A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,439
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Discuss: Project Runway "finals"? Would you wear it?  (Read 687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Why doesn't evolution work with embroidery kits?

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2008 02:29:36 PM »

Possible spoilers, here: http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2009/spring/main/newyork/womenrunway/projectrunwaysuede/#
Five runway shows by PR contestants.

I spot MY winner, WHERE did Leanne find all that Tiffany blue fabric?  Drooly!  Although my build couldn't wear all those swirly baby dolls, I appreciate the work!

And would you play with necklines the way Korto has done?  Very kewl!  And Suede?  Umm, yikes!  Although I WILL try pairing darker silver with aquas, those are such Cancerian colors!

Your thoughts?

If your site doesn't support Firefox, Firefox users won't support your site!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008 06:05:57 AM »

Ack!  I didn't realize that you were talking about THIS season's finals.  You might want to specify in the Subject line that your post contains spoliers - I would rather not have known who makes it to Bryant Park. 

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008 08:10:12 AM »

Actually two of those people DON'T make it to Bryant Park, according to last night's new episode (part I of the Finals).  So...how come those two got to show at NYFW?   Huh
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008 08:36:55 AM »

They do that every year...it's so that even if you follow Fashion Week, you can still be somewhat surprised by the show.  It's sort of a Red Herring.

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008 07:51:43 AM »

Maybe they felt bad for making them create their entire collection before saying they were 'out'.

Visit my Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008 12:46:19 PM »

There were only a couple of items in each collection that I thought were even pretty.  Most of them were too costumy and didn't seem wearable.  Leanne's pieces seem really bulky, Jarell's over decorated, Korto's kind of '80s, Kendall uses icky fabrics, and Suede... I can't even remember any of his pieces.

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." - Scott Adams
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008 07:25:32 AM »

The last six all create collections because the runway shows are shot a few weeks before they're aired.  Three of the designers are decoys to throw off those present as to who is in the finals. 

Stuff you see on a real high fashion runway isn't supposed to look like something you'd see on the street.  It's supposed to take balls to wear something from a fashion runway.  That's why the biggest insult on that show is to say something looks like "mall clothes".  Real women might take pieces, not whole outfits, from a runway show and put them with more normal stuff.  That and high fashion inspires the more normal stuff designed by people at H&M.

I really liked Leanne's stuff and I hear it's alot lighter in person than it looks in stills.  Alwright made a Leanne inspired skirt earlier to see a wearable version of that theme: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266905.0 (she makes gorgeous stuff).  I loved the colors Korto used and I have seen alot of jewel tones in the store this year.  Plus I thought the beads were awesome.

Kenley was uninspired.  Jerell was over the top.  Joe made some nice stuff that looked like Guess type wear and well, we won't talk about glitter magic Suede.

If you like Project Runway you should read the Project Rungay blog.  It's awesome.

A state of confusion is unpleasant, but a state of certainty is ridiculous.  - Voltaire.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are These New White Jeans Actually Resistant To Stains?
These Festival Outfits Are Everything!
The Crop Top Trend
10 Fabulous Spring Style Must-Haves
10 Fabulous Oscar Dresses
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...