A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,483
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 30910 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea , pet_costume  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008 08:11:51 AM »

Link (from Phantom Hourglass) and Pippi Longstockings with Mr Nilsson Smiley  Scroll down, there's lots of pix!! Smiley

Link's ears and belt buckle/ornament are polymer clay. His sword, sworde holder and shield are foamcore. I didn't cover his shoes because he is wearing this all day at school, I just made "boot wraps" from suede cloth to match his belt. Link didn't really want to pose for me but I wanted to get pix that showed the sword & holder and everything. I had to make the sword holder removeable with velcor so he could sit and ride the school bus!! That's also why we used artistic liscence and put it on his bely not his back like in the game.

Pippi Longstockings is just a couple of t-shirts from AC Moore, everything else we already had here. Mr Nilsson's straw hat is also from AC Moore. I sprayed her hair orange but  left her braids alone, i don't think a 5 year old needs to deal with pipe cleaners or wire in her hair for a full day of kindergarten!!

You can tell the kid's love the costumes and they are having fun.  i think I spent maybe $20 combined.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008 08:13:56 AM by nanner » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LolaBella
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008 12:01:19 PM »

This year I made 6 costumes!  Crazy, but we had a really fun group idea, so it was worth it. 

We're Dead Disney Princesses,and we had a"Happily Never After" party last night.

Here we are before our dead makeup:

I made Snow White, Ariel and Pocahontas all from scratch without a pattern, and then the other three (mine, Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine) were made by altering prom dresses and altering an old "medieval" dress.

Here we are after we died:

Cinderella was bludgeoned with a glass slipper by her ugly stepsister, Ariel got strangled by seaweed, Pocahontas got an arrow in the head, Jasmine was mauled by her tiger, Belle had an abusive boyfriend and Snow White (and her prince who isn't pictured here since I didn't make his costume) were killed by the seven angry dwarves.

Lots of fun!

Full thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276913.0
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 10:09:03 AM by LolaBella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008 12:11:46 PM »

I made two costumes for my daughter this year, but I only have a picture of the firefly so far

paper mache wings and "butt"...I attached a belt to the butt and hooked a light up inside so it will light up in the dark

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/jessalme/IMG_0308.jpg

I also made paper mache ladybug wings, but I don't know how to attach them...any suggestions? when I use a simple band around the arms they are a bit too heavy and slip down her back...

super cute, i love the firefly idea!! for the ladybug - can you do a reverse backpack thing maybe, with a criscross in the front if needed?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008 07:33:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting! Thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ottermama
making messes since 1977

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008 02:35:16 PM »

My son wanted to be a swamp monster.  His costume is made of an old shirt, used-to-be pirate pants, shiny black and purple fabrics, and shreddy gauzy fabric in black and green.

and emerging from the muck:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ottermoondesigns.etsy.com

be kind to one an otter.
Avian Flight
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008 04:09:47 PM »

I made a white gloomy bear hoodie for my brother. So last minute, started and finished it last night.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
mimik
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008 04:42:59 PM »

You've got some talent outfitting the whole crew like that!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008 04:43:54 PM by mimik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008 07:39:16 PM »

I made my son's pirate costume out of material I had in my scrap pile.  The vest is made from two cloth napkins.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
MargiePoo
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008 09:41:09 PM »

Bavarian Girl--Simplicty 3606

Left over Supergirl from last year.  My guy was Clark Kent

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fairweatherknitter
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008 10:48:32 PM »

All the costumes look great!  That said.. I must say.. that is the cheeriest little pirate ever!  He is so cute!  Great costume! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
choleblack
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008 10:49:23 PM »

Here's my DD's Wednesday Addams costume

and the original thread

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276370.0

Enjoy!

Chole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
How to Do Cross Stitch Embroidery
How to Cross Stitch the Alphabet
How to Change a Needle Light
How to Stem Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...