A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discussion - How do I find local/national craft fairs?  (Read 23422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zona

....tastes of human, sir.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004 01:31:49 PM »

http://www.piecemakers.com/events/fairs.html   

I am participating in the October fair. Come say Hi if you are there too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little blog : http://zona.livejournal.com/

www.twirlgirlfibers.etsy.com - unique, handspun and hand dyed yarn and fiber!

The Dye-no-mite! Swap is starting soon. Come join in! http://www.dye-no-mite.blogspot.com/
TuffJess

Let's make some Miss-Chief!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2004 04:26:32 PM »

http://www.ibuydiy.com  lists events....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do something pretty while you can" --Belle and Sebastian

Buy Miss Chief!
http://www.misschiefshop.com
dieselsam
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004 02:24:49 PM »

i'm not sure where you're located, but i know that a lot of folks here go to the one of a kind show that they have twice annually in toronto... there's usually a lot of funky jewellery, clothing, purse boothes... drawback is it is VERY expensive to get a booth... they do have a deal for first time applicants with less than 3 years professional experience, $495 for the whole time, which is about $45 a day... rest of the prices are above $1000 :
http://www.oneofakindshow.com

I've never been but I just checked out their website. It seems to be on par with the MAGIC events in NY and Las Vegas. They are great for business, particularly if you want to do wholesale, but they're so expensive to participate in! Thanks for the link, now I'll have to trek over there in November to check it out first-hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art. Music. Activism.
http://www.slaveindvstries.net
uproar
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004 04:09:33 PM »

I'm supposed to be doing the Alternative Media Expo in New Orleans in a couple of weeks.  This is the 3rd one, and I think they're doing it about bi-annually.  I haven't been to one of their previous shows, but I think they have a lot of different types of art and media, as well as live music and film screenings. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004 04:31:47 PM »

depends on where you live.   chicago is full of cool craft fairs.  DEPARTment is, it seems, pretty easy to sign up for/participate in (and cheap) but i've never participated.  there's a fair once a year in wicker park called the renegade craft fair, too.  also, it seems like there was stuff like that in columbus, ohio when i live there.  major metropolitain area craft fairs are much more likely to have the more young DIY aesthetic than rural ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"you're ms. thinks-she's-pretty"
-one of my 3rd graders
kitschykoo
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004 11:44:35 PM »

You can also check out www.craftlandshow.com in Providence, RI. It is a consignment craft show that runs for 5weeks in Nov. and Dec. Since craftland is run like a consignment store  artists do not have to be present to particpate. Artists ship their work to Crafltand and Craftland displays and sells it for the artist.  Download an application on the site. It includes all the nitty gritty details.  A Craftland post is also listed on Craftster under the RI and Mass state listings. Check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.gimmickjewelry.com
because the world is not black and white....it's rainbow
ritabelle
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004 07:21:32 PM »

Also check if there are any craft fairs held in areas where the urban hipster hangs out naturally... for example, here in Austin, TX the place to be is either 4th or 6th streets -- all the bars, trendy clothing outlets, natural food stores, etc. are clustered in this area. .. And just by a fluke I found out there is a small weekend fair that sets up in a parking lot right in the middle of this hipster haven.

No lavendar teddy bears there!
Hope it helps,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mr. Twigg

Twig furniture makers are naturally twisted !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004 03:04:35 PM »

WildSnowFlake mentioned  www.craftlister.com Couple of nice points about this site; Different levels of membership, including FREE!, you may post your own review (Opinion)  of any particular show - A feature usefull in deceiding if you should attend. The search feature is good and lasttime I used it you could check up to six months in advance with the free membership. The owner/webmaster, Louis is adding more features so it's probably even better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twig furniture makers are naturally twisted !
kitschykoo
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2004 06:29:06 PM »

There is also Crafltland. www.craftlandshow.com A consignment craft show where artists do not have to be present to participate!

Applications are now being accepted for the 3rd Annual Craftland, a contemporary craft show in Providence, Rhode Island featuring an eclectic assortment of fine crafts and cutting-edge, quirky handmade items.   Craftland operates for five weeks in November and December at a retail space in downtown Providence, Rhode Island and sells unique and unusual handmade items on consignment. Artist need not be present to sell their work. Artists drop off or ship their work to Craftland and Craftland displays and sells the work like a consignment store or gallery. Accepted artists may supply whatever amount of consignment items they feel comfortable with, be it 1 item, 50 items, or more. Unsold work is returned to the artist along with a check for items sold. Proceeds from Craftland benefit New Urban Arts  www.newurbanarts.org , a free art studio program for Providence high school students. Artists receive 60% of the retail price on items sold, 30% goes to the cost of running the show, and 10% goes to New Urban Arts.

Download a Craftland Artists Application which includes all of the nitty gritty details at www.craftlandshow.com

Applications are due by Friday, September 10, 2004 POSTMARK DEADLINE, however, applications received after this deadline will be reviewed as space permits. So do not despair of you read this post after the deadline! 

Most of the artists participating in Craftland live in New England, but we also accept work from artists throughout the United States and even around the planet.  To keep Craftland fresh and irresistible, we seek a range of people to participate. Whether you have participated in craft shows before, are an art school student or have made nifty things but never sold them, we want to hear from you!  Over 100 local and far away artists participated in Craftland 2003 -- teenagers to grandmothers, professionals to first-timers. We encourage artists to view Craftland as an opportunity for whimsical craft exploration. Some artists have created limited-edition new work exclusively for Craftland, and others have experimented with techniques outside their usual work (painters who made puppets, jewelers who made holiday ornaments, and chefs who made magnets). Other artists sell the prints, jewelry or books they produce year-round. 

Craftland is about the love of making things, the pleasure of having one's own creative practice and the celebration of all things crafty. And it supports a great cause! Please share this information with anyone you know who might be interested in participating this year.

Thanks and Get Crafty!

Johanna
Craftland Committee Member

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.gimmickjewelry.com
because the world is not black and white....it's rainbow
unsunshine_69
smarter than your average bear

oh no... she's not a secret now

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004 11:08:34 PM »

i have the same problem. i also make body jewelry, mostly fimo plugs and stretchers, and other funky jewelry and accessories. i'm planning on browsing the local craft/farmers market held every saturday morning in the spring and summer and seeing what kind of booths are there. if i don't see anyone in the crowds who might be interested in that stuff (ie if it's all seniors because the kids are still sleeping at 8am on a saturday) i may try and organize my own through flyers and word of mouth at the university for an alternative craft fair, and then advertise that in likely places to catch the eyes of likely customers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i would be lying if i wasn't trying
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Turn Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Into Cajun Turkey Pasta
Where Holiday Cranberries Are Coming From
Use It or Lose It: How Long to Keep Thanksgiving Leftovers
Fryer Vs. Oven: How To Prepare Your Thanksgiving Turkey
Top Your Bagel With A Delicious Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...