Erinrosemary, are you job hunting? good luck!!!
Littleelfling . . . I did a basic tote bag tutorial on my blog a while back, here's the link: http://indiehomeec.blogspot.com/2007/08/tote-torial.html
the only difference with a corset bag is the front panel. What you do is:
1) Cut 3 strips of fabric the length of your bag and the widths of which add up to 3-4 inches over the width you'll want your bag
2) fold over a seam of about 1/2 an inch on the outside 2 panels (the seam that will be facing inwards) and press well
3) Use tailors chalk on the back of the 2 outside strips and mark the top and left or right (makes it easier later!)
4) lay the pieces out in front of you with the raw, folded over edges facing up (so the left piece will actually be on the right, since you're looking at the backs)
5) take your bits of ribbon for the loops, fold in half widthwise and press well. then line them up along the folded over seams and (here's a trick!) TAPE them in place.
6) Sew one line over the interior edges, so you're effectively sewing in the loops and sewing the interior hem all at once
7) remove the tape if you want
lay the exterior pieces over the interior panel, all right sides up, make sure the width of this panel will match the with of the back panel, and sew the side panels to the middle panel on top of the same lines you just sewed.
9) you can sew another piece of ribbon on top of the places where the sides join the middle, just to hide any mistakes, if you want.
then just finish the tote bag per the tutorial!
Sorry if that sounds like a LOT of words, but it really is very simple, just a little fidgety.
If you do make one, I'd love to see it!