A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Fairy Tales Swap ~ Gallery!  (Read 9297 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008 01:31:44 AM »

I think my partner, AModernMantra, should be receiving in the next day or so. Smiley  USPS says her package is in her town at least.

I agree, everything posted so far is really nice.  I love the bunny and the tea set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
moonfall
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008 09:34:29 AM »

Yay! I received an awesome package from dj dizzy Dayna! Thank you so much for it.

First being opening, all of the amazing swap-ness stuffed into this tiny little box.

First out was the Harry Potter Frog Prince (omg cuteness!)

Sitting on my laptop by craftster.

Second came the Zombie cheshire cat (EEEE!!!!!)

Look at the eye!!

Then was the Little Red Riding Hood pin up girl.

Also some earrings and a bracelet, as well as a cute card.

Group shot.

Thank you so much!!!! I'm sitting here snuggling the cheshire cat right now, studying (or rather, procrastinating for my midterm in 30 minutes) and posting this! Its great, and I really hope you like what I made for you.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008 09:36:41 AM by moonfall » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rae-mazing

But it's better if you do.

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008 12:32:13 PM »

lol. My name is all over your computer!!!

I love the red riding hood pinup! Its adorably sexy! And the frog prince is awesome. Love those glasses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I always need fabric, findings/notions, and cute handmade things!

www.wastedwishes.etsy.com

www.wastedwishes.blogspot.com
HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008 09:45:18 AM »

Glad you liked your things Silverwing.

I've just come back from a few days away to an awesome swap package. My fairy tales were Snow White, Rapunzel, The Elves and the Shoemaker and The Frog Prince with these themes: Victorian, Steam punk, Sci-fi, Kind of feminist - the girls are often quite soppy and waiting for the prince, so an alternate to that would be cool (which was quite a hard theme!).
Silverwing did a brilliant job. Here's the loot:

I got two t-shirts, a tote bag, two Victorian Snow White note books, steam punk note cards and stamp, frog stickers and some bonus D10 earings.

Close-up of the Steampunk elf tote:

Close-up of the t-shirts. Feminist Rapunzel and sci-fi Frog Prince!
Fronts:

Backs:

Thanks ever so much Silverwing, and also to our lovely organizer  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008 08:47:39 AM »

I am loving what you guys have made!

Almost everyone has sent and its so exciting to see the gallery fill up with everyone's altered goodies  Smiley I will be working on feedback soon and when I do I will be giving feedback to partners that have sent, received, and posted pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008 12:09:33 PM »

Well, usps.com says that my partner received a while ago, but we think she's MIA for some reason (hope everything is ok!)so I am going to go ahead and post pictures of what I sent to her because I had so much fun making it.  I put a lot of work into this stuff and I so hope she got it and likes it.  I picked from her list of stuff the theme of sirens/mermaids, her favorite colors of blue and green, and her idea of altering by changing genders.

She wanted a shrine so I made one, which incorporates a poem I found:
"Bound to this island, it is our only home, singing songs of seduction, to the souls who roam".  I printed on the front of it with actual colored soap bubbles.

inside, with the door open
"Searching for adventure to immortalize their name" - here are the female sailors (and synchronized swimmers)

And here are the hunky mer-men that are luring them to the rocks - "...they follow our voices, and we feel no shame..."

A “FeeGee Mermaid” - which was a supposed mermaid or mer-man skeleton that washed up on the shore somewhere in the late 1700's but was most likely created by means of taxidermy or otherwise attaching body parts from different animals together.  This was sort of common during the time period when it was all the rage to have a “cabinet of curiosities”.  Talk about altering things!  So I took a little human skeleton and attached it to the image of a fish skeleton, thereby doing my own little taxidermy project.  Sort of like Frankenstein. Cheesy

A bubbly-blue glass beaded key chain:

A little altered altoid tin with an ancient image of a mer-man/siren (mixed up body parts of birds, fish, and human)

and inside the tin some glittery-blue-bubble-glass magnets

and another fish/feather/swimming lady doll with beads and sequins

And her special tag, which is a line from a longer poem I sent her, about someone whose lover is changed into a mermaid and thrown into the sea (which I did not write)
"Was it a werewolf into the wood
Or was it a mermaid into the sea
Or was it a man or a vile woman
…that mis-shaped thee?"

No, it was just Lmcbride. Smiley

I hope you all enjoyed my little presentation.  It's kind of like being a kid and making a diarama and then doing a show and tell report at school. Smiley  Thanks for looking, this was a lot of fun.  I'm loving everything in the gallery. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
kartiana

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008 01:46:36 PM »

Everyone, please double check the front page statuses and let me know if I have made a mistake. Check your profile if I have crossed you off and make sure you have your positive feedback  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
kartiana

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008 02:01:32 PM »

I am looking for a swap angel if anyone is interested please PM me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

ohyouprettythings
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008 04:10:26 PM »

Oh my god, Hurley and Jin mermen.
I bet Jin totally turned into a merman when the freighter blew up.
Does anyone here actually watch Lost?  Ha oh boy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's smart not to eat anything you find in a mirror.

www.overandover.etsy.com
Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008 05:08:14 AM »

Oh my god, Hurley and Jin mermen.
I bet Jin totally turned into a merman when the freighter blew up.
Does anyone here actually watch Lost?  Ha oh boy.

Oh heck yeah!  They were the first dudes I thought of to make nice mer-men, especially with the whole way that the island has of pulling you in and holding on to you.  Roll Eyes  The other two guys are Michael Franti (I figured I needed at least one singer) and Brad Pitt I think, possibly his head on someone else's body.  I chose him for no particular reason.  You can tell I put waaay too much thought into this. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Arrange Your Photos in Photoshop Elements
Review of Card Readers for Digital Cameras
Design a Call to Action Button in Photoshop CS5
Hidden Tools in Photoshop Elements
3 Easy Steps for Stunning Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...