A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lemon Tea Sugar Scrub  (Read 11216 times)
Tags for this thread: sugar_scrub , the_big_ass_book_of_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mommysaurusrex
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008 04:44:28 PM »

How would these store? In the fridge? Or is the honey and lemon juice enough to prevent ickyness? The recipe looks great. I am a slow scrubber, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tia Cherry
mmm... craftalishous

A day without craft is like... Boring!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008 05:16:39 PM »

This looks soooo nice! I am going to have to try this, i bet it smells wonderful! Thanks for the recipe Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to do a personal swap, Ill swap a stenciled shirt, tote or other item of clothing for something cute and crafty, hehe Smiley Just PM me.
deeds14
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008 08:50:16 PM »

Thanks everyone! I know it's stupid, but this is the first thing I've made and not bought, so I thought it was pretty cool. Smiley

How would these store? In the fridge? Or is the honey and lemon juice enough to prevent ickyness? The recipe looks great. I am a slow scrubber, lol.

The book I got this recipe from didn't come with instructions for storing. I have not been storing it in the fridge; it's sitting in my bathroom. It's been almost a month since I've made it, and there is no ickyness. I planned on using it up within a month or two. I use it liberally, every time I shower. It's such a cheap recipe that I don't feel the need to conserve it.

By the way, in addition to being exfoliating, it's pretty moisturizing. I have SUPER dry/sensitive skin, and I think it's the olive oil that feels great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommysaurusrex
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008 04:37:38 AM »

Then I will make it tonight or tomorrow! I am so stingy with store bought products, because they're kind expensive. But this does look inexpensive. Thank you so much for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iwannamessupmysheetsw_you
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008 02:36:08 PM »

I'd been looking for a cheap scrub (quite unsuccessfully)....
So I just made it! (Sans lemon rind though cause it turns out I didn't actually have any) but I have this lavender oil that i might add to it for scent.

It's AMAZING.

I just scrubbed my hands and realllllly dry elbows with it to see how it works and...:
My hands are silky smooth and my elbows feel like someone is blowing cool air on them (as odd as it sounds, it's quite pleasant) and they're super smooth now too.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skinny_marie03
.Katelyn.Marie.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008 06:26:25 PM »

I've been looking for a Big Ass Book of Crafts.
Do u happen to know the title?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
satsukirebel
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008 01:20:07 PM »

I just whipped up a batch of this and gave it a try. I agree with the other reviewers who said it makes your skin feel pretty smooth. I used about 1/12 a cup or so for my whole body. For some reason or another mine didn't have a very strong scent or anything though. I already had lemon peel on hand so I added 1 T of that. Then I tried adding 1 T of lemon juice but the only thing that changed was the consistency. Mine smells -lightly- of honey. I'm thinking I might end up picking up some kind of lemony EO for the next batch to see if that helps.

As far as the book is concerned I believe the title is "The Big-Ass Book of Crafts."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deeds14
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008 04:17:39 PM »

I'm so happy that people like this scrub as much as I do!
I didn't have a problem with a lack of scent when I made my batch.. maybe your lemon peel wasn't fresh? Hmm..

The title is The Big-Ass Book of Crafts and it's by Mark Montano. There are a few beauty product recipes, but most of the book is other household crafts. It is such a great book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
satsukirebel
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008 11:59:32 AM »

Yeah, I had picked it up pre-made at the store a few months back for a lemon-poppy seed muffin mix I was making. Maybe next time I'll buy the lemon and do the work myself (though I still prefer my lazy options ^^).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kinky
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008 12:33:50 PM »

I just made this yesterday and I love it! I was a little nervous to put it on my face at first, but it feels wonderful! I threw a little in a portable bottle so I can use it when I'm in the shower and not worry about getting it wet.

My only question is, does anyone else's not really smell lemony? Mine smells more like the tea and honey I used. Would zesting two lemons in a batch make it overbearingly lemony?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please make this swap happen!!!

Silent Hill/Survival Horror Games Swap:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297899.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a 1960s Hairstyle
How to Style Festival Hair
How to Do a Rockabilly Hairstyle
How to Get a 70s Hairstyle
How to Get a Rock Star Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...