A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: photography assignment help...  (Read 507 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kissbangdie
« on: September 14, 2008 05:01:11 PM »

so my photo teacher this year is... well, he's just not the nicest person. He gave us an assignment of abstract photography. Now normally for abstract, I'd just do macro to the point of being abstract. But he made it very clear that abstract is NOT the same as macro.
And now I'm kind of at a loss as to what is considered 'abstract'...
And I was wondering if any of you out there shoot abstract photos and would like to give me some pointers.

oh, and, before this is said, I did ask my teacher for examples and he just went into a rant about how I should know the difference between abstract and macro.

thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VenusRising
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008 01:05:10 AM »

Abstract is taking an item and looking at it in a new and different way. For example, if you are taking a picture of a folding chair, instead of taking a picture of the whole chair, photograph just the hinge portion that makes the chair work. Or instead of taking a picture of a whole bicycle, photograph the chain wrapped around the gear. Or something as simple as a shadow cast on a wall or the interesting pattern in a sidewalk.  It's anything that represents the idea of the whole item instead of the whole item itself.

I hope that helps. And good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008 12:44:32 PM »

Wow, maybe we have the same evil prof . . . how is it some people can take all the fun out of art  Cry My prof not only criticized me for not being abstract enough, he also basically called me a HACK for taking pictures of sculptures that I liked. . . .
Anyway, VenusRising, thanks for the info . . . abstract isn't my thing, but that gives me ideas.  And Kissbangdie, good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do French Braiding
How to Cut Bangs for a Boy
How to Razor Damaged Hair
How to Layer the Interior of the Hair
How to De-tangle and Cut Damaged Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...