A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I made cookies! And cupcakes. Image loaded.  (Read 1017 times)
Tags for this thread: cookie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008 05:59:03 PM »

I made cupcakes using the (<a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/139518">Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Birthday Cake Recipe</a>) for my friend Matt, who was back in town (he goes to university in Toronto, and lives in residence there, so I don't see him as often as i'd like). Cry
And they went over REALLY well.  The whole recipe made about 30 cupcakes, so I gave 9 to my boyfriend and his family, 4 to my friend Matt, 10 to be spread out between my young cousins and my brothers and one left over, 5 for me and my parents, and 2 for friends at work.  My boyfriend says he has an addiction to the buns that I make (he's a Brit, with the yummy accent and everything.Wink), and he refuses to get treatment. Tongue  So much for my 12 step program! Wink  And a word about the plain ones, when were were going camping, we went to the Stouffville Wal-Mart to pick up some supplies, and he had a 5 minute rant about how you couldn't find plain buns (cupcakes/muffins) in this country, and how happy he was that I made them.  It was hilarious at the time.  Still is!

some of the cupcakes that made their way to my boyfriend's house

cupcakes!

close up of one. 

I also made sugar cookies using a recipe I found at All Recipes (<a href="http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookies-with-Buttercream-Frosting/Detail.aspx">Sugar Cookies</a> ), and icing using another recipe from All Recipes (<a href="http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Icing/Detail.aspx">Icing Recipe</a> ).  Sorry I don't have pictures, but they were really good too! Cheesy  They got rave reviews from everybody who tried them, but I would recommend that you cut the recipe in half for the icing.  It makes ALOT.  I still have enough left over for another 30 or so cupcakes!

And to end, a terrible picture of me with my boyfriend at my 20th birthday, a little over a month before we started dating!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008 06:11:59 PM »

awww that's so sweet Smiley

funny thing: i have several friends who are staying on res at uoft (i myself go there too) and this seems like a great idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Avian Flight
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008 06:51:20 PM »

yummy looking cupcakes! and your boy looks yummy too. He's really cute! lucky lucky girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
poprock6903
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008 06:53:35 PM »

Love love love the Magnolia vanilla cupcake recipe. They always come out so well! Also, you & your boyfriend are adorable! He's got kind of an Edward Norton thing going on... nice catch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008 08:39:34 PM »

Love love love the Magnolia vanilla cupcake recipe. They always come out so well! Also, you & your boyfriend are adorable! He's got kind of an Edward Norton thing going on... nice catch!
thanks!  It was my first time trying the recipe and I was really hoping it would go well!  And he's lovely.  He made me believe in love again. Smiley  As cliche as that sounds  I went through a really bad breakup that turned me off guys for about 2 years before he asked me out through a friend (we work together).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The One Product You Need For Gorgeous 2nd Day Hair
How to Get Bigger, Thicker Hair in Seconds
VF NEWS: Marni Spring/Summer 2015 - Milan Fashion Week
VF NEWS: Just Cavalli Spring/Summer 2015 - Milan Fashion Week
Everything You Need to Know About Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...