A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cleaning instructions for the Boyfriend  (Read 4624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 22, 2008 05:23:48 AM »

I recently moved out of the apartment I shared with my boyfriend to a different city to be closer to my workplace.  Thus, I've left the poor boy without any cleaning skills and a completely random roommate...who also happens to have a snake.

Anyway...the place has gotten so gross that I won't even spend the night there anymore. I've been hinting that he should clean and he's been hinting that they're waiting for the other guy's girlfriend to do it.  I expressed my distaste for that idea and told him he should learn to clean himself. Besides, he needs to learn so he can help out next time we move in together.  I'm not going to clean our place forever.  Also, I'm super picky about how stuff is cleaned, so I figured he should get trained at some point.

Anyway, I made him a quick little guide with help from pictures I found on Veer. I should have been studying for the GRE cuz I'm taking that on Saturday, but I decided to take a half hour and dump this in InDesign rather than e-mailing him a text file.

Not sure where this should be posted--kind of a home sweet home craft?  Not really a paper craft because it's most likely not going to get printed out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008 06:10:22 AM »

Oh this is so cool! Every girl should print one of these babies out for their significant others' or their roommates.  Smiley

The reason my marriage is working out so well is because we have separate bathrooms! (I'm not kidding)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
IamSusie
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008 07:05:23 AM »

Your instructions are incredibly thorough and I love the pictures you included.  Please let us know if this email actually resulted in a thorough cleanup by your boyfriend and his roommate.

Here's another way to clean.  This way is my all time fave!

1) Put stuff away in cabinets and drawers and get things off the floor.

2) Call a cleaning service.

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008 07:09:55 AM »

haha, thanks, IamSusie.  I should try your way next time. Wink We'll see if the place actually gets cleaned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008 07:42:54 AM »

I believe where you say the rugs should be shaken out, that you should specify outside.  Otherwise they will be shaking them in the house, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008 07:43:44 AM »

wow! those are nice looking...but honestly, for a guy, he'll walk away, grab a beer and watch the game after reading the 3rd step. Keep it simple.  Why not buy him a bag of rags and a spray bottle. Then he can put stuff away, spray and wipe.  If he does this at least 3X a week it will really help.

guys are very simplistic. That's why cleaning is so hard for them. They really don't get the detail that we girls get. (NOTE: At lease MOST guys. I do know some very clean and tidy guys).  

I've been married for 16 years, and yes, we have separate baths as well. He tidies his and I CLEAN both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
Imagine
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008 07:46:39 AM »

Aww! That's so nice! It's sad you had to move out, though... The best part of my life is living with my BF.

I love the pictures/fonts you used! It look very retro!

I would "green" your list though, like using baking soda instead of comet, using and washing and reusing J-cloths instead of paper towels, same for terry cloth mops instead of swiffer (or a knitted/crocheted swiffer cover from his crafty GF?  Wink)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fatewineroses
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008 08:56:11 AM »

I agree about adding the out(side) part to the shaking the rugs out instructions.  I also would add in there that they should regularly either rinse (if they are using a sponge) or replace (if they are using paper towels) their cleaning utensils.  Depending upon the filth involved, those items can get pretty disgusting as you're using them; and they also become less effective as well.  You would think that these things are self-evident, but I doubt it.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008 09:18:02 AM »

This is such a great idea!!!  I hope it helps somewhat!!!  Love this post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008 09:18:59 AM »

this is great!! your hired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to change the Background Image When Rendering - 3ds Max
Basic Adobe After Effects CS4 Tutorial
Basic Camtasia Studio Tutorial
How to UVW Map and Texture - 3ds Max Part 1/2
How to Play Video In Reverse - Sony Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...