A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wall Decals  (Read 1386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: February 25, 2005 12:15:28 PM »

I ordered a wall decal off of ebay for my daughters room that says "Believe in your Dreams!".  It is awesome it only took 2 minutes to put up and it looks like I hand lettered it.  I found a few sites that sell this sort of thing and I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this?  It seems like they create them on the computer...but I can't figure out how and what kind of paper they use.  Check out www.wonderfulgraffiti.com to see what I am talking about.  Please let me know if you can help me!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005 01:16:47 PM »

Oh my...what a great site, and great idea. I dont' know how to make these...but I would love to know. Hopefully someone will have some hints. You could maybe use the printable window clingers, but I'm not sure how they would stick to walls. I have some at home...maybe I'll give it a go when I get home.

thanks for posting...I hope we can find a solution cause I can think of a thousand places to put these.

Check out my Etsy Shop...

My Wist

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005 04:20:11 PM »

What is a printable window clingable?  I had a friend over tonight who's husband owns a print shop and I asked her to find out what exactly these are.  I will let you know!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005 03:06:47 PM »

Kswab those are so cool!  My sister put one up in her kitchen that says "Eet smakelijk"  (which is basically Bon Apetit in Dutch).  It looks really great.  I wonder if you could buy some kind of clear contact type paper that would work in an inkjet printer.  I hope you figure them out!  If you do, please post! Smiley
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005 03:07:27 PM »

Oh by the way Kswab,  what a cute dog!

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007 01:53:59 AM »

I want to do something very similar. Same idea but I want graphics, dots, branch silouettes, etc). I was thinking that some sort of really thin vinyl and a low tack spray glue would do the trick but I can't seem to find any vinyl. Joann's has the texture kind but they're all neutral colors and textured. Has anyone seen a source of the smooth shiny kind?

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Jewelry with Carolyn McManus
How to Dye Wood Bangle Bracelets
How to Make Your Own Jewelry
How to Make Shrink Plastic Jewelry and Accessories
How to Make a Wrapped Loop - Bead Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...