A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dog/Pet-related Botches?  (Read 9785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iamthe_disco
∙_∙ + ♪ = ♥

She's always making me dream corruptions!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2006 03:26:06 AM »

My cat ate a piece of ribbon once. Just thought i should tell you guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Something about Dan Young and Hayley Williams in my closet.
nataxia
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006 09:32:31 PM »

this is seven:

she has an affinity for sweater scraps & will do anything to get at them.

she & her brother curious also really really dig feathers & once destroyed a beaded collar that took 185 hours to make because i had the audacity to embellish it with peacock feathers & hang it for display far far out of their reach. i thought.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 09:39:11 PM by nataxia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Pretty Things For Strange Pretty People: angeatelier.com

angeatelier.etsy.com

angeatelier on flickr!
owl be there
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2006 06:41:24 PM »

When he was a little puppy, we left him in my parent's backyard for a little while and he ate an ENTIRE bush and it was huge...it was just gone. 

i practicly just peed from laffing!!!! thats hilaarious!!! ahahha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2006 07:16:30 PM »

I got a lovely brats pen with blue fethers on it for halloween from my 5 year old cousin. Well i discovered it worked great for writing in my craft notes. Well I got out the beads and pimped it up all pretty. The phone rang nd I tossed it on my desk. I come back to my room to see boz running with this furry blue pen. Well I had to chase him for it, then he droped it in the tolite (SIGH, its open cause were working on potty training.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Samela2281
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007 08:31:00 PM »

I know this isn't really a craft-related post, but I saw the Basenji comment and I felt compelled to share.  These are my two Basenji-mix puppies... the "I'm so innocent look" was because they had just finished eating the linoleum in the bathroom.  Not tearing it up and leaving it all over the place, but actual ingestion involved here.

Later we had to get rid of Cleo (the one on the left) because the two of them just started hating each other one day.  We tried everything we could do, including getting them spayed, a doggie pheromone and obedience training.  Like someone else put up... Basenjis are gonna do what they wanna do!  But Cleo got a very good home with a backyard that she could run run run in and Bonnie got to stay with us because she was the more dependent dog. 

This is her after she got a little too curious with some kind of bugs outside (still haven't figured out what kind, but it's the second time she's done this.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2007 10:13:12 PM »

I have the dog-loves-yarn stories too.  I had just detangled and hand wound a ball of lime green fun yarn thinking I would actually use it for something.  Stupidly, dumbly (God, why did I do that) I left it on the side table in the living room.  Roommates dog, meet fun yarn!  It is now tangled in the yarn room, waiting disposal or burning.  I despise that dog.  It is a vicious, mean evil little thing.

I left my project bag outside for 30 seconds (I swear) while I went to get dog food, 10 feet away.  Come back to move the project bag, yarn and project and needles are in the yard, all over the yard, in the dog's mouth.  I yell at the dog, she jumps away, tail awag.  It took me *days* to detangle and wind that crap.

And then the many other eaten yarn labels and scattered yarns.  sigh.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
Lovely Lesley
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2007 04:54:42 PM »

Haha! I have a cat that is constantly trying to eat my yarn. I also have rats, and they get to roam around every once in awhile. Usually it is when I am doing something crafty so I can also try to keep an eye on them. Anyway, one day I was cutting out a dress pattern, and usually they get the smaller scraps for nest material. Apparently scraps arent enough, and I hear "rustle-rustle-rustle" and they're trying to drag the skirt off of the back of my couch and into their cage! It was pretty funny, greedy little monsters. They remind me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo... "mine.Mine.Mine"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."  - Edgar Allan Poe
moecantsew

I am a scientist who crafts or is it the other way

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007 08:59:10 AM »

That is so funny - that is what my bf says that the dogs say about my crafty things "mine, mine, mine, mine, mine".  I am currently attempting to potty train the untrainable dog that I got my grandma for company for christmas, she is a tiny little rat terrier, she bites my knitting needles, and my hooks, and my yarn, and Everything!  My dog is Peanut - a terrier mix who lays in my lap and jumps when the yarn accidentally touches her, but once something gets done she just wants to lay on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007 09:05:38 AM »

My cat ate a piece of ribbon once. Just thought i should tell you guys.

About a year ago, I got an email from my uncle about his cat - Steve - 

The cost of an adopted cat $0

A roll of gift ribbon . $2

Watching the cat joyfully playing with ribbon priceless

Waking up to:
a cat who obviously ate the ribbon
having it hang out of his butt
taking him to the vet and finding out he needs surgery $1,500+

They ended up removing about a foot of ribbon and a furball.

Steve's fine now.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
Muria
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007 09:29:13 AM »

Ouch!

My mom spent what must have been weeks (maybe months) knitting a baby blanket for my 4 year old when I was pregnant. It was lovely. Until I let my dog sit on the chair where I'd put it and walked away to do something.  It now has a hole about 3 inches wide in it. Now that I've learned how to knit (and know how time consuming it can be), I feel even worse about it than I did before.  Undecided  I still haven't told her.  Let her bask in the idea that the blanket is whole and useful.  Cheesy

As far as the cats and toilet paper, vegbee made a toilet paper holder to keep her cats from shredding it.  You might want to check it out (if you're checking vegbee's posts, though, it's one of the last two pages, not recent).  Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Affordable Style Staples For The Summer
Tricks For Oily Skin In The Summer
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
#MyModamobStyle Featured Reader @Style4Love
Top Eco-Friendly Fashion Finds Just in Time for Earth Day
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...