A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Swiss here?  (Read 9104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbariweg
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008 05:59:24 AM »

I also live in Switzerland! French part. In this part of Switzerland, fabric stores are way too expensive! And very little choice. I don't know for the other crafts, but for sewers, there's no need to shop in the Geneva area!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glamasaurus
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008 12:55:35 AM »

HI I'm American but I live in Lenzburg which is close to Aarau. There is a store called Bastelhaus (I think that is the name) in Aarau and I think Zürich has one too. It has an excellent selection of craft supplies but is pricey. Other places I found good for beads and other crafty stuff are Coop, Migros, Jumbo, and Manor. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teetante
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008 05:42:28 AM »

I'm from Germany but just moved to Geneva. And I'm really struggling to get craft stuff, especially on a low budget. I couldn't find a decent fabric shop yet, but I found a small shop which sells only beads, there is a craft shop in the Rue (?) de Dancet, and of course COOP which is quite nice. I also get some stuff at the flea market, there are always 2-3 people selling beads and an interesting lady selling old fabric, buttons, lace and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning!
mini
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008 11:50:30 AM »

there are two nice quilt shops in Nyon. they aren't "cheap" but it is Switzerland after all! Wink  Near Lausanne there is a big crafts store called Cre'Arts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PonyHuetchen
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009 07:47:19 AM »

I live in Switzerland. I moved here a couple of moths ago - from Germany. Any other Swiss ladies out here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009 01:20:57 PM »

Hi out there!

I'm Swiss, too!  Smiley its nice to see that I'm not the only one in here.
If you are interested: I can recommend a good fabric store in Regensdorf, near Zurich. It's called Stoff & Vorhang Fachmarkt. I worked there for a couple of years. They aren't to expensive and have a quite good choice. They also sell yarn, buttons, ribbons,.... And the clue is that they have a Fundgrube. That's a special part of the store where they sell fabrics really cheap ( 5 to 9 SFr. per meter).

love
morrigan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cimberb
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009 02:09:42 PM »

I'm not swiss but my boyfriend was born in Switzerland. He's half spanish, half american though. His mother still loves there but he's in the United States. But i have a question, anyone interested in becoming my pen pal? I would like to get a swiss pen pal since my boyfriend is from there and I would love to visit one day. Pm if interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently redoing my house-looking for personal swaps to add touches. Smiley
la.bonita
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010 07:13:19 AM »

I'm from Switzerland as well, live in Zug but work in Lucerne. I know some fabric, yarn and craft shops here and will list them:

Lucerne (city)

aarlan (upper floor of the Vögele) yarn, wool and supplies
Hertensteinstrasse 50
6004 Luzern

Alja Nouveau (fabric and supplies) a bit further than the Coop in direction of the Spreuerbrücke, sometimes it has some cute designs and there's a table with fabric for sale where you pay about half the original price and there's a remnant box as well
Mühlenplatz 10
6004 Luzern

Vonarburg Voco AG (wool, yarn and supplies for knitting and crocheting in the lower floor, beads and other craft supplies in the first floor, fabrics in the second and third floor - in the third floor is Fasnacht-fabric, I've never been in this floor) it's quite expensive, but sometimes you can get good deals with remnants
Weinmarkt 8
6004 Luzern

Bead Box (a lot of beads, some are quite cheap, others are more expensive - depends on the material they're made of) I think they offer some workshops as well
Hirschenplatz 4
6004 Luzern

There is a fabric store in the Neustadt, near Helvetiaplatz, but I don't know its name and it's very expensive anyway. There's another fabric store I've never been in the Neustadt. As far as I have seen, they sell very expensive and exclusive fabric like silk and so.
Manor has some yarn and wool as well as beads and other craft supplies like knitting needles, crochet hooks, zippers and so on.

There's an Alja Nouveau in Zug as well, down the train station in direction of the lake and then turn right, next to the Pickwick Pub. Another fabric store is in the Baarerstrasse 60. It's really small but has some nice fabrics sometimes. There are one or two other stores but I've never been there.

I was once in a big fabric store in Bern, near the train station. You had to go in the lower floors, the had a lot of other crafting supplies as well. Can ask a friend if she could give a better description. Oh, and I think in the Loeb you should get some fabric and craft supplies as well.

There's one online store I order from sometimes. It's called cotton-colour and sells mostly patchwork fabric. I don't like all they have but if you browse the fabrics, you can find some cute designs sometimes.

I think that's all for now... Hehe...
Gruess bonita

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cornie

I sound my barbaric yawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010 07:24:29 PM »

hiya! im not swiss either... but i live in lausanne.  im really looking for folks to meet up with.  im just beginning french so joining a meet up group would  be a bit tricky. i was hoping to find some crafty ex-pats in my area...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

¤·*·-.,.-·¤·*·-.,.-·*·¤·*·-.,.-·¤  ¤·*·-.,.-·*·¤·*·-.,.-¤
art/projects
¤·*·-.,.-·¤·*·-.,.-·*·¤·*·-.,.-·¤  ¤·*·-.,.-·*·¤·*·-.,.-¤
istaria
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011 04:11:13 AM »

Whoo I thought I'd be the only one. I too live in Lausanne- I haven't really found any good craft places but Ikea is my second home where I buy most of my fabric as it's affordable..and who doesn't like Ikea?

I sometimes go to flea markets or just buy things on sale in random stores to recycle them into things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dark Dude Book Trailer
Narine Nikogosian Offers Simple Solutions for Tired Eyes
Stephanie McClellan and Beth Hamilton Reveal Their Most Noticeable Trait
Nene Leakes Talks About Never Make the Same Mistake Twice
Philippa Gregory on The Plantagenets
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...