A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,944
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Plaid Pants + Boredom = Tampon Pouch  (Read 2515 times)
Tags for this thread: tampon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Betty B. Cake
« on: September 21, 2008 08:11:16 PM »

So my husband just left for work, my son is asleep and I am freakin' bored out of my head. The next logical step is to sew. So I go dig thru my pile of forgotten clothes, that are all to small, but I just cant bare to get rid of them knowing that one day they will become a recon. I happen across my favorite old plaid pants (they just happen to be abercrombie, which genarally I hate, but one year they had a ton of awesome plaid pants, so I caved and bought them, cause they rocked and fit me like a glove) Anyway, they are about 3 sizes to small now and I decided that they really needed a new purpose in life. So viola, my new tampon pouch!

I KNOW IT MIGHT BE HARD TO SEE, BUT THERE IS A STRAP THERE TO HOLD DOWN THE FLAP

AND HERE ARE MY BELOVED PANTS, YOU CAN TELL if you look real close i FORGOT TO TAKE THE PICTURE BEFORE CHOPPING AWAY @ THEM

I was going to  line the inside with a different fabric, but after testing it, I remembered that the pants had a lil bit of stretch to them & the fabric is kinda thick as well. I decided that it was in my best interest not to add any additional fabric. I mean, its just for holding tampons, i'm the only one that has to look at it on a constant basis, right.

I know I just rambled thru that whole post, but like I said, I'm bored
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008 09:18:46 PM by Betty B. Cake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When life gives you Lemons...Squirt them in the eyes of your emenies!
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008 12:03:09 PM »

wow, so no comments
it must suck that bad Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JessBee21
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008 12:12:45 PM »

It totally doesn't suck!  I'm always looking for something to keep my "monthly paraphernalia" in...maybe you could do a short tutorial?  I agree with you on abercrombie clothes though...I only have two pairs of pants from them and it was only because they were on clearance and fit REALLY well. 

By the way, it's great and would make a great gift for someone.  I wonder if you could do one for pads?  I'm sure if you just modified it a bit, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Betty B. Cake
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008 06:57:40 PM »

Thanks, I've never done a tute before...I will have to put some thought into it. All I can say for now, is choose your fabric wisely. While the slight stretchy-ness of this fabric worked well for the project, the actual thickness of the fabric did not. Its a cotton/poly/spandex blend.

I tossed the finish product @ my husband when he got home from work...to which he replied "hey, whats this...OH WAIT! Ewww, I dont wanna touch your freakin' tampons"
LOL, guys are silly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PolymerJanna

I'm pro-crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008 11:03:28 AM »

Sweet Idea!
Dont feel bad I made a super awesome poster for my son and got ONE comment on it Sad  I think its a great idea, what did you do with the rest of the pants?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Betty B. Cake
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008 02:03:39 PM »

The rest of the pants are sitting by my sewing machine, I am thinking of making a dino plush for my son. I've never made a plushie before, so hopefully it will turn out well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008 04:39:02 PM »

i like the design......a tutorial would be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
JessBee21
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008 05:15:56 AM »

I still say that you should post a tutorial for this!  I've seen other pouches, but I like the design of yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helenleeks
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008 07:25:31 PM »

how incredibly timely.  i took a friend's 14yo sister shopping for her homecoming dress today and we had to go back to her house first so she could get a tampon.  she is so getting one of these!  actually, she might be the only person i know right now who could possibly have need for this type of item.  yeah, i'm that old.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Betty B. Cake
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008 09:15:10 PM »

Alright, I'm going to work on a tute for this tomorrow....although I am a horrible teacher, so it might not be that great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ambient Art - Morisot
Ambient Art - Monet
Ambient Art - Manet
Ambient Art - Gauguin
Ambient Art - Degas
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...