A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 30898 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , pet_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

paperthinwalls

agent provocateur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2008 08:25:32 AM »

my fiance and i went as the dia de los muertos bride and groom this year [which is actually kind of weirdly sweet, since we're getting married next year, right after halloween! hee hee].

the masks were cheap-o flimsy plastic masks that i plastered over, sanded & handpainted. the floral headdress was a foam visor worn backwards and on top of my head, covered in silk flowers. i also made the veil and his boutonniere.

the clothes, i admit, were not handmade--the dress, however, is a heavily altered goodwill dress that i scored 5 years ago, and i take credit for all the alterations. it used to have giant 80s sleeves, and no waist--i did a lot of shaping. Smiley

full-length shots

close-ups

close-up of masks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my crafty wedding blog: [ <a href=http://thehandmadebride.blogspot.com>thehandmadebride</a> ]
bloodybella
I craft out of neccesity

Well...here I go!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2008 09:53:26 AM »

My son was a cowboy. He could have been an extra in a movie...but he wouldn't keep his hat on. Sad
I made the vest and chaps. The material is a faux leather. It's just a cotton blend, but the print looks so much like leather that you have to touch it to realize it's not.
Final fitting:

Action shot, better view of the chaps:

And the dog was a daisy:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
mento_bug
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2008 11:48:30 AM »

Mermaid costume completely reconstructed and altered, all in a dorm room

here's a link to my thread with more pictures and a little more detail
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=278957.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inna
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2008 09:09:13 AM »

Here is a pic of the costume I made for my Daughter for Halloween
It was made using no patterns - the only thing not made by me was the crinoline and the headband
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
ziggystardust29
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008 04:22:15 PM »

I got this idea from seeing on someone's blog (I forget who's) a crocheted version of what I have since termed "the slutty hamburger." Since I'm too lazy to learn to crochet, I decided to sew my Halloween costume.

The base dress is reconstructed from a pair of gaucho pants, and all the toppings and the burger are made from old T-shirts. Everything is machine-sewn except for the lettuce, which was hand-done, and the sesame seeds, which were taped on because I ran out of time before going out.

I'm planning on adding straps and wearing it with knee-length leggings as a summer outfit because I loved how it turned out.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 10:45:16 PM by ziggystardust29 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
unepagaille
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2008 07:28:51 AM »

All the costumes look great, as always... here is my humble contribution:

The dress was some gray sweatpant-ish fabric I got on sale, and some fabric remnants, cut up t-shirts, Sharpies, yarn-embroidery, and iron-ons (unfortunately it's hard to see the Nintendo logo, Start, Select, and A and B buttons in these pictures) and the necklace was a Perler creation made by me and just put on a chain. I enjoyed every minute of working on and wearing this costume!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

http://www.wists.com/xcera
rainylakechick
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2008 09:34:42 AM »

unepagaille -- I love it!  Did anyone try to play with your buttons that night?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sten
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008 10:26:00 AM »

Aeon Flux (the movie version). Made from a tank top (turned inside out), shoe laces, panty hose, the elastic ruffled waistband from a pair of undies, and an ugly nylon long sleeved shirt I never wore.

Let's just start with the gratuitous photoshopped one and work our way down shall we:

Back view (clutter not part of costume):

Detail of front:

Reference photos:

Thanks for looking!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009 09:47:51 PM »

Willie Wonka and the tiniest Oompa Loompa EVAH!!!
played by William, 22 mths and Aldous Huxley, 6wks.

this jumpsuit is red shiny vinyl, made from a converted sleeper pattern. It has a zipper on the back. this look is completed w/ black felt slippers.

This outfit consists of reconned maroon paisley blouse and corduroy jacket, black knit pants and vest, and felt hat w/ a hat band to match the blouse. All sewn by me. Shoes from Once Upon a Child.

Here are my references.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
crafty_rach
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2009 01:44:43 AM »

Willie Wonka and the tiniest Oompa Loompa EVAH!!!
played by William, 22 mths and Aldous Huxley, 6wks.

You called your child Aldous Huxley? That is so cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Replace Sewing Machine Needles
How to Understand Basic Sewing Terms
How to Make Paper from Plant Fibers
How to Make Paper from Recycled Paper
How to Make Placemats Out Of Wooden Chopsticks
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...