A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion - How do I find local/national craft fairs?  (Read 22517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2006 06:22:06 AM »

Hmm, well I have similar problems to you with my craft - dreadlock hair extensions

Not certain where would be appropriate, I took the plunge last year, and applied to vend at one of the huge 2 day music festvals here in Australia. Nobody needed to know I wasn't a huge business  Wink

The lineup covered a range of tastes  (Queens of the stone age, Interpol, The Living End, Ryan Adams, Shihad, Pnau, Moby, Bloc party, Doves, etc)
The great thing about vending at the festival were all the extra perks we got. 3 Free entries to the festival, VIP camping + passes, we could enter the festival site whenever we wanted and skip the lines + bag checks etc etc.

Sounds like your product would do well at a similar event

More details of my experiences if you're interested
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=54319.0

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007 08:50:57 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

leia214
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2006 10:38:44 AM »

There is a site called www.indiecraftshows .com - doesn't have a lot listed but it might get you started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewrayme
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2006 10:25:49 AM »

I would try joining your local Chamber of Congress.  They usually have a list or a group of small, independent business owners.  These people are usually in the "know" about craft type shows in the area.

Another place that I have heard people talking about is vendor central usa.  I guess its a group that helps with networking.

The last places I've looked at or heard about are craftlister.com and showsmart.com

Oh, and one more thing to try is to go to local boutiques.  They also usually know about craft type shows in the area.

HTH and good luck!

Amy    Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

___________________ ___________________ ______
We could learn a lot from crayons:
some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names.
All are different colors,
but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
Clay Pants
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2006 03:34:45 PM »

Oh wow, I'm so glad I stumbled upon this topic, most of the craft fairs in my area are for the  tourist or gift market, and mostly old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy kind of stuff. Now I'm completely inspired to start my own alternative craft fair/zine sale/tattoo convention or something... hmm I'm definitly going ot look into this more in the future. Thanks for posting all those great sites eveyone, very helpful indeed!~ and good luck with your craft fairs!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesscraft
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2006 09:56:02 PM »

I am finding the same problem in Denver CO.  I had seen some posts of some people who were going to start one but it never seemed to pan out.  I moved here about 4 years ago from Rochester NY where there are lots of cool arts shows.  Maybe you could start one!  I don't know where to begin with that, but I'd be interested in a discussion about how to start a cool show!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007 08:51:14 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JVLcreative.etsy.com
pumpkingirl
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2006 02:33:09 PM »

I agree on a HOW TO thread. I've posted some of my knowledge on my GETCRAFTY blog and also CROQ zine published a short article, but I am only one teeny planner person with one measly show under my belt. I'd like to hear from those seasoned veterans on tips and tricks to starting them, and then how to keep improving once you've started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
I Eat Art
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2006 03:28:19 PM »

pumpkingirl - keep an eye on the articles section of indiecraftshows.com, http://www.indiecraftshows.com/articles.php
right now it's mostly articles for vendors, but since we just got done organizing a huge show here in Richmond (Spring Bada-Bing with more than 50 vendors) we're planning on writing some how-to articles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.dadahaus.com
Fun and Funky Jewelry, Crafting Tips, and more
http://www.indiecraftshows.com
Find indie craft shows in your area!
jesscraft
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2006 08:37:21 PM »

I have been on indie craftshows but I just don't think there is anything cool in the Denver area.  I am new to this site.  How could we start another thread about "how to start a craft show" or "How to organize a craft show" or "How to be a craft show director."  Maybe organize is the best...  that would be a fun challenge to see if previously cool craft show barren cities could start a new craft movement... Hummmmm.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JVLcreative.etsy.com
Neigung
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2006 04:42:17 PM »

Most cities also have online portals with info about businesses, festivals, tourism, employment, etc.  It might be a good idea to search your city's name to see if it has a website with any relevant info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misofunky
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2006 04:30:40 AM »

For funky craft market in Scotland -

www.misofunky.com

or email hello@misofunky.com

Next market on 27th May! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bestselling Author Brandon Mull on the Fablehaven Series
Brandon Mull Reveals His Favorite Motto and Movie
Monica Holloway Talks About Cowboy and Wills
Bestselling Author Pam Jenoff Talks About Almost Home
Learn More About the Book So Stressed
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...