A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 303,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Along Question...  (Read 681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 17, 2008 10:49:35 AM »

I just started a new project with my preschoolers(I'm a teacher)...  a quilting project.  And as I was working on it with the kids it occured to me, what an awesome quilt along this would be with other teachers, parents, anyone really with a bit of time and some basic quilting knowledge...  So I raced here during my lunchbreak, only to realize that there is no Quilt-Along Board.  Why is there no Quilt-Along Board?  The knitters have KALs and Crocheters have CALs... why can't we have QALs?  Just curious...

And... I'll be posting the QAL info in my craft blog if anyone is interested... 

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008 02:01:17 PM by glittergirl94 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wishing for Summer.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008 08:42:44 PM »

Yeah... I have noticed that.  Maybe its because we seem to be a smaller board/less posts?  I mean, I can crochet a scarf watching two movies, but to make a large quilt it takes me DAYS and DAYS... or perhaps its the fact that organizing a discussion of multiple people to make a wall quilt together and find the same stage of quilters??? who knows..

one of my pet peeves about this board is that there has not been a challenge in what looks like ages.  There is talk of one and ideas, but nothing has really come up.  That makes me a little sad, I love mixing my creative juices with my competitive liquor...

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008 05:38:06 AM »

Quilt Along sounds fabulous!
As I'm in Europe, I can't take part in a Lap Quilt Swap or something like this.  Sad Sad Sad

...but I'd so much like to share some crafting time and experience with other quilters!!

Maybe a QAL is just THE possibility!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 8/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 1/9
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...