A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Swiss here?  (Read 9088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Roonika
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007 02:26:10 AM »

Hi mini and swaantje!

Actually I not only ment swiss but also people living in Switzerland of cause  Smiley

There's one craft supply store on Rennweg near Bahnhofstrasse. It has a lot of stuff. Then I know one store that sells beads. It's near the tram station Haldenegg. Also the diy departments of Migros + Coops sell some things for crafting.

I just realized that I probably should have posted under Europe in general. But maybe we should start a Swiss group in the board?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007 02:29:09 AM by Roonika » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlittletime

Pink frosting is wunnerful, dahlink!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007 09:33:37 AM »

I just noticed our Swiss discussion is under the "germany" group! That's just not right!!!

I realized that too, long after I made the original post! A big, fat "DUH" to me and my apologies to the German posters! I keep forgetting to ask about getting this moved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlittletime

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007 09:35:09 AM »

I just realized that I probably should have posted under Europe in general. But maybe we should start a Swiss group in the board?

I think this is an awesome idea! Then we could move this over to the proper place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weRnotALONE
The All Powerful Zippy

yumm... talking muffins...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007 03:16:04 PM »

Hello everyone!

Well, I am actually an American, but I am currently being an exchange student in the area around Bremgarten.

I was actually going to go to zurich tomorrow to search for a craftstore (gotta love having a GA  Cheesy) It's exciting to know there is one somewhere lol. The migros in Baden doesn't have beads, and neither does Coop. But I will start the hunt tomorrow. I hope to make a ton of amigurumi thingers.

Ciao miteinand
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
mini
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007 03:19:34 AM »

Hello everyone!

Well, I am actually an American, but I am currently being an exchange student in the area around Bremgarten.

I was actually going to go to zurich tomorrow to search for a craftstore (gotta love having a GA  Cheesy) It's exciting to know there is one somewhere lol. The migros in Baden doesn't have beads, and neither does Coop. But I will start the hunt tomorrow. I hope to make a ton of amigurumi thingers.

Ciao miteinand

no beads in Zurich? I'm surprised. Have you tried thier DIY stores? or Manor? They usually have beads.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

weRnotALONE
The All Powerful Zippy

yumm... talking muffins...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007 06:42:40 AM »

I actually don't normally go into manor (it's slightly out of the budget of an exchange student), but I am sure they are out there somewhere, just not as insanely easy to find as in america.

I did manage to find canvases and paint MEGA cheap a few months ago, so I am spending the sport vacation painting until I can get my hands on a crochet hook and yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Roonika
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007 12:38:31 PM »

I know Manor has beads, but they're actually really not very cheap.
I just remembered that there is also a bead shop in the Niederdorf. Probably also rather expensive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serinde
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007 05:01:43 AM »

I am swiss too, but I live in holland. well, actually half swiss since my mum is dutch, but what the heck, I don't care.

I have been in switserland just two weeks ago, but I want to be there again. now! (I just ate my last chocolate Wink.) running out of chocolate is a good reason to go back I think Tongue.

I remember one craft store in 'die alte fabrikk' oder etwas, but I guess that was closer to waedenswil than to zuerich so that is not really usefull to you Undecided..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midorian
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008 11:03:21 PM »

Sal Zme

This is rather an old thread.. But I only just found it..

Wow, lot's of half-swiss people out there Smiley I'm one too, my mum's Swiss (from Solothurn) but I was born and raised in Finland. Did an exchange year in Bern, though, and met my boyfriend, and will be moving back there in a few months.. So, if anyone knows of any good(=cheap) fabric stores in the Bern-Solothurn area I would be very grateful Smiley (Well, if there is a really-really cheap one somewhere further away I'd actually travel to get there..)

Merci!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlittletime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008 01:18:59 AM »

Whew! I finally got around to moving this out of the German board!! Sorry it took so long!
I hope everyone who wants to find it, will still be able to.

Please keep adding stores where you find good crafting and sewing supplies, along with their locations.
I would also love it if any of you posted any Swiss crafts/sewing related websites or blogs here!

Thank you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Face Paint Tools
How to Face Paint a Butterfly
Finishing Face Paint Touches on the Butterfly
Watercolor Painting: Preserving Whites
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...