A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help with my idea for a wedding guest book  (Read 778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melazdee
« on: September 15, 2008 08:40:24 AM »

I have looked at all the different ideas for a wedding guest book and nothing has appealed to me as much as a scrapbook does. But scrapping a page takes me a long time and I don't want my guests spending all their time on it...but then again I don't want them spending no time on it because I DO want it to look nice.. lol
so sounds like I should premake one. A simple one so the guests can fill it out and get on with the party...

so..
 my main idea is to have some kind of instant camera at the reception, either on a central table or maybe one at each table so the guests can take a picture of themselves, funny or otherwise and stick it in the book (or maybe on separate cards to be made into a book afterwards) and write a comment next to it. This way I can see them the way they want to represent themselves in the picture and I can remember them the way they were on my wedding day..

But how should I go about this picture thing? I know polaroid cameras will soon no longer be made.. and my wedding is in 2010. I could stock up on film now and save it for my wedding, or I could buy some of those little Izone cameras, which were like mini polaroid cameras..(still making those? IDK) Or I could just hook up a camera to an automatic printer thing so people could print their pics that way. My favorite idea is the izone cameras, maybe one to a table ? I looked them up, looks like the'll be about $10 each, so for 10 tables, about $100 plus cost of film..? is it worth it!? What about one of these things: http://www.target.com/Polaroid-PoGo-Instant-Mobile-Printer/dp/B0019UGCLG/sr=1-1/qid=1218487588/ref=sr_1_1/602-5515664-5995866?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Apogo%20printer&page=1

Anyone else have suggestions? Maybe I could just have everyone write their message on a card and then set up a backdrop so that when they come in, someone (a family member that would do it as a gift?) would take a pic of every person/couple/group that comes in and then later we could piece it all into a book.

What are alternative ideas? I have seen the posts on here like the tiles that I believe sweets4ever did and the signature plates, frames etc..but I really don't see us getting use out of those things. And I do look through my albums/scrapbooks periodically. One idea I really did like was to get a "coffee table book" of our honeymoon site and have people sign inside... but I don't know...

The last idea I JUST came up with is a "wedding garland" for our christmas tree. We already collect ornaments from places we visit, so we have a bunch of memories flooding out everytime we trim the tree.. so what if I got mini frames w/o backs and the front would show pics of our guests, and the back would be their comments and wishes! I still need ideas on how to execute that though..what about just everyone getting their own small ornament to personalize..

OH BRAINSTORM!..just writing a topic to you guys stimulates my brain!hahaha.. Neither of us are religious so we have a hard time finding a christmas tree topper that we like (I feel like it should mean something to us) what better than a "wedding guest book" type-topper? can you guys think of any ways to do that?

ooh or a tree skirt...
ok I'm done  Cheesy you're turn to talk

please, ideas, half formed ideas, anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
dogwoodbonsai
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008 01:38:08 PM »

Here's and idea from a friends wedding.  A friend of the groom had the guests write their wishes on 8" x 11" paper and then he took a photo of each guest holding the wish on the paper in front of them.  He later presented them with an album of all the photos.  I think it's one of the more creative ideas I've seen and hope to use it myself one day.  It worked well because he waited until after dinner once people had full belly's and were relaxed.  (I feel put on the spot when the guest book greets me at the entrance and I don't think well on an empty stomach.) There was a great mix of heartfelt and humorous wishes as well as fun photos.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melazdee
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008 05:32:05 PM »

That combines my ideas perfectly! I really love it, thanks for the suggestion Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you love it, its perfect"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/melazdee
rainylakechick
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008 03:13:54 PM »

I love dogwoodbonsai's idea!  And I agree, I like to write in the guestbook after the ceremony and after I've had a drink.  Smiley

BTW, I really love the idea of a http://polaroid.com/pogo but I think its something complicated for the wedding -- you would need someone (or two people) to man the job.  For instance, not everyone will be able to print their own photo.  (I know my mom would be confused.)  Oh, and the printer is on sale at best buy right now.  But I would think that in a year or so, you'll be able to get it much cheaper!

I was in a wedding in 2006 where there were polaroids taken of guests arrriving.  Each guest signed their photo and it was to be used as their wedding guest book.  The only drawback to that idea?  Everyone in the wedding party forgot to get their photo snapped!  We were all busy getting ready for the wedding and then no one had their photo taken at the reception!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sharmrock Ring
How to Make a Crayon and Water Color Combo Fish
How to Start Seeds Using Toilet Paper Rolls
How to Make Seed Balls for The Garden
How to Make a Craft Bendy Rainbow Picture
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...