A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A gorgeous bride (img husky)  (Read 867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HotCarl
Knitty.

HotCarl Is a GIRL.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2008 08:05:28 PM »

My friend Katie recently eloped. They were planning a larger wedding, but her parents were trying to control it all, so they just decided to get married and then get wedding'ed when they can afford to pay for it themselves. But, she already had a dress! So, she decided that she wanted some photos in it before she sells it. And of course, I was happy to help her out. Tongue

(The tattoo she got right after they got married. They've been married a month, she's had it for a week or two. I helped her design it and made sure the gaelic was correct. It means "eternal love.")

I think I'll stop there. You can see more  here on my Flickr. Oh, and I did her hair and makeup as well. Cheesy

Comments? Criticism?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<signature-style="obvious-plug">
narhloki
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008 09:07:13 PM »

Beautful, lovely photos, I'm glad she has some pics of her in the dress even if she didn't get to wear it officially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantk4rma

Junior mycologists have questionable morels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008 09:32:54 PM »

Good for her Smiley I'm glad she got to do it "her" way. I'm sure if I had any intention of getting married before I divorced my mother that she would have tried to control MY wedding, too.. so I can imagine how she feels. Controlling parents suck royally. She looks so beautiful in the dress though. It would have been a shame for her not to get to wear it at least once. I'm glad she has such a good friend to help her out with that Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008 10:29:49 PM »

Those are great pics! I love the tat as well; very nice! It's also rad that you were able to help her relieve the stress and help her celebrate an important life event her way.

Man, do I know how that goes....I have somewhat "divorced" my mom...I never wanted her (or my dad) present at my wedding and my mother-in-law went ahead and invited them... As if it weren't bad enough that she decided to plan things without the input of me or her son! I started begging my husband to elope at least a month before the wedding and he declined citing the fact that he didn't want to upset his mom. After the hell broth of our wedding day he did later admit to me that he wished we had.

The only saving grace/s of that day were my sister-in-law (the maid of honor) Megean and the best man Jay. At a boiling point during the day they were awesome and very much my definition of real friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Prabal Gurung - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
How to Get the Cara Delevingne Look
Back to School Beauty Buys
How To Apply Dark Lipstick
8 Strange Beauty Treatments That Can Actually Work
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...