A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How much would you pay for a stall?  (Read 2437 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2012 07:43:58 AM »

I've done a few craft fairs in my time, and I've just moved house recently. I've been scouring the area for some craft shows I can attend and the main local one charges 35 for a 6ft table for the day. The craft fair lasts for 6 hours but I'm not totally sure if that's a good price for it. Ones I've done in the past I've not paid that much for. I sell jewellery and trinkets that don't retail for loads so I'd have to make several sales just to break even. I'm just really after peoples thoughts, and just wondering how much you would pay for a stall and do you think the price you pay is reasonable?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012 11:25:26 AM »

I presume that you're in the UK as you're quoting prices in sterling.

My experience is all very out of date so I'll try to put it in terms of eating out at the same era. I found that prices would vary very much, even in the same area depending on the quality of the venue. A table at a local village (irregular) affair would be cheap enough, maybe lunch in a cafe for 2 people. A 6-8ft stall at an established regular outdoor fair would be sort of midway, cooked pub lunch for 2, no alcohol, but a table at an upmarket fair (fancy grounds, perhaps charging an entrance fee) would be a special meal for 2 at a good restaurant. I only did one of those: I didn't make a penny that day and went home very short of cash, more especially as I'd had to buy new display equipment to fit with their house rules.

So if it were my area you were selling in now (and the same rules of thumb apply) I'd expect it to be a good fair, indoors, with quite a high number of people coming.

If you can afford a bit of a loss, try one and see if you sell enough to make it worthwhile. If not, perhaps attend one as a customer and talk to the stallholders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
susie in the sky
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012 04:13:19 PM »

I recently paid 15 for a stall for 3.5 hours at a vintage and handmade fair, I'm having a stall at the same event in a couple of months which will cost 20 because they've extended the time to 6 hours...I'm also about to pay for a stall at a michealmas fair at a national trust property, with is 20 for 2 days...I wouldn't pay more than 20 at the moment because this is all new to me and I'm only taking little financial risks to start with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
Shelin20
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012 07:10:23 PM »

I don't know the euro equivalent but most in my area range from 15-85 dollars for whole days
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/people/CommodityOddity
Find everything and anything of whimsy in my etsy
Use code ODDBALL for 15% off!
http://yardsellr.com/yardsale/Steph-Helin-598297
ThePenguinTheory
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012 04:28:41 AM »

I was recently at a craft fair where a full table was 60 and half was 30 and it lasted 5 hours.

It really does vary (i've seen as little as 10 and as much as 70) but in the run up to christmas prices always go up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cute and Quirky Handmade Items!

Etsy
Blog
Facebook
Pinterest
Chris in VT
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012 04:31:34 AM »

When we do a craft fair we don't get a table, we get a 10x10 space. And if we pay extra, we'll get an electric outlet too. It's our job to set up a display within that space. Our shows are for a minimum of two days, although most are three days. (Fri, Sat, and Sun)

Now since this is my full time job, I need to find fairs that will bring in people to sell to. So I only work with professional show promoters who put on multiple shows per year. These are people who are not afraid to do paid advertising for their events. These promoters are looking at bringing in anywhere from 5,000 to 20,000 people. No rides, no carnival, just artists and crafters.

The cost for those spaces vary. During spring and summer we'll pay anywhere from $225 to $375. In autumn the prices go up to $400 to $500.

This Saturday I'm doing my only one day show of the year and it's in the lovely little town of Saratoga Springs, New York. The one day fee is $140.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudio s.com
shadojake
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013 01:33:51 PM »

I just began doing craft shows in the last few weeks as a vendor but have attended them for years.

In our area, south Louisiana in the USA, it is typical to pay $35-50 for a one day event that is held outside, rain or shine and you get NO tables, tents, chairs etc.  Everything is provided by the vendor.  Electricity costs $5-10 extra, if it is even available.

There is one show in our area that is huge, over 300 vendors, that is $120 for the day (8 AM-4PM) and nothing is provided, except HUGE attendance, which is a big pay off.  I have not done this one yet as a vendor since I have just started but considering it in the fall.  This show is a fundraiser for a local plantation/museum.  It is a historic site.  The show is historic as well.  People come from all over.

I am willing to pay that much for that particular show due to the large atttendance in the 1000's.  However, in general, I am willing to pay about $40-50 for the day.

Let me just say I am the typical American who is totally thrown off by prices listed in other currencies besides the US dollar.  Is it possible for members who reside outside the US to note the US dollar equvalent or exchange when posting?  Can you tell I am new to this board?  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
Antidigger
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013 02:42:39 PM »

I think it may be a little impractical for anyone to convert their currency for all nationalities represented on this forum, perhaps if we just say which country we are quoting prices for then whoever is reading can convert if they wish to?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
pocketwatch
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013 10:27:25 PM »

Let me just say I am the typical American who is totally thrown off by prices listed in other currencies besides the US dollar.  Is it possible for members who reside outside the US to note the US dollar equvalent or exchange when posting?  Can you tell I am new to this board?  LOL
I'm the same with some currencies- yuan, rupees- but in the Anglosphere I get cocky and think I know exchange rates because I learned them years ago. 2 Canadian dollars to the dollar! Two dollars to the pound! Nope! But it's convenient that the USD is so weak right now because it's almost spot on Canadian and Australian.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Express: Making a Cheap Giant with Masks
Motion 3: Motion Tracking in Motion Part 1
Final Cut Studio 2: 8 and 32bit Floating Point
Final Cut Pro/Express: Clip Speed
Final Cut Pro 6: 3 Point Editing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...