A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 32549 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , pet_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

unepagaille
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2009 12:28:42 PM »

unepagaille -- I love it!  Did anyone try to play with your buttons that night?  Wink

Hahaha, well you know, I'd never had Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start used as a pick up line on me before that night! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

http://www.wists.com/xcera
GoldenOn18
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2009 06:36:41 PM »

My boyfriend was insistent on being a sith from Star Wars (he had the double-ended lightsaber, so he just HAD to). I love the idea of being couples for Halloween, so I was Leia!

I know, I know, the hood is missing! I only had a few hours after work for 4 days, all the while keeping my godchildren at bay and yelling at my 25 year old sewing machine!

And the belt wasn't quite right, I bought it right before the party we went to, but it'll have to do. Sorry about the karaoke screen covering me up!

I bought the boots off ebay, and it's as close as I could get for Leia boots... You only see them breifly maybe 3 times throughout the whole series...

Oh! and here's the pattern I altered to make the thing in the first place.
(McCall's M5746)
I had to completely modify the collar, and turned the pencil style into an a-line with a slit on both sides, and make sleeves, so I guess I just used the pattern as a rough draft.

As for the hair- I bought a cheapie wig at wal-mart and elastic'ed it into pigtails and cut them off (the remaining piece of wig was a hit at the party for my friend's drunk character "buzz"!!!), and hooked them into my hair. I figured styling a partial wig style would be way easier and more comfortable than wearing an entire brown wig.

I'm sure I'll be making my next costume, I've never worn a pre-made costume before, and I don't plan on it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink tonga
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2009 08:46:42 AM »

I was Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas! 

I completely made my costume from plain fabric i bought at the fabric store. 

First time I have ever sewed something together... no pattern either lol!  I just laid out an old dress i had, and then cut the fabric to the shapes i wanted and pinned them together laying on top of the old dress.  once i got the front and back assembled, i sewed the top shoulder seams together and then pieced the sides together with some black satin binding to hide the parts that didnt match up lol.  then once it was all sewed together i used black material paint to add the designs on each section. 

the stitches on my face, arms and chest were done with black liquid eyeliner and blue eyeshadow.  the stitches on my legs were made on white thigh highs.  I used a permanent marker, but to avoid having the lines seep through the fabric and stain my skin while i drew them, i wrapped my legs in wax paper, then put on the tights, and then drew the lines.  Then i used the same eyeshadow to go over the stitches while i wore the tights.  (i didnt wear the wax paper with the costume lol, only for prep)  then i added the black&white stripped socks and black flats.

i tried making my own wig, but it ended up wayyyyy too heavy so i bought the disney wig at the last minute.  it was too thin tho so i added extra yarn so you couldnt see the net through it. 

Then to complete the costume, i carried a wooden spoon, a little jack doll, a basket with jars labeled frogs breath worms wort etc, and a bouquet of dead/black flowers in it..!  i got sooooo many compliments, and quite a few older people asking if i was a gothic raggedy ann lol... *shrugs* Roll Eyes

Another costume that I designed and helped make was for my coworker who was prego.  she didnt like anything she found online or in stores so i found an idea online about a prego skeleton and we ran with it!  i could never find a picture of what we wanted, so i used clip art bones and we traced them on to white felt.  then we fabric glued them onto a black shirt and pants that she had.

and last but not least, my boyfriend and another coworker wanted to be lenny and squiggy from laverne and shirley.  so we used the left over white felt to make the letters for lenny's jacket, and picked out the rest of their clothes to complete the outfits... not as much craftiness involved but everyone turned out great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2009 11:05:30 AM »

I love your Sally costume!  Its fantastic!  Your make up is great too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
loveyalots92
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2009 08:47:45 PM »

So I know I'm really late, but I still want to contribute.

This is actually from two years ago. I just recently got the pictures on my computer since they were on my stepdad's camera. I was Fiona from Shrek.

I know it's far from perfect, but this was my first major project and I didn't, and still don't, know how to sew. So this dress is constructed from three green T-shirts, gold ribbon, and Stitch Witchery. Smiley

And even though I didn't create this one so much as assemble it, here's my costume from last year. It's a limited picture, but you really don't need much to get the idea of the costume, haha. I was Waldo.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fromsophia
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2009 03:09:29 PM »

I know this is super super late but why not

so this is my makeup from halloween my camera died and I only got one picture of my makeup although I did make my entire costume head to toe (not the shoes) but oh well thought I would post a pic anyway
THIS ROCKS   Logged

discomeat
gagoos and fingerpuppets

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2009 05:17:09 PM »

My husband was Brak. I made this to enter a contest in a local paper. We won 1st runner up and got an ipod! Wooo!

I made him pose a lot to get the right picture to submit..

And my daughter was a garden gnome.

I have no idea what to do this year.. I should have started months ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
fabricfriend
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009 07:50:05 PM »

the garden gnome is a hands down winner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2009 08:18:39 AM »

Your daughter looks great in that hat! How long did it stay on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucyravenscar.etsy.com
lucyravenscar.blogspot.com
lucyravenscar.tumblr.com
discomeat
gagoos and fingerpuppets

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2009 09:04:07 AM »

Your daughter looks great in that hat! How long did it stay on?

Thank you! She wore it for a couple of hours on two separate occasions. The hat was kind of awkward but she was such an agreeable baby back then. It would start to lean every five or ten minutes and I would adjust it. That kind of fussing would sooo not fly with her these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Middle Strategy in Backgammon
Indirect vs. Direct Shot in Backgammon
Starting Rolls in Backgammon
How to Execute the Running Game in Backgammon
Overview of Strategy in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...