A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! Boutonnieres need a way to attach!  (Read 1817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonRhapsody
AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2008 04:10:14 PM »

Okay, so, because I'm so "special" and unconventional, I decided to try something a little different for the Boutonnieres! The ONLY problem is that I can't think of a good way to get them to attach......on the person.........

>___>

They are a little heavier than normal ones, but they do have lots of wire to clip something onto - I'm just not sure what! @___@ Here are some pictures....

For super extra emphasis: My wedding is this Saturday. So....um......help, please? XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilymaid7
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008 04:17:12 PM »

Perhaps you could either wire or sew a pin back to them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadingjunkee
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008 04:17:32 PM »

Congrats on your wedding. I'm sure there is a way. What does the back of the boutonniere look like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsinmynature
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008 04:21:10 PM »

Did you think of attaching something like a broach backing to the leaf?  Or to a piece of wire?  There pretty commonly found at whatever craft store you have around.

BTW I really the contrast you have between natural (the flower) and industrial (the wire).

Good luck and best wishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008 04:31:19 PM »

The back is unfinished, it looks like this currently:

And thank you, itsinmynature, I like the contrast too! ^__^

I was thinking of a broach backing, but I'm not sure if I should wire it on, or what.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melazdee
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008 04:41:31 PM »

hmm I wonder if you could stick it on something (like a dowel) and have it peeking out of the pocket?
I second the idea of just gluing a pin backing to metal on back with some metal epoxy. Also, I could see (if you don't have that many groomsmen that is) someone tacking them on to the suits with needle and thread. It would hold it even though its heavy and it would be easy enough to just snip the thread after the wedding. The needle/thread wouldn't ruin the tuxes either.
You know how regular boutonnieres are attached to the lapel with a pin with that cool pearly thing on the end? I wonder if you could find or make a larger version of that and use it to pin the boutonniere on by weaving it in and out of the metal and the lapel.
Or giant safety pins? they sell those in any sewing section of stores and I think they could hold it on. If it was too visible you could glue beads to the end or somethin
Don't know about your budget, but they do sell super super strong magnets. You could glue one side to the back of the boutonniere and then use the other one behind the lapel. Then you could use them as magnets after the wedding!

Hope I helped ! They are beautifully done btw. congrats on your wedding!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
DragonRhapsody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008 06:44:58 PM »

Wow~ That magnet idea is really nifty! XD What a great way to give a memory to mine and my DF's families! XD I will look into that, I am on a tight budget, but magnets would be really cool. If I can't do that, I was thinking of making the stems come down and then using a pin to pin it on - like a traditional boutonniere. I think what I'm most afraid of is having the boutonniere fall off! XD
LOL

Also, should I make the Groom's and the Grooms-men's boutonniere's different?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melazdee
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008 06:09:57 AM »

I'm not familiar with tradition and if the grooms boutonniere is usually different or not, but I say just leave it as is! No more stress for your wedding day, missy. lol    Smiley  (if you are stuck on the idea, how would you make it different?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
DragonRhapsody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008 09:30:41 AM »

LOL Thanks, I needed a reminded to not stress so much! XD

I goofed around with it last night, and I adjusted the stem, so that it hangs down; and then I got the Fianc to jump around with it pinned on and he said it didn't feel too heavy or anything! XD So! <33

For the groomsmen and the Groom's boutonnieres, I'm going to add a little white flower or two, to give it it's own unique look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Simple Ways to Clean Every Beauty Tool You Own
When to Throw Out Your Beauty Products
VF COLLECTIONS: Giorgio Armani - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
FIRST LOOK: Nina Ricci - Fall 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
VF COLLECTIONS: Kenzo - Fall 2015 - Paris Fashion Week - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...