A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
846 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Set of Tea Towels Swap Gallery  (Read 12900 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilyvanilli
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2008 08:56:00 AM »

Thanks! It really is beautiful! I just saw the thread in the Needlework section and I can't believe that was only her 4th time embroidering!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la la laurrenn
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2008 09:48:13 AM »

funny, we both used the blender in our projects!
she couldn't have chosen better patterns for me!
i'm so glad that we got paired up!

I am too! I about died when I saw how yours had said hello darling and i knew mine said hello love! I'm really glad you like them!

Thanks everyone for your comments! I really appreciate them!

-Also, I think I got the rick rack idea from the needlework questions and discussions board - thank goodness for that board I went there 50 million times during this process for all my questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i grow healthy aloe vera plants by the win-dow
healthy teeth in my mouth, healthy hair on my head
i grow healthy, wavy brown hair on my head.....

my flickr
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2008 09:53:37 AM »

Awesome, awesome towels everybody!  They're all really great!  I am jealous of the ric rac.  I love that stuff! Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2008 02:33:52 PM »

Okay seriously... every time I take a break from Craftster you guys load me up with a ton of new stuff in the gallery!!  It's all so amazing I can't even begin to comment!  The work in this gallery is absolutely top notch and I don't think it could possibly get any better!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
AllieStar
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2008 02:48:29 PM »

I recieved my towels yesterday, but haven't been able to get online until now to post these pictures! I'm soooooooo in love with my towels that SampsonsLynnie made me! They're all so cute!!! Cheesy

Everything together: all 3 towels, a super cute letter on Hello Kitty stationery, some tea that I can't wait to try (my partner is a tea-aholic, and I'm a coffee-lover.. but I've been wanting to try some new tea for awhile now! All I've really tried before is green tea! I'm a newbie when it comes to tea!), some AWESOME embroidery patterns that I forgot to take a picture of (they're folded up in this picture grr!), and some pretty sequins that I'm going to use on something pretty!

Yes, that's right ladies..... "COOKING MAMA"!!!! Grin I mentioned to SampsonsLynnie that I've been playing "Cooking Mama" on my Nintendo DS lately and I'm addicted to these types of games, and she surprised me with this adorable design!! I love it so much and I'm sooo wanting to invite people over just so they can walk in my kitchen and check out this cutie! It's perfect!

Close-up..

A CUPCAKE! My own little "home sweet home" to dream about! This is too too too cute for words!!

Close-up..

This design is sooooo beautiful! I love the colors she chose for this one. Everything is so perfect and you wouldn't believe how pretty the BACK of this towel is too! She did a really beautiful job on this! I love the birds!! Cheesy

Close-up of her perfect stitching..

THANK YOU SAMPSONSLYNNIE!!!!!!!!!!
Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
I love everything, thank you!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
la la laurrenn
« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2008 02:53:28 PM »

those are some great looking towels!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i grow healthy aloe vera plants by the win-dow
healthy teeth in my mouth, healthy hair on my head
i grow healthy, wavy brown hair on my head.....

my flickr
85%confusion
I suffer from CADD: Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder.

With enough caffiene, I could rule the world.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2008 02:54:27 PM »

I always feel that what I make is so insignifigant and ugly.

For the record... If I ever see you type something like that again, I'll have to hunt you down and kick your hiney!

Why, might you all ask? Because today I received my towels. This morning (actually, all day) has been a pretty awful day, culminating in my son jumping onto the couch and accidentally kicking my cup of tea, which was heading for my mouth. Now this tea was VERY freshly made and VERY hot, so my face and chest were soaked with boiling water... and I was crying on the bathroom floor because I was burnt and sticky and still had to get ready to go  out with friends tonight and I just don't want to because I'm tired, dang it! I get up at 6 every day to get my kids ready for school and stuff, and then watch a baby in the evenings, sometimes until 1am...

Ok, enough griping...

So bad day. Then I opened my package. AMAZING towels. So perfectly me. So wonderfully coordinated to my kitchen. The stitching is exquisite. I am blown away by how professional these towels look! Sixblueirises is an absolutely fabulous swap partner, and I think I truly got the better end of the deal in this swap!

Take a look:
I folded the towel funny, because it has a designs on opposing corners - I wanted you to see both! I just adore flamingos.

Close up the adorable little guy... Look - even his beak is perfectly colored!

Next (also folded funny so you can see opposing corners)
and a close up...

Waterlilies really are the prettiest flower ever...

I can't even begin to say how delighted I am with these towels! I am utterly spoiled, here!

And let me add... the BACK of the towels looks as good as the front! Seriously, they do. Awesome through and through!

So...

Bad day(scalding x exhaustion + cranky baby to care for) + package from sixblueireses = absolutely wonderful day

Thank you sixblueirises - I LOVE them sooooo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.

www.OneCraftyChicka dee.etsy.com

Find me on facebook!

My flickr has swap spoilers!!! Partners, you have been warn
AllieStar
« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2008 03:06:42 PM »

Wow! sixblueireses, I love the flamingo!!!! And the waterlily... what kind of stitches did you do in the middle with yellow?? It's gorgeous! Smiley

I love everyone's towels!!!! This swap has been SO fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
camelama
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2008 03:11:51 PM »

They're all so good!  So lovely!  WOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2008 04:04:31 PM »

AllieStar - Wow! I love the cupcake house (so cute!) and Cooking Mama, but man, that fan is amazing! Great job SampsonsLynnie! Where did you find your 3 patterns?

85%confusion - What a great set of towels! I love the matching colors and the water lilies! I'm also interested in the yellow fill stitch. Is it french knots?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dashi
Types of Miso
Korean Cooking for an American Kitchen
Fun with Food: Turn a Radish Into Mushroom
How to Make Fun Shapes with Food
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...