A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion - How do I find local/national craft fairs?  (Read 22693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sosoftsopretty
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2006 05:30:13 PM »

Hi all!!  How does one find out about what fairs are going to happen in a particular area?  I'm specifically thinking about the holiday season coming up and wonder if all the big fairs are booked already.  Thanks for any suggestions......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2006 10:58:57 AM »

Check out your local papers for a call for vendors.  Although by this time of year, many of the craft fairs will have already reached their capacity.

You can also check craftlister.com and simply ask around if you see someone crafty!

Craft and fabric stores in your area are a good place to check.  Ask the people who work there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
sosoftsopretty
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2006 12:23:46 PM »

Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2007 01:29:33 PM »

for all the local craft fairs?  I am getting ready to move back to the states and I have never run my business back in the states.  So I have no idea where to look for all the craft fairs in the area that I will be living in (not sure where we are going yet). 

Also, all the shows I have done here have been inside and the tables have always been provided.  From what I am reading I need to be prepared for inside and outside shows and I need to have my own tables.  Is this correct?   

There is so much information for me to go thru here, thanks for all the post full of a wealth of info. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brubendall
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2007 05:37:23 PM »

I would start with the local newspaper of whatever town/city you move to.  There is usually and "arts and craft" section where the fairs are listed.  Also, once you get into one fair, while you're there ask the other crafters what other fairs they know about and be sure to ask which ones are supposed to be the best.  That's how my partner and I found out which ones to participate in.

Though some fairs are outside, most are inside.  Most will provide tables either free or for a fee, but often they are quite big.  We have found it's better to have a bunch of small tables that we can set up as the space permits than one large table that simply runs the length of the space (which seems to be what is usually available, at least in the fairs we've been in).  The best price I've found for tables is Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.

I haven't done any outside fairs yet, mostly because I don't have a tent and there are plenty of other fairs to participate in.  There is one coming up in May that is outside but it will be held rain or shine so I definitely need a tent.  We'll see how the other ones go before I decide if I want to invest the money or not.  Honestly, I don't see myself doing this long-term, hence trying to keep my investment low.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lizabethdesign.etsy.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizabethdesign/

Until you find something worth dying for, you're not really living.
catsjewelry

Beading is a way of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2007 08:02:03 PM »

I get my show info on a site called craftlister.com.You can type in the state and zip code and give a mile radius and it will give you the shows in that criteria
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007 02:19:12 PM »

You can look here on Craftster as well.  Any event posted to the calendar will show up in the appropriate state/area/region folder in the City GuidesSmiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teflonchest
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008 08:01:39 PM »

try www.fairsandfestivals.net

i find they usually list only the better shows for me.
they also have a great free events search that gives details of all their craft show events.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ldaniels5
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2013 04:52:05 PM »

Hi everyone,

I am having a really hard time finding any craft show, fairs or sales in my area. I am in Burlington, ON and am looking for events in the GTHA (Toronto - Hamilton)

Anyone have any advice on tracking down these events?

I make my own semiprecious stone and Swarovski crystal jewellery as well as handmade bath products (bath salts, soaps etc.)

Please help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2013 03:46:39 AM »

There's a site called http://festivalnet.com/
It lists over 25,000 events, not just craft fairs. It does have events listed in Ontario. 

It's $20 to join and you can get all the contact info as well as reviews on every show listed. It's money well spent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy Crochet Supplies
How to Add Crochet Embellishments to Clothing
How to Convert a Crochet Pattern Into a Knitting Pattern
Single Crochet Stitches
How to Crochet a Purse
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...