A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lobster bag (pic mildly overweight)  (Read 1246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Astolante
« on: September 24, 2008 10:38:44 AM »

After my Octobag, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=264300.0, I realised "yes, it's pretty and practical, but I use my messenger bag more, so why didn't I make one of those?". ...So I did. My local market has yet more amazing material in, and I found this brown and red lobster print (I'm a bit of a sea creature freak).
I used the tutorial on the same webpage as my octopus bag's, Heart of Mary's blog. The tutorials are very clear and detailed, although there was a slight error in the first few steps of the messenger bag that led to me unpicking and resewing twice before I realised it! I adapted the pattern slightly, making the bag wider, using a different strap, and making all of the outside patterned. Oh, and I am NEVER putting an inside zippered pocket in a bag again. That caused me far too much stress, especially as my zipper foot decided to hide until after I'd finished  Angry

On to the pictures!

The bag being modelled by my door (again):

The strap was actually an adjustable holding strap type thing my dad was using to keep some bookcases together while we redecorate, and he thought it'd work as a strap for by bag. The metal rings and magnetic snap were poached from an old hangbag I didn't use anymore.

The front with the flap back to show the pockets:

And inside!

(That's a hoodie underneath. My bedcovers are nowhere near as amazing)

BONUS PICTURES!

...Yeah, not that exciting. My desk, after a couple of days of crafting. It's really too small for a sewing machine or to cut anything big out on! The rice is for stuffing chickens, and the things under the desk are waste paper bins...

And the Peg Bag of Awesome I made for my Gran. I ripped open two plastic wallets to use as a waterproof lining. Material, once again, courtesy of Leeds Market Cheesy The poster in the background is a Discworld Map.

...And I am a donkey and just realised my last photo is the wrong way round. D'oh! The Peg Bag is clearly so Awesome it can defy gravity...

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeannimal
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008 01:28:28 PM »

cute bag, cute work space. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nuttywoman

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008 02:08:39 PM »

I love the fabric you`ve used, wish our market had a stall that sold fabric , but alas not anymore! Your in Leeds i`m in Lancs near Preston,lol,
Well done   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bennysmom
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008 10:19:17 PM »

I love your bags.
The fabric is brilliant!!! Where did you find it? My husband would kill for the Discworld map. Where did you get it? We have a 3 year old and ever since he was born he has said he wants to get the book Wheres my cow and read it to him. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Astolante
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008 06:04:36 AM »

Thankyou!
The fabric's from my local market. They got a job lot of old designer fabric in, most of them with sealife on Smiley
The Discworld Map was a present from a friend when I was about 13. I just missed my bookshelves off the photo. I've got three with all the books, maps and some pewter figurines and a Death of Rats on. I have yet to sneak a copy of Where's My Cow? into the boxes of stuff I send my three year old cousin! It is very funny, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Super Bowl Recipes That Will Make You Look Like a Pro Chef
Vegan Man Finds the Best Vegan Pizza in L.A.
How to Roast Sticky, Saucy Ribs with Curtis Stone
How to Make a Delicious Open-Faced Sandwich
Super Bowl Recipes: Halftime Feast
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...