A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Half of my face is paralyzed: I knit an eye patch! Also, Talk Like A Pirate Day!  (Read 5985 times)
Tags for this thread: pirate  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cealy
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008 04:50:59 AM »

Hey, if you left the top of it open you could have had a spot to keep a few loose coins- would work if you were wearing something without pockets!
(it would also weight it down so it didn't flap in the breeze)

Okay seriously, sorry to hear about the Bell's, my cousin had it in her 30's, lasted only a few weeks but what a way to 'Wake you up'.

Keep your chin up and looking at the brighter side of life.
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slimnshawtie18
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008 07:15:07 AM »

The eyepatch came out great and its great that you making the best out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphireblue
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008 07:29:27 AM »

A few years ago I had Bells Palsy.  It was weird.  I was eating with my hubby, and I thought I had burned my tounge, because it felt funny.  Well, then the next morning I was putting on lipstick, and could not move my lips around to spread the lipstick.  Then I knew something was wrong.  I thought seriously that I was having a stroke, but I felt fine.  I took myself to the E.R.

It took me about a week to heal up, because I caught it right away. Don't worry, you'll be better in no time.

Celia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008 08:01:57 AM »

i had bell's palsy about a year and a half ago. it was totally random and couldn't have come at a worse time Tongue i'm so glad you are sporting a cool eyepatch and i hope you're better in a few weeks! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
85%confusion
I suffer from CADD: Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder.

With enough caffiene, I could rule the world.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008 10:03:58 AM »

Way cool! I wish I'd thought of this back when I worked at the Eye center... We had little kids come in who would need an eye patch due to some temporary problem, and they got horrid little plastic ones with elastic that cut into the skin.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.

www.OneCraftyChickadee.etsy.com

Find me on facebook!

My flickr has swap spoilers!!! Partners, you have been warn
cute_anarchy
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008 11:16:49 AM »

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!  That eye patch is awesome, as is your sense of humor about things.  Very cute!

Wow, I had no idea that Bell's Palsy was so common, I too had this about 2 years ago.  It totally freaked me out, but did go away in a week or two.  Meanwhile, whenever I laughed, I did like a little Japanese School Girl, hand covering mouth!  Wish I had thought of an eyepatch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
Quills
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008 12:21:49 PM »

My mum had Bell's Palsy about 10 years ago. Once we figured out that she wasn't having a silent stroke, we had a good time laughing about it as she dribbled coffee and thus had to drink with her head tilted sideways! It started with her eye burning, which she thought was due to getting soap suds into it during her shower. Then we figured out that the reason the soap got in there in the first place is because the Palsy wouldn't let her close her eye. She would have been PROUD to rock a cool eye patch like this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
storybook_farm
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008 12:39:37 PM »

cute patch!  and at least you can have the fun of being a pirate--today and as long as you feel like it!

as for coming out in public--Amy Goodman--a fearless lefty journalist--host of Democracy Now--had it last year and she decided to keep doing her broadcasts--she wanted to be the face of reality on tv instead of airbrushed perfection--so you're in excellent company!

Zoe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annoyinglittlegirl
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008 01:29:16 PM »

That looks great, and I'm glad to hear the condition is only temporary Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my vegetarian cookery blog Smiley views, comments and FB likes are ALWAYS appreciated!

www.amuse-your-bouche.blogspot.com
gdeeaz
Look at me, Look at me, Driving and I won't stop, And it feels so good to be Alive and on top, My reach is global, My tower secure, My cause is noble, My power is pure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008 01:57:55 PM »

oh this is so cool, i could have used one of these when i was a kid. my left eye was weaker then the right so my doc, wanted me to wear a eye patch over the strong eye for a few hours every day and it was those black ugly ones that hurt....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Four Hot Trends From Milan Fashion Week
Diane Kruger Found Her Spirit Animal - Find Yours!
4 Top Outerwear Trends For Fall
4 Parisian Inspired Looks For Fall
Mark Fast - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...