A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: All my embroidery thus far (almost) now with pattern!  (Read 2319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jatoha
« on: September 18, 2008 06:18:38 AM »

Hi all!

I have really caught the embroidery bug from you all.  I never thought I would enjoy making tiny little stitches, but now I find it to be the ultimate relaxation.

So here are pretty much all of my projects thus far.  I would love to get some critiques on things I could do better or different stitches, etc.  I don't mind constructive feedback at all.

This chipmunk is the first thing I tried to see if I would like to do embroidery.  I used some scrap fabric and it's very wrinkly.  I'm not sure what I'll do with this now.

Next, I went geeky and did this tea towel.  The picture is from the boardgame Power Grid.  Boardgames and crafting are my two big hobbies.

This is Slab the Killer from the game Bang!  Bang! is an awesome card game, everyone has a secret identity--sheriff, deputy, outlaw, renegade.  they are all trying to shoot each other.  It's similar to Mafia if you've ever played that.

here is the card that I used as my pattern:

Next is the tea towel for my BFF who is a coffee queen.  Please note my very first successful french knot dotting the i's.  Yippee!!

This is from the game Say Anything!  The designer of the game said he'd give me a free copy if I made him a towel-- YIPPEE!!  So I did one of the game pieces.

Say Anything is an awesome party game, if you want something fun for the holidays, they have it at most Targets.

Lastly I'm going to show you the backs because I've really tried to improve how my backs look:

Thanks for looking!!  Have a great day!!

-------edit--------

here is the link to my picasa album where I uploaded a couple photos of my sketch of the chipmunk. 

It's not the best, sadly I couldn't figure out how to make the beautiful line drawings that I see other folks make.  there are two photos in this album, one is the original sketch.  the other is my sad attempt to photoshop it.  Sorry I couldn't do better, but hopefully it's usable.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jatoha/ChipmunkPattern#
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008 11:19:20 AM by Jatoha - Reason: added link to pattern » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008 06:22:44 AM »

Those are absolutly awesome! Very nice job. And I agree, the backs are quite nice as well, I've had problems cleaning up mine! Kudos!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
Raventhistle

Yes Jareth, Rly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008 06:45:47 AM »

Wow! I think you've done great for your first tries. Spectacular, even! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*bodyshields her boxes of fabric* no no no...I -need- all of this. I'll use it -someday-!
EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008 06:46:33 AM »

Love the Bang tea towl, it is one of my new favorite filler games, or large group games!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008 06:54:09 AM »

Wow~ They are all so awesome! It's hard to choose which is my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Muddlepud
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008 06:59:44 AM »

Wow, you've done a really nice job, especially considering you're new to embroidery. I can see an obvious passion for gaming! Wink

I don't know if you're concerned about the wrinkly fabric, but since you mentioned it, here's what I've learned. (It took me a while to figure all this out!) First wet the fabric enough that it's damp (I use a spray bottle, but you could also just soak it in the sink and then let it hang to dry a tad). Then put a terry cloth towel down on your ironing board, turn the piece stitch down (so the squishiness of the towel will keep the stitches from getting smushed), and put a piece of scrap fabric over top. Then just iron it on a nice, hot setting. The iron will both dry the fabric (the scrap fabric keeps it from damaging your piece) and get out all the wrinkles.

Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama of two, eeking out a few creative hours a day.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."  ~Pablo Picasso
Shop
Blog
Flickr
cathiphop
Knitty Gritty MilCity

The city would be prettier covered in yarn...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008 07:05:44 AM »

these are fantastic!! The colors of the towel go great with the Bang! piece, and I am in love with the Power Grid piece. Never played the game, but putting that on fabric is just awesome. The detailing on the chipmunk is sooo cool! lovelovelove it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to contribute to an art installation? Any help would be great-join the ball game! go to 6/29/2008 of this blog for details: http://cthulhucrochet.blogspot.com/
Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008 07:25:21 AM »

You are doing great. I'm really also impressed how you can adapt patterns. I could not do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jelly
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008 08:11:30 AM »

Awesome!!!  I've played those games and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bang towel!!!

You are this.close to inspiring me to try this to make a Christmas present for one of my board game buddies.  Smiley  How to make a cool /something/ based on Railroad Tycoon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008 10:07:12 AM »

Grin Seriously awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrities Mourn Loss of Legendary Designer Oscar De La Renta
Easy Ways To Support Breast Cancer Awareness While Shopping
Outfit of the Day: Khaki Coat, White T-Shirt and Black Jeans
Scary Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
5 Zara Coats to Invest in This Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...