A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Short N Sweet Red Bolero - Slightly picture happy - I'm soooo proud! take a look  (Read 12455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hotfudge
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008 07:35:53 AM »

Very cute.  Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Underhill940

Gilmore Girls, Coffee, and Crafting..life is good.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008 07:44:57 PM »

this looks great!  I'm hoping you can help me.  This is the first time I've used a pattern like this.  How many repeats do you do on the back before you start the arm?  The pattern says to "repeat pattern throughout" so, I've been doing the pattern to what I thought would be the length of the back.  Now i'm not sure.  should I have stopped after the first 9 rows and done the switch, or do I finish the back and then move on to the front?  Thanks so much for your help.

The 'repeat pattern' refers to repeating the rows to make each flower pattern complete. So doing rows 2-5 makes a flower complete, and 6-9 is another complete flower [the 2nd sets of flowers sit between the 1st set]. So then work in 10-12 which are repeats of 6-8 and stop there! Go back to the top of the pattern and start doing the front 2 panels [right and left]. Coz once you then finish those you get the 'top half' of the bolero, and then you'll continue it - the Body - by joining up the right-back-left.

Hey,
I'm sorry! Craftster didn't alert me that I had a new reply. I'm glad someone else answered it so I feel a little less bad. Thanks. Guess I'll have to check manually  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

http://underhill940.blogspot.com/ <-- my crochet blog
www.wists.com/Underhill940 <-- yes I wist my own crafts hehe
otakufemme
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008 09:17:01 PM »

That is too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethgem
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2008 09:34:46 AM »

It's beautiful. Smiley Where did you get the pattern? It looks vaguely familiar to me; I've been reading a lot of pattern books lately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fochaux
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009 05:46:23 AM »

Totally ROCKS!!!!!  I so want to make one now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
kasihime
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009 06:13:33 PM »

The 'repeat pattern' refers to repeating the rows to make each flower pattern complete. So doing rows 2-5 makes a flower complete, and 6-9 is another complete flower [the 2nd sets of flowers sit between the 1st set]. So then work in 10-12 which are repeats of 6-8 and stop there! Go back to the top of the pattern and start doing the front 2 panels [right and left]. Coz once you then finish those you get the 'top half' of the bolero, and then you'll continue it - the Body - by joining up the right-back-left.

So, just to clarify... (b/c I'm a little retarded) We basically just repeat rows 1-9 again???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NameThatCandy
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009 08:31:27 AM »

Awesome!!  I plan to make it too.  What yarns did u use?

thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How to Make Cake Pops, Decorating Cake Pops Ideas:
http://www.MyLittleCakePops.com
Makeup Reviews:
http://crazyaboutmakeup.com/
http://www.NameThatCandy.Etsy.com
dannigirl
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009 07:14:10 AM »

awesome...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Underhill940

Gilmore Girls, Coffee, and Crafting..life is good.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2009 03:39:23 PM »

I used Caron Simply Soft, but I must warn that that yarn doesn't hang well. The bolero is soft alright, but it's kind of light and makes me look wider than I am. I plan on repeating the pattern with a DK cotton yarn and a smaller hook. I also want to taper the sleeves a bit so they're a bit more flattering. Thanks for the comments  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

http://underhill940.blogspot.com/ <-- my crochet blog
www.wists.com/Underhill940 <-- yes I wist my own crafts hehe
toric
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010 03:41:53 AM »

this is my favourite project from the happy hooker i cant wait to make one for myself. you did a really great job on it. how much yarn did use? im thinking about going shopping for mine in a couple days just want to finish a couple current projects first (haha yeah right)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Pot Roast in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Pork Roast
How to make Boiled Peanuts
How to make Collard Greens
How to make a Ham
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...