popmontreal is coming up sept 24-25

http://popmontreal.com/puces

I have never been, but I am super excited to go this fall and check it out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willibrord
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011 06:21:33 AM »

We, St. Willibrord's, are hosting a craft Fair on Saturday November 12th between 9am-3pm.  We welcome all craftsters and artisans.  Table are $25/each and they are  (6 feet by 3 feet)

If you're interested please call Yvonne at 514-769-9678 or
email: stwillibrordparish@videotron.ca

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make It Easy: What to Do When Brown Sugar Hardens
Make It Easy: When Cake Gets Stuck in the Pan
Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cake
How to Make Cranberry-Orange Loaves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...