A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
789 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Want What I Can't Craft Swap (Round 2) Gallery  (Read 7730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

panthera

Mostly Noctural, Feline Loving Crafster :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2008 09:30:04 PM »

whaaa your drawings on the tile and cutting board are gorgeous !!!!!!!!

LOL....I didn't paint that tile Sad  I think I picked that up at a thrift store but that was my main inspiration for painting the breadboard. Smiley

The breadboard is all my work Smiley....only a novice though not quite picasso just yet... Wink

crazy4bags love the action shot of the ski cap, the colours suit you.... Wink

Oh man I just noticed the box decal lifted Sad......noooooooooooo oo dammit I'll use cardboard or fabric next time! although that box is in suprisingly good shape after international shipping  Cheesy

The plushie and his mate well I thought since you like punk and cutesy those combine the 2  Cheesy

Also please look in the black sketchbook theres a patern in there of something in there you can make Wink

Glad you loved it all.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2008 08:09:47 PM »

I received today from Sharpie_slut!

I will take a quick break from studying to put some piccies up.

Firstly here is the whole loot.

A cute drawstring bag. Im not sure what I will put in it yet but I know its one of those things that when I find the perfect thing to put in it, the bag will become indispensable. Would be handy for stuff that could be broken easily because its nice and padded.

A bag for bottles. Its modelled here by the carafe my netball team won last season (we all get a glass and the captain gets a carafe). I think this will be claimed by my mother if Im not careful. Must snuffle that one away somewhere

A sparkly scarf that seems to have been made from two different yarns together. It smells really nice (I know, thats an odd thing to say). Its very much my style and would go really well with my black jacket.

A bracelet that I am currently wearing and look suspiciously like its made of the same yarn Sharpie_slut sent me (Yay!) Its very soft and a comfy fit. I wear a watch on one hand and a metal bracelet on the other so I really like non-metallic and preferably soft bracelets so I dont damage my watch/other bracelet or have the clunking together all the time.

A chunky headband that fits perfectly and that I have on at the moment. I need a thick headband because I have very thick hair, so its perfect. I have red/blonde hair so the blue is a really great contrast.

She also sent two balls of this yummy yarn and a shiny blue hook. I cant do any yarn crafts but Im working on it My grandmother gave me some wool and a hook (different size though so now I have two sizes) and I have learned to chain. Its only the beginning but you have to start somewhere I did try knitting but the final result was Me: 0, Knitting: 1. Currently crochet is my only hope.

Thanks Sharpie_Slut!

Must get back to the books immediately AND NOT BEGIN PLAYING WITH THE YARN! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2008 09:36:20 AM »

Mysterious received and gave me the go-ahead to post the pictures I have of what I sent her.  Turns out, I don't have pictures of everything on my craftster account, maybe they are still in my camera.  Anyway, here's what I do have:

A journal:

And some stitch markers:

I also sent a marble pendant and my attempt at dreadfalls, along with my favorite vegetarian recipes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2008 03:09:21 PM »

Gird your loins, ladies, because Ecstatic spoiled me ridiculously!

The package as a whole, EXCEPT FOR two skirts that have already been worked into my closet (action pics of those two below):

Four of the skirts in a row: (My favorite!) cotton gauze hippie skirt, elastic-waist hippie-ish prarie-ish skirt (LOVE the fabric), tailored paisely skirt, and hot pink tropical twirly circle skirt!

A fantastic padded laptop sleeve that just happens to match perfectly with my awesome (but un-padded) laptop-sized khaki messenger bag. I adore the fabrics.

Assorted things: a book she enjoyed, a really nifty "coffee paper" blank notebook from Costa Rica, homemade strawberry jam (!!!), and some international/ethnic jewelry (southwesternly earrings, asian enamel bangles, and celtic-ish knot silver pendant), "because skirts need accessories."

Sewn extras: Set of reusable sandwich wraps with matching napkins in cute apple fabric, a drawstring bag that held the jewelry (such pretty fabric there), and a fantastic scarf/sash made out of fabric that I admired but that she didn't have much of (so delighted with it!)

Edible Louisiana extras: Jambalaya mix with instructions for vegan-izing helpfully added in with marker, two kinds of hot sauce, and coffee with chicory. We both are vegan and love spicy food.

I like nice skirts to wear to work, and she did a great job... I've worn two of them already! Drawstring A-line:

Back-tied wrap skirt with a fall leaves pattern that everyone loves:

So, did she spoil me enough? But wait! Did you notice that the background for these shots happens to coordinate a little too well with the items?

That's because she went and made me a quilt, I mean seriously an actual quilt out of the fabric scraps from all of the sewn items! I mean, holy crap!!!
Ecstatic, I SO OWE YOU MORE YARN! We can swap anytime, girl.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008 03:11:33 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zuliblu
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2008 04:09:53 PM »

I love the skirts, you are a lucky girl!!!  This swap has been amazing, hoefully we will do it again after the first of the year, hint, hint Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weet!
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2008 06:01:14 PM »

soo i got my package... a little more than a week ago...my only excuse for not posting pics is it was my 21st bday last week and different friends took me out for drinks like 4 days in a row (i usually only have time to do craftster stuff at night). and well after that i just kinda forgot, so im sorry dinosaurus meg!
i got the best package EVER! Grin

i asked for an embroidery kit and i got an awesome, very complete one, with 2 towels and a pillowcase to start out with! she even drew a bunch of designs herself and gave me an iron-on transfer pen. (sorry i just realized i didnt take pics of the designs

2 cute little zip pouches and large bag for groceries or when i go stay the night at my bf's  Smiley

and heres my favorites...

lace hat and hand warmers! she made up the pattern for the hand warmers herself too Cheesy

i was trying to take a good action pic of the hat but it just wasnt working out since none of my roommates are home to take pics for me..so i decided to go without.
i love everything in my package! definitely best swap i ever had!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zuliblu
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2008 06:12:20 PM »

Lovely Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2008 08:50:35 PM »

Oooooh look at all those skirts! Everyone is getting such nice packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

therajoyce
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2008 09:54:09 PM »

Cute skirts!  Oh, cute arm warmers!  Cute packages! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring

Edgar Allen Poe, Alone

My Etsy:  http://swaggersavvydesigns.etsy.com
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008 11:34:12 AM »

I'm so proud of all you guys, Ecstatic, that package was frigging AMAZING! Props and more props. 

I might have to swap stalk you now!

Anyway. Keep at it, and keep me posted! Thanks for making this an awesome swap and a BREEZE to organize. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
5 Kid-Approved 4th of July Treat Recipes
How to Make a Berry Delicious Dessert for July 4th
Brownie-Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
How to Make French Meringue with Plums
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...