A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I have funny feet, do you want some?  (Read 1333 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eelkje
« on: September 15, 2008 03:32:42 PM »

yesterday i was at a secondhand shop and bought, for my last 21 swedish crowns (1,5 dollar), a bag of sewing goodies that actually cost 50 crowns but i did the sad face and the counting my money and they did not accept cards so i was lucky! In this very very nice bag were not only various spools of thread but also some sewing feet, which i didnt even see when i bought the bag so go figure my total feeling of happiness when they fitted on my machine!
There were to hem-rollers, one zipperfoot and also two feet that i have not succeeded to categorize. I have some assumptions about one of them and the other leaves me with no clue at all. I also have some feet that came with my machine that, upon trying them on yesterday (i've had that machine for like two year), turned out not to fit and probably belong to an other machine entirely. I also have some spools that were in the goodybag that don't fit my machine so anyone who is interested just tell me maybe we can swap some things.
Here are the pictures:

Foot number one (seen from the bottom): i suspect it to be some kind of zipper foot for blind zips where you let the
coil of the zipper glide to one of the two eh channels if you can call them that. But why there are two channels: i have no clue. So maybe it's something else completely?

Foot number one from the front (upside down):

Foot number two: this one really frosts my cookies. It looks like you can work wonders with it once you've figured it out so someone please help me i want to work wonders!

( i know my middle finger is yellow, playing w/ ink and such...)

And now, my dear friends, this is what i have to offer to those in need of well: these feet / bobbins:

The bobbin with all the holes i have  like 6 or 7 of, the rest only 1 of each. The feet all seem to be from the same machine, using a click-mechanism.

I'd be delighted to be enlightened!!!
have a happy day!
eelkje
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008 03:33:13 PM by eelkje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008 03:59:20 PM »

the clear feet are typically used for embroidery or decorative type stithes.  from looking at the post size for the snap on ability, they are likely for a singer machine.  The metal bobbins are used in older machines (most newer machines need the plastic ones to prevent damage to the plastic inner workings of the machine after extended use) 

I hope this at least helps in identifying the random bits Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
goldy
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008 04:00:45 PM »

The first one is a piping foot. 29 pages of feet to scan through here. Grin   http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk/partsDB/index.php?category=Feet&model=&all=0&singer=&pfaff=&brother=&janome=&toyota=&bernina=&elna=&other=&start=90
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008 08:53:34 AM »

I have no answers, but I'm still giggling at "this one really frosts my cookies"  Cheesy  I MUST find a way to work that into conversation today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
eelkje
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008 09:38:39 AM »

I have no answers, but I'm still giggling at "this one really frosts my cookies"  Cheesy  I MUST find a way to work that into conversation today!

I actually stole that one from Mr. Big when he still was in Law & Order (ok i know his name was not Mr. Big back then but you know who i mean...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenniy122
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008 10:48:44 AM »

the 3 feet in the last picture all (visually) match feet that I have for my singer, model 6212, but the bobbins don't match.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008 08:48:04 PM »

I think foot #2 (the frosted cookies foot) is a cording foot. A satin (or other) cord is fed through the divot in the center allowing you to stitch right through the center of it. Maybe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eelkje
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008 02:17:37 AM »

I think foot #2 (the frosted cookies foot) is a cording foot. A satin (or other) cord is fed through the divot in the center allowing you to stitch right through the center of it. Maybe.

Thanks for joining me in in my quest!
That has actually crossed my mind a few times. But then again there is no guiding channel in the bottom, and when would one want to stitch trough the center of a piece of cording? I am going to find a piece of cording and see what happens!
(and look, for the second time, trough the wonderful list of sewing feet Goldy gave me, thanks for that!)

<edit> I just looked at every cording foot there is, but they all have 3-5 holes or guides, channels in the bottom and what i think is the biggest difference: room for zig-zag. But maybe back in the day people had a different outlook on cording...</edit>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008 02:22:54 AM by eelkje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

captaintili
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008 12:46:17 PM »

foot number two... I really cannot tell from the image too well, but maybe some sort of something for folding bias tape as you sew it on? I'm probably way off.  Undecided
The feet in the last image look like they should fit onto most pfaff sewing machines.
Maybe you should see what types of machines the feet one and two fit on, and work from there?

edit: also, the metal multi hole bobbin is the same as in my old dependable kenmore.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008 12:47:53 PM by captaintili » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldy
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008 03:14:52 PM »

Could be a version of this? http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk/sewing_machine_info/video/39/couching/braiding-foot-with-idt.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Visually Impaired Artist Jeff Hanson Wants to Change the World
The Lab TV: Eric White
Dela: Live Art Painter With An Environmental Message
Aaron Axelrod: The Making of the "Bad Reception" Art Installation
How to Draw Rito Yuuki
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...